What kind of mattress you all rolling with?

Thanks. They make several different models from about $1000 up. I don't care to spend a few grand on a good mattress if it'll last for 10+ years and I don't wake up with a backache. I think I'm going to check these out.
25 year warranty on the mattress.

I looked it up, ouch.

Did you go with the adjustable base and if so is it worth it?
Indeed I did. Yes it’s worth it. I have woken up every day in pain for the last decade. That stopped the night I slept in this bed. Plus it turned out to be 0% financing for four years.

After testing my friends Sleep Number I can say without a doubt I'm not a fan. You develop your sleep number while laying on the mattress, and so it basically calculates your sleep number based on your body mass along with firmness. If a 230lb man lays on the bed and decides his sleep number setting is 54 then when he gets off of it the bed basically becomes a deflated pillow. This is annoying if you sometimes like to sit on the edge of your bed to put your socks, shoes, etc. on. It's a very expensive glorified air mattress.

I've currently got a Stearns and Foster pillow top mattress. This particular type is non-flippable so you can only spin it. I've had this mattress for over a decade and am quite impressed with how it's held up. It was originally purchased as a firm, possibly extra firm mattress.

It's not worth it to skimp on your mattress. Based on a 75 year long life span you spend 25 of those years on your mattress. A mattress should be an investment to your health and well being.

We got one at Bedr Mattress a year ago in Knoxville. Local company and the mattress was made by Johnson City Bedding. We still love it.

My mom has one that is all memory foam and I really don't like those when I tried it out.

Reactions: 71VOL
Seriously though... went mattress shopping a few weeks ago. My wife swears by beauty rest, the guy had to show her the zero gravity, adjustable cooling foam, King which of course he says he has one just like it and it’s the greatest night sleep he’s ever had. It was pretty great, but No way, not happening.

This was at Mattress Firm. Really looking for a good, comparable alternative.

Seriously though... went mattress shopping a few weeks ago. My wife swears by beauty rest, the guy had to show her the zero gravity, adjustable cooling foam, King which of course he says he has one just like it and it’s the greatest night sleep he’s ever had. It was pretty great, but No way, not happening.

This was at Mattress Firm. Really looking for a good, comparable alternative.

Those beds go from $2500 to $5200. That's insane.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Those beds go from $2500 to $5200. That's insane.

Thank you!!! That’s what I said. Nope, not happening. I think the guy told us it was a deal of a lifetime and the low end was $2700 bc he knocked off a grand or something.

If you like a firm mattress, you may like the Simmons Calista Black. We bought one recently and love it. Not the cheapest, paid 1800 for a full size. Very happy with it.

We got a Sealy memory foam cool mattress in King. Love it. Got our son a full size memory foam in a box off internet $200. Equally good.

If you're a "hot" sleeper, the memory foam will not be your cup of tea. They sleep hot no matter what they say about them being "cool". I hate both of mine. Wife loves 'em. It feels like you're sleeping with a bad sunburn. It's okay in the winter but summer months are hell for me.

If you're a "hot" sleeper, the memory foam will not be your cup of tea. They sleep hot no matter what they say about them being "cool". I hate both of mine. Wife loves 'em. It feels like you're sleeping with a bad sunburn. It's okay in the winter but summer months are hell for me.

I don't know. That cooling gel seems to work. Atleast on ours.

We switched to the cooling memory foam from a simmons beauty rest. I'd swear by that one. and, we'd still have it if we hadn't brought bed bugs in from somewhere. Did everything to get rid of them. Nothing worked. But, my step-son is in Ag and sent me some stuff you have to have certification to buy. After we got rid of the other set, frame, head and foot board and all, I treated the room several times, sealed the baseboards, etc. No more bed bugs.

We’ve had a saatva for a couple of years now. Incredible! 20 year warranty and made of organic materials. It compares to a black beauty around $2500, but it’s online only so no middle man. We read a million reviews and took a gamble but it was totally worth it. around $1000 for queen.

Last edited:
I had been sleeping awful. Because the Casper has a 100 day free trial we gave it a shot. It took a little while to get used to a foam bed but now I like it. It’s not the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on, but it costs significantly less than what those beds do.

Our guest room has a Sealy Posturpedic Park Avenue firm. It's an older mattress design, the kind you flip over as well as rotate. Sometimes, when the moon is full, we'll sleep on that bed in the guest room and keep the curtains open so that the moonlight enters the room. I do like that mattress...

Bump, because I am in the market for a mattress. I am leaning to purchasing a Purple mattress. Does anyone own one?

Tempur-pedic for almost a year now. We've been very happy with it.
Same here. Going on 2 years. They are pricey but we laid on almost every damn mattress in the store and the tempur pedic was the only one that really was amazing

Avocado green pillow top. We love it.

Consumer Reports has an article out yesterday 2-14 with the best sales for president day.

They also have mattress ratings.

VN Store

Back