What is your best memory as a Vols fan?

GBOkahuna

Mine is sort of bitter sweet. I got to see my Vols play Georgia in Knoxville last year for the beating of a lifetime lol. Being a Vols fan since I could walk, I am used to seeing the dudes in orange drop a game every once in a while! It is my favorite memory as a Vols fan because I was going through a hard time from my mom passing that year and I was able to get out of town to take my mind off things and my uncle came with me who is a character. We spent most of the day before the game at the half barrel and had quite a bit to drink. We ended up out front heckling Georgia fans (politely) and greeting fellow Vols. I’ll never forget when my uncle saw two young kids walking with their parents and said “Thank your parents for taking you to the game today boys, you are going to witness history “ lmao! Sure enough they did! The worst beat down we have ever taken at home lol. I laugh about it all the time. I can’t wait to see what the future has to hold for Tennessee. Go Vols!

Mine is sort of bitter sweet. I got to see my Vols play Georgia in Knoxville last year for the beating of a lifetime lol. Being a Vols fan since I could walk, I am used to seeing the dudes in orange drop a game every once in a while! It is my favorite memory as a Vols fan because I was going through a hard time from my mom passing that year and I was able to get out of town to take my mind off things and my uncle came with me who is a character. We spent most of the day before the game at the half barrel and had quite a bit to drink. We ended up out front heckling Georgia fans (politely) and greeting fellow Vols. I’ll never forget when my uncle saw two young kids walking with their parents and said “Thank your parents for taking you to the game today boys, you are going to witness history “ lmao! Sure enough they did! The worst beat down we have ever taken at home lol. I laugh about it all the time. I can’t wait to see what the future has to hold for Tennessee. Go Vols!
My favorite memory is that when Gorgia scored and we threw the Hail Mary in 2016. I just went off and laughed at uncle Lou.

My best memory was when we played Bama at home in 1982 and beat them. Last Neyland game coached by Bear Bryant. We won 35-28 and snapped an 11-game losing streak.

I was two months preggers with Kid #1 and in the UT Concert Choir. We sang at halftime, and even though Dr. Stutzenberger was technically directing us, it was really Dr. Julian, and I for one was scared witless. I don’t remember much of the first half due to nerves, but the second half was great. Andy Cockrell, Fuad Reveiz, Willie Gault, Mike Terry, Reggie White; what a game. Some kind soul has posted the full video, including halftime, and my kids died laughing at my giant goggle glasses and floofy hair.

The fans tore down the goalposts and danced on Cumberland, but I wasn’t there. I was probably back home throwing up. lol

Attending the 85 game vs Auburn when the Tigers came to Neyland ranked #1 in the country. UT knocked Bo out of the game. He didn't want anymore! It was too physical for him! AU 20 BIG NASTY ORANGE 38

UT wasn't even ranked. They go on to beat #15 Bama at Legion Field and #2 Miami in the Sugar Bowl to post a 9-1-2 record. UT finished the season at #8 in the country! Before the Sugar Bowl, Jimmy Johnson was pleading his case for a #1 ranking after they beat us. LOL They got beat down 35-7, Ken Donahue was the best D-Coordinator we have ever had, in my opinion. I hope Pruitt takes his place as our HC!!!

BO KNOWS THE SLAP DOWN OF THE BIG ORANGE!!! =)

My SECOND FAVORITE WOULD BE UT vs VANDY only because UT finishes up season as SEC CHAMPS and I got a PIECE OF THE GOAL POST from that game!!!

