What kind of mattress you all rolling with?

Got to say best ever is a expense blow up bed we use to travel with, best nites sleep. Still use to for Gkids when they spend time but it’s the best. Two years ago bought a sleep number due to wifeys bad back problems. It was pricey but worth every penny. 0% finance, heated, great topper and fully adjustable never thought I’d have a bed with an app. We went thru $$$ with all mattresses but this SleepNumber will be forever
And got it on sale. Good nites sleeping makes all the difference

I'm looking too. Side sleeper so I don't want too firm. Made the mistake of buying a firm but have to use a foam topper to tolerate it.

Casper? Leesa? Any experience?

We bought a leesa. It was comfortable but my wife I started getting stuck in the middle of it. It was starting to dip in the middle after 3 years. We broke down and bought a Serta Iseries hybrid luxury firm and it has been the the best decision I think I have ever made. I’m a belly sleeper so I need something a bit firmer for more support. These holiday sales are the cheapest you’re going to find a bed as well. And always haggle if you purchase from a box store (besides tempurpedic). Wife hates when I do it but we bought a $1,999 (mattress only) for $1,499 out the door with the box springs and I had them throw in a bed frame.

I have a Bed in a Box. That's the name of the company. They used to have a factory in JC. They have since moved. But it's a dang good foam bed. My only problem is I tend to sleep in the same spot all night and wake up sore because of it.

I'm looking to upgrade to a Cal King. I've been looking at Purple or Nectar for the next one.

We got a King size cool top memory foam from Mattress Firm last year during the President's Day sale. But, not a deep discount. That brand they carry does not allow. Now, their other store stuff you can get huge discounts. But, we also returned one of those choices for the foam.

Jamison also makes great mattresses. At a much better price than the familiar name brands, and in most cases a lot more comfortable. They supply the famous Marriott Bed. I really wanted to go with a Jamison, but my wife didn't understand the quality of the company cause they weren't noticeable brand to most. Look up a local Jamison dealer and go give them a try. They should have an array of their entry level to the top end.

Last edited:
Reactions: vollygirl
Last year we bought 2 Wink Bed twins, a firm for me and soft for my wife. We also bought 2 adjustable bases and then but it all in a king frame. So we have a king but with separate sides and each side adjustable. Best sleep ever.
Is there a crease in the middle

The crease in the middle is what I hated about my sleep number. Have tried the Casper mattress. Hated it. Memory foam is awful. Got a Serra firm spring mattress from Sam’s club for like $300 bucks and it’s the best I’ve tried. Would really like to try a Purple. Also, really want an Ooler. My biggest problem these days is waking up sweating. Low body temp is supposedly huuugggeee for your deep sleep. Going to get one someday in the not to distance future.

We bought an avocado green. Wife will probably buy the pillow top at some point, but I like the firmness of the regular.

We bought an avocado green. Wife will probably buy the pillow top at some point, but I like the firmness of the regular.

We have the pillow top and pillows. After back surgery 30 years ago I need the firmness, but like the softness on top. I used to sleep with a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood between the mattress and box springs (20-30 years ago).

I think the one you have is the top rated mattress by Consumer Report. The pillow top is the same mattress. It just has the top added.
I received an email saying their products are on sale thru 2-24. The best prices I have ever seen.

We have the pillow top and pillows. After back surgery 30 years ago I need the firmness, but like the softness on top. I used to sleep with a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood between the mattress and box springs (20-30 years ago).

I think the one you have is the top rated mattress by Consumer Report. The pillow top is the same mattress. It just has the top added.
I received an email saying their products are on sale thru 2-24. The best prices I have ever seen.

It killed me to pay what I did. Wish I could’ve waited for a sale. I’ll check and see what the mattress pad is going for.

Mattresses need to do two things, 1) Keep your spine straight and 2) Have no pressure points, that way you can lay on a bad shoulder or bad hip. In order to do that you have to have a lot of foam on
the top of the mattress. A soft mattress is never bad, a sagging mattress is always bad and a lot o people equate soft with sagging because back in the 60's it was said that you needed to sleep on
a mattress as hard as a rock, we now know that is not true. If a person has a hard time turning over, you may not want so much foam on the top, but you have to have enough foam to fill in your
arches whether you are on your side or your back. I sleep on memory foam and almost everybody makes memory foam now, and a mattress with coils is fine as long as there is enough foam on
the top of the mattress. You can test and see if your mattress is sagging by the string test, holding a string across the top of your mattress and see how much space is between the string and the
middle of your mattress. Happy Sleeping.....:)

Last edited:
Hybrid mattresses, half pocketed coils and half foam are very popular right now, and you can have memory
foam on the top or latex or regular foam. Latex and regular foam you lay on top of the mattress, and memory foam you kind
of lay in, sink down a little bit, so it just depends on the comfort level that you are searching for. Almost all foam mattresses now days
have cooling gel in them because when memory foam first came out it was hot because you were laying right on the foam with
no quilting on the top, but if you are a hot sleeper you will want to make sure that your foam mattress has cooling gel in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Last year we bought 2 Wink Bed twins, a firm for me and soft for my wife. We also bought 2 adjustable bases and then but it all in a king frame. So we have a king but with separate sides and each side adjustable. Best sleep ever.
WinkBeds Luxury Hybrid Mattress | 120 Night Trial | Lifetime Warranty

Kelvin Upholstered Standard Bed

I also bought a wool-filled pillow which I love.

We're ready to replace our mattress and we are gonna go to a king.

My head is spinning at this post (in a good way).

We bought a memory foam last year. Took a bit to get used to, kinda have, but both of us seem to have issues. Wife's back hurts a lot, to where she'll go to the couch. I've had a couple of horrible, wake me up, leg cramps, and have never had that happen. My hip on the side I sleep in has started hurting almost every morning. It usually takes a couple of hours to stop, then it's fine until I lay back down. I hate to get rid of it, because it cost us $1,000, but we're at the point where we're going to.

Reactions: vollygirl
We bought a memory foam last year. Took a bit to get used to, kinda have, but both of us seem to have issues. Wife's back hurts a lot, to where she'll go to the couch. I've had a couple of horrible, wake me up, leg cramps, and have never had that happen. My hip on the side I sleep in has started hurting almost every morning. It usually takes a couple of hours to stop, then it's fine until I lay back down. I hate to get rid of it, because it cost us $1,000, but we're at the point where we're going to.
It's amazing the difference it makes. We went to 3 different places, tried several different kinds, and ended up with another hybrid (foam and coils).

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back