What is your biggest position group of concern for this years team?

What is your biggest position group of concern for this years team?

• QB

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • RB

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • OL

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • WR

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • TE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K

• P

• DL

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • LB

Votes: 48 20.1%
  • DBs

Votes: 148 61.9%

• Total voters

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Would also love to see your position in a post and you reason why it’s a concern.

For me, it’s OL. While I believe we will struggle on the back end defensively, this team will live and die on offense.

Last year’s line was decent at best and we lost some contributors there. If we can’t step up play, I fear we will see another season like last year where we simply cannot win games against top tier opponents.

DB's, specifically corners, because well, it's obvious if you watched the Music City Bowl. Not to mention any other game with any QB worth a crap. Our DB's got torched game after game after game. Linebackers is my second biggest concern.

I have ZERO concerns on offense (other than maybe better OL run block/pass protect, but it's at least serviceable with a mobile QB). But we HAVE TO recruit better Defense.

I voted LB. Think the weakness there caused both the DL and secondary to play in a compensating mode and cost us lots of the big hair pulling plays due to reduced pressure on QB and cheating to help cover the LB pass coverage area. My untrained eye take anyway.

Would also love to see your position in a post and you reason why it’s a concern.

For me, it’s OL. While I believe we will struggle on the back end defensively, this team will live and die on offense.

Last year’s line was decent at best and we lost some contributors there. If we can’t step up play, I fear we will see another season like last year where we simply cannot win games against top tier opponents.
We lost cade, that's it, and he was out half the season anyways

DBs no question. I think they improve but how much? Hopefully, our pass rush makes up for it.

I debated whether to say LB or DB. It seems I'm not the only one thinking that.

DBs we’re terrible; LBers are arguably as bad. Running QBs could basically do whatever they wanted.

DL has me concerned the most. The loss of Buttler leaves a pretty big space to fill as he played a ton of snaps. An effective DL can also hide a lot of the weakness in the rest of the defense. We are in desperate need of a d-line being able to generate consistent pass rushing.

Reactions: GoVols15
I think D line will be fine with Baron, Young, Simmons, Thomas. Depth is a concern.

DBs, depth isn't a concern at all, but top end talent. A good amount of experience with. Obviously dealing with injuries currently, but they should all be healthy come season time, plus extra transfer additions.

LBs have a ton of experience, and I thought they improved as the season went on. Mitchell being healthy hopefully ups their talent level, plus maybe a guy like Herring, Willis, or Mohan step up.

I'm actually slightly concerned about WR. Currently we have no one proven except for Tillman. Hyatt and Keyton have been around awhile, but haven't don't a lot. The young guys have some promise, but they've played a combined like 8 games. Experienced TEs might help alleviate some of these issues

I'm only concerned with LT on the O-Line, everyone else is back. Good depth there, as the O-Line played pretty well despite dealing with a lot of injuries last year. Have to find someone that can play at LT, though we at least have some intriguing options.

I wanted to check several options - OL, DB, LB, and DL - all of which has me concerned. I ended up selecting OL, and here's why:

1. We had a very slim rotation last year
2. When Cade and Cooper were out with injuries it hit the line hard, the stand "2's" just weren't as productive
3. D. Davis picking up PT as a former walk-on speaks volumes about the balance of the 2's and 3's, NO I AM NOT KNOCKING D. DAVIS!
4. CGE needs more to work with in terms of talent - running a HIGH OCTANE offense depth is critical that produces with little to NO drop off in production

DB's - we just need more SPEED in my opinion.
LB's - see above on SPEED
DL - more BODIES for CRG can mold and provide rotational depth will little to no drop off in production

I wish there was an "ALL OF THE ABOVE" choice!! LOL

GBO

1. DB's
2. LB's
3. OL
4. DT's

This.

I put DB over LB simply because of volume. Our base defense employs 5 DBs, but only 2 LBs. Plus, getting beat on the back end is just more harmful.

OLine is 3rd because, while it wasn’t great last year, we return 4 of 5 starters. And with as much time as Cade missed, we actually return 5 starters. Plus, you have to think these guys will be improved. Crawford, Parker, Perry, and Davis all should see gains. If we can land Steen, a true LT, this group immediately becomes better than last year.

Defensive depth is gonna be the most important thing for this team.... Because of the pace of our offense, our D will be on the field a LOT especially when the offense is cooking because they hit hard and fast. my big worry is depth at DB and DL.

VN Store

Back