What is your biggest position group of concern for this years team?

What is your biggest position group of concern for this years team?

• QB

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • RB

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • OL

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • WR

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • TE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K

• P

• DL

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • LB

Votes: 48 20.1%
  • DBs

Votes: 148 61.9%

• Total voters
No offense, but this poll is useless right now and should be posted AFTER this year’s transfer portal shuffle. One or two transfers can make a world of difference to the quality of any position group.

1a. DB
1b. DL (rush end specifically)
2. LB
3. OL

I selected db, but dl is a concern without that big time pass rusher. If we can pressure and contain the qb then our back end on defense will be better.

We need some help at LB. Our linebackers got ate up most of the season, but did show some improvement late in the season.

If OLine pay improves then we set another scoring record.

I think HH improves after an off season in the system.

WR should be our strongest unit followed by RB.

I like our TE’s and think they will be the most improved unit on offense.

Reactions: tnutater
DB's

it's a
200.gif

1a. DB
1b. DL (rush end specifically)
2. LB
3. OL

I selected db, but dl is a concern without that big time pass rusher. If we can pressure and contain the qb then our back end on defense will be better.

We need some help at LB. Our linebackers got ate up most of the season, but did show some improvement late in the season.

If OLine pay improves then we set another scoring record.

I think HH improves after an off season in the system.

WR should be our strongest unit followed by RB.

I like our TE’s and think they will be the most improved unit on offense.
Agree...must get to the QB more regularly, while also having good CB play. JH and group seem pretty astute and when they make something a point of focus, I'm optimistic we'll improve. JH has obviously talked alot about 3rd down D. If we improve here, and keep our chops on offense, we'll make some big strides this year.

DL has me concerned the most. The loss of Buttler leaves a pretty big space to fill as he played a ton of snaps. An effective DL can also hide a lot of the weakness in the rest of the defense. We are in desperate need of a d-line being able to generate consistent pass rushing.
I thought #94 was good. Is he back?

Would also love to see your position in a post and you reason why it’s a concern.

For me, it’s OL. While I believe we will struggle on the back end defensively, this team will live and die on offense.

Last year’s line was decent at best and we lost some contributors there. If we can’t step up play, I fear we will see another season like last year where we simply cannot win games against top tier opponents.

Last season, the offensive line play was impacted by injuries to both Mays. Carvin, Wright, Mayes, Lampley, Lane, Ball, Crawford, Davis, Robinson, Mincey and Spraggins all appeared in 10 or more games last season. So, we've got 11 guys with significant game experience on the OL, and invaluable experience in the offensive system. One would expect a couple of other OL who got little playing time last year to compete for playing time this fall. So, from a depth perspective, we should be fine. If several key OL improve, and it's very likely they will, the OL could be a real strength.

We still need several of these areas but DBs slightly edge linebackers to me. We need cover corners and our strong safety play was not good last year. The QB sneak killed us several times when a safety was in position to make the tackle but just couldn't. We got out athleted by Stetson Bennett on QB draws.

Somebody gotta stop all those wrs n tds that an offense like UT and Heupel creates.U see how we roll on offense u imagine playing us with the group we have as of today scary stuff fellas.Lbs need step up but ain't as worried hopefully ain't 3 Heisman qbs we facing again.Corral lit our butts up running and ain't no Alonte or Theo back there anymore

VN Store

Back