What kind of mattress you all rolling with?

We bought a memory foam last year. Took a bit to get used to, kinda have, but both of us seem to have issues. Wife's back hurts a lot, to where she'll go to the couch. I've had a couple of horrible, wake me up, leg cramps, and have never had that happen. My hip on the side I sleep in has started hurting almost every morning. It usually takes a couple of hours to stop, then it's fine until I lay back down. I hate to get rid of it, because it cost us $1,000, but we're at the point where we're going to.

Just in case you bought it at Costco, they would take it back....

Unfortunately we didn't.
You may want to look into a hybrid mattress which is half foam and half individual pocketed coils,
and you can have different foams on the top, whether you want a latex top, or memory foam top
or regular foam top or pillow top that would be on top of the individual pocketed coils. On the
right mattress you should be able to lay on a bad shoulder or hip. A hybrid mattress is your
latest technology in a mattress. Your mattress may be swaying in the middle and the only way
to tell if you cannot see a sway is to put a string across the middle with some weights on either
end like a washer or something and then see if it has more than 7/8 of an inch between the string
and the mattress, if so your mattress is failing and definitely will not get any better. Too bad
you do not live closer because I would get you a really good mattress :)

Last edited:
You may want to look into a hybrid mattress which is half foam and half individual pocketed coils,
and you can have different foams on the top, whether you want a latex top, or memory foam top
or regular foam top or pillow top that would be on top of the individual pocketed coils. On the
right mattress you should be able to lay on a bad shoulder or hip. A hybrid mattress is your
latest technology in a mattress. Your mattress may be swaying in the middle and the only way
to tell if you cannot see a sway is to put a string across the middle with some weights on either
end like a washer or something and then see if it has more than 7/8 in an inch between the string
and the mattress, if so your mattress is failing and definitely will not get any better. Too bad
you do not live closer because I would get you a really good mattress :)

Great post Cjv.....a lot of good info to consider. I bought a Mlily hybrid and really like it. There is a store in Knox. just past Turkey Creek. Kingston Pike address n a strip mall.

Reactions: Vjcvette
We got a king memory foam mattress off Amazon. Actually, I think it was either a prime day deal or a black Friday deal so it was $250. No complaints here.

It's weird feeling. Kinda like a waveless waterbed. My son has had one for a few years and they really like it.
They're heavy though šŸ¤£. We helped someone move a couple of years ago that had one, and that was awful trying to carry!

Reactions: vollygirl
My old pillow top Stearns and Foster bed has held up. I don't remember when I got it but it's been more than 10 years old easily. It's a firm mattress, possibly extra firm. My back cannot handle soft mattresses.

My old pillow top Stearns and Foster bed has held up. I don't remember when I got it but it's been more than 10 years old easily. It's a firm mattress, possibly extra firm. My back cannot handle soft mattresses.
When every yours finally wears out, come see me in Harriman and I will get you a Great mattress :)

VN Store

Back