What is your favorite casual dining "chain" restaurant?

Asheville has a dozen spinoffs from a chain called Papa’s & Beer. They call their food California-Style Mexican, which perplexes Hubs because it’s plain old Mexican to him. * cough * 64 years in Cali * cough *. So there’s Mama’s and Beer (smaller than Papa’s), etc. The one near us is El Que Pasa. Literally the same menu.

Anyway, they have a dish called Papa’s Fajitas: grilled steak, chicken, and shrimp fajitas on a cast iron fajita skillet so hot that guarantees you can’t eat for ten minutes after it’s set down in front of you. $12.99 or $13.99, can’t remember which. Draft Mexican beer + the usual suspects. I haven’t finished one yet.

Asheville is dying for a good hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant. waaah

Reactions: Souce
Asheville has a dozen spinoffs from a chain called Papa’s & Beer. They call their food California-Style Mexican, which perplexes Hubs because it’s plain old Mexican to him. * cough * 64 years in Cali * cough *. So there’s Mama’s and Beer (smaller than Papa’s), etc. The one near us is El Que Pasa. Literally the same menu.

Anyway, they have a dish called Papa’s Fajitas: grilled steak, chicken, and shrimp fajitas on a cast iron fajita skillet so hot that guarantees you can’t eat for ten minutes after it’s set down in front of you. $12.99 or $13.99, can’t remember which. Draft Mexican beer + the usual suspects. I haven’t finished one yet.

@MyBloodRunnethOrange @joevol33 @508mikey are going to scoff at you for suggesting Chinese

best be happy there is no chinese joints

Reactions: Souce and joevol33
best be happy there is no chinese joints
Pssh. I miss these guys: https://jinyerichmond.com/ Walk down the hill, two blocks past the church, around the corner from the market.

They used to be called Little China. Talk about a hole in the wall; I think they had 3 tiny tables. They seem to have gone a bit foo-foo. I hope they’re as rude as ever. 1545960822964.gif

Reactions: Souce
We never really eat chain resteraunts but if or when we do:

O'Charley's has a decent brunch and free pie Wednesdays

As mentioned TX Roadhouse is a good all round joint.

It's somewhat local but Demos' is technically a chain in mid state and is good.

I just didn't appreciate the waste of my time if they felt that way. Why interview me in the first place? They should have handled things better being in a college town.
You should buy one and only staff it with transients to show them how it's done.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back