What Michigan Fans Think About Joe Milton Starting at UT

Hard to deny cause for concern. I would much rather have a smart, accurate QB who reads defenses and makes good decisions over a cannon arm or big run threat. If Milton becomes Guarantano at game time, I wanna see Bailey get developed.
He won't

There's only one JG

"If" all comments are true and accurate then they sound like a smart group of fans. All things considered. It all comes down to how he plays. I pray it was the thumb injury and HC(J.H.) Hope he shines under Heupel-coach him up and put him in the right position. Something Harbaugh clearly didn't!

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
When Milton lights it up against Bowling green, and Pitt, and Florida those Michigan fans going to wonder what happened. Wondering if it was a mistake by Harbaugh or not?

When Milton lights it up against Bowling green, and Pitt, and Florida those Michigan fans going to wonder what happened. Wondering if it was a mistake by Harbaugh or not?

They expect him to Flash Gordon the bird men of Ohio. They doubt he'll collect the pelts of the Panthers and the Gators. Just for the record, they said so.

Meanwhile, I predict that:

There will be peace, peace in the Tennessee Valley for us some day.
There'll be no sadness, no sorrow, no troubles we'll see.
There will be peace, peace in the valley for you and me.

[Apologies to Loretta Lynn]

Reactions: bigorange
Either he will be better than JG or worse, that should be the benchmark going forward at UT. I can't imagine him being worse especially with a competent offensive coach.

Reactions: BIGAL27
I think every Vol fan that's interested has watched the video on Milton's passed games. I for one don't care what Michigan fans think or have to say about him. Might as well start a thread on what Gator fans or Bama fans think about him. I will say this I bet he doesn't lead the nation for pick sixes for the 2021 season. Let the man take some live game snaps before anyone else starts their next whinner thread about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: jarnol32
Did you know over the last 5 years only bama,Ohio state and LSU have had more players drafted than Michigan? I’d say a few of those high schoolers got better…
Makes their results even worse then. They sure haven’t enjoyed the 4th highest level of success with all that nfl talent on the roster

Makes their results even worse then. They sure haven’t enjoyed the 4th highest level of success with all that nfl talent on the roster
You’re not wrong. Just pointing out it’s dumb to say i can’t think of anyone that has gotten better under him. Because the facts don’t support that, it’s just an argument people here want to hear

The Joe Milton thread on one of the Michigan forums is pretty interesting. 117 comments. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, but mods can delete if not:
link

Overall, Michigan fans seem pretty divided on whether Milton's failure there was the fault of Harbaugh or Milton.

Some comments:

Lots of opinions from Michigan fans. The debates over there remind me of VN.

I'm still skeptical that Milton is going to dramatically improve this year, and yet weirdly optimistic. I doubt he'll have any issues vs BG (and I'm hoping we win big and Hooker / Bailey get some playing time), so the real tests are Pitt and Florida. Regardless, this is the best part of the season: we're undefeated! :D

GBO!
Sounds like.... drum roll.......

Wasn't that bad thumb or finger or whatever NOT on his throwing hand? I'm asking, I've heard it explained both ways.
Looks like it was his throwing hand.

Attachments

• D919D41D-67E3-4CED-8DEC-2A071A3DE914.png
    D919D41D-67E3-4CED-8DEC-2A071A3DE914.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
I'm giving the guy a chance. Hoping a new home and new offense does the trick for him. But from what I've heard, there's a good chance he's going to he the second coming of JG. Great arm, great physical tools, but just doesn't have it between the ears. We'll see, I guess.

What both fan bases discount: he’s still a young kid. There is so much room for growth. What will he grow into? Who knows? I point to Lamar Jackson. Look at his growth from HS to now. It’s a long process to develop a great QB, especially one that doesn’t have refined skills as a youngster. What I don’t get is people who act like Milton (or HB for that matter) is a know commodity or finished product. Give these dudes room to evolve as people and players and stop with the instant gratification nonsense.

From Rexrode article in The Athletic

"Milton redshirted in 2018 as Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson quarterbacked the Wolverines to a 10-3 season. That offseason, Milton, fellow Michigan quarterback Brandon Peters and Jackson Hamilton — the young son of Pep Hamilton and a 2025 recruit who is already getting Power 5 offers — started to do extra work with Michigan-based quarterback coach Donovan Dooley. Dooley, a former college coach and longtime friend of Waseem’s, founded Quarterback University in 2010, and he continues to work closely with Milton. In regular Zoom sessions, they go over Tennessee’s offense and various defensive concepts, and Dooley said Milton right now compared with a year ago “has added so much to his tool belt, has grown so much in his understanding of the game.”

The Joe Milton thread on one of the Michigan forums is pretty interesting. 117 comments. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, but mods can delete if not:
link

Overall, Michigan fans seem pretty divided on whether Milton's failure there was the fault of Harbaugh or Milton.

Some comments:

Lots of opinions from Michigan fans. The debates over there remind me of VN.

I'm still skeptical that Milton is going to dramatically improve this year, and yet weirdly optimistic. I doubt he'll have any issues vs BG (and I'm hoping we win big and Hooker / Bailey get some playing time), so the real tests are Pitt and Florida. Regardless, this is the best part of the season: we're un's worst efeated! :D
What I got from reading most of the comments from the Michigan board is that they think that J Miltonn is JG #2. That is: he is the world's best practice player and the world
's worst game player. I hope not. If so, then we are in for another year of sh***ty football.

VN Store

Back