What Other Fans Are Saying About The Call At the End

Someone was saying that there is a rule where if a player starts pulling a teammate, as Fant pulled Wright, forward progress is automatically stopped. I've never heard of that rule.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what we said about 2020 and look what happened
If you told me 7-5 reg season and we actually were competitive in every game to a degree with 14 dudes most being key contributors I would have said let me have it after that crap Elmer Fudd put on the field last year.

Everything else going on in the country... Spot on!

With a $4.5 million a year contract for 7 years, he will have a lot of Oregon in him for the next couple of seasons, no accountability, zero responsibility for his on the job learning baffoonery, a high school coach knows you need points in first possession overtime, if you get beat with the touchdown that is how overtime works, but to get beat by a field goal turning it over on downs, that is embarrassing, this is your first indication Heupel has a ceiling

Or....you figure their defense is just as exhausted as your's and you have faith in your kid's....you know, the same bitching you'd make if he'd have kicked the field goal. GTFO

With a $4.5 million a year contract for 7 years, he will have a lot of Oregon in him for the next couple of seasons, no accountability, zero responsibility for his on the job learning baffoonery, a high school coach knows you need points in first possession overtime, if you get beat with the touchdown that is how overtime works, but to get beat by a field goal turning it over on downs, that is embarrassing, this is your first indication Heupel has a ceiling

Fortunately we scored a touchdown there so Heupel played it correctly.

Someone was saying that there is a rule where if a player starts pulling a teammate, as Fant pulled Wright, forward progress is automatically stopped. I've never heard of that rule.

It's only to be called in extremely blatant situations where the runner, as judged by officials, has absolutely no chance of gaining additional yardage on their own. I found a story about it because it happens frequently and is universally not called, the last time it was found to have been called as of 2020, was 1991. They interviewed a former official who said he never called it at any level, a single time in 40 years as an official.

Someone is FOS. There is a rule that says you cannot pull to assist someone’s forward motion or propel someone forward yet it happens every game just about. Never is called and that’s not what happened here. The dumbass official called the play dead too quickly while it was still happening, blew the whistle while the ball was being stretched over goal line.

they never call that……but if they were to it’s a 5 yard penalty.

Technically progress stops at the foul (live ball foul); however that was not called (I mean the play will develop however the ball and mark off will go back to the spot).

if it were called Tennessee would have been moved back 5 yards and given another play…………without the bogus “progress” decision.

Exactly if that’s the call. But that’s not what they called.
That’s 2 different times that the game hinging call has been a forward progress call that is a complete judgement call and non reviewable so it can’t be questioned or undone. I’m glad all refs have integrity and don’t let things like the betting line and which team they might have money on affect their calls and decisions.

It was actually 3rd down, but yeah, I just mentioned that in another thread. That WAS a reviewable play, they just chose not to because… well, because we’re Tennessee.
Thanks for the clarification, but either way, it potentially cost us a TD near the opposing end zone. If forward progress had been accurately called on that play, we easily have a first down. On that play, however, they decided forward progress isn’t a thing.

Reactions: OHvol40
Inconsequential? That stadium sounded loud on TV but I guess we just need to start opting out of these ridiculous Inconsequential bowl games moving forward.

How many U8 soccer games have you been kicked out of?

I disagree with the call. It was horrible. With that said, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game before that. I think our coaching and execution was off tonight.
You should have stopped before "with that said". The game played out just as it did under game pressure and situations, and the refs didn't give us the opportunity to win by screwing us with that call.
D

Sickening post...mustard toss to you.

VN Store

Back