Last edited:
Oh yea, I love watching uncle Lou beat his tv up. 😀😂

Reactions: VolNExile
Attending the 85 game vs Auburn when the Tigers came to Neyland ranked #1 in the country. UT knocked Bo out of the game. He didn't want anymore! It was too physical for him! AU 20 BIG NASTY ORANGE 38

BO KNOWS THE SLAP DOWN OF THE BIG ORANGE!!! =)

We kept on rolling when Tony R. broke his leg in the Bama game

1986 Sugar Bowl!!

Dude, I made one of the biggest mistakes in life my freshman year at UT. A great looking model type babe from my high school bought us tickets. I didn't go with her. I can't remember if she took someone else or not. I thought we would lose. What an IDIOT I WAS!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!! I will regret that for the rest of my life! She is now happily married with children. I have told her numerous times what an idiot I was and how I regret not going with her to the 1985 Sugar Bowl!!!
For all you young bucks out there, NEVER PASS UP AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE FUN WITH A HOT BABE!!!

Jeremy Lincoln's BUTT WAS HUGE!!! =)

Those are in my top 10 easily! The UT vs Arkansas game that went 6 OTs have to be in the top 10 too! Too bad all these greatest memories of ours are more than 10 years ago besides the UF come from behind and 2nd half beatdown and Hail Mary vs UGA in 2016!

85 game versus number #1 ranked Auburn and BO. After big Vols win, I ran onto the field with thousands of others to celebrate and got up close to Bo Jackson who was pissed and knocking down fans to get off the field and in the locker room. All I wanted was a handshake from BO as I was only about 15 yrs old at the time. LOL Great memory and great win for Vols!!!

Watched it on TV with my future wife and mother-in-law.

My brother was a senior and he went down there.
He got tossed in jail after the game.

(lol)
I can still remember all the sacks, and when Powell hit that long run.

May I ask why your brother went to jail? I was in my room at my grandmother's where I grew up. A high school friend of mine that was also attending UT was at my place watching on a 13 INCH COLOR TV, grrrr!!! As I stated, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! =(

edited, added, I remember all those sacks too. I just looked it up. Testaverde was sacked 7 times for negative 84 yards and threw 3 picks. I think Chris White, fast white boy, had one of them. Darrin Miller played in that game and put some pressure on VT. I think he probably got at least one sack. I use to go to his place on Antioch Pike in Nashville called PLAYING FIELD. They had GREAT HUGE WINGS and good prices Darrin is a great guy!!!

Most all of them, sneaking out to slide on the painted UT on the hill as a young kid during the game, who knew they wouldn't let you back in with just a ticket stub! Being there as a young teenager with my dad in 82 when we upset the commies and brought a piece of the goalposts home, not us but friends from Pulaski brought the goalposts back. The 1st and only game my daughter and I have attended when she was just a young girl vs Ga, can't remember who won, I think the pups, but doesn't matter as my daughter now has a beautiful daughter of her own, so I get to babysit my grandbaby as my baby has gone back for her Masters through a UT program offered out of Nashville making for a proud daddy. My best friend and I were at the Arkansas comeback in the rain till the end and we both smoked cigars on the 40 yard line after victory in Tempe, even had a big time watching Nebraska beat us in the Orange bowl, Peyton's last game, we got killed while the Sherriff showed his guts by playing on a knee that was swollen to the size of a cantaloupe!! Tough to rank em, I'm gonna say the next one when I can let my grandbaby sit beside me and watch the Vols run through the tee!! Nice thread!

My best memory was when we played Bama at home in 1982 and beat them. Last Neyland game coached by Bear Bryant. We won 35-28 and snapped an 11-game losing streak.

I was two months preggers with Kid #1 and in the UT Concert Choir. We sang at halftime, and even though Dr. Stutzenberger was technically directing us, it was really Dr. Julian, and I for one was scared witless. I don’t remember much of the first half due to nerves, but the second half was great. Andy Cockrell, Fuad Reveiz, Willie Gault, Mike Terry, Reggie White; what a game. Some kind soul has posted the full video, including halftime, and my kids died laughing at my giant goggle glasses and floofy hair.

The fans tore down the goalposts and danced on Cumberland, but I wasn’t there. I was probably back home throwing up. lol
Probably my greatest as well, I was 13 and with my dad! A section of those goalposts made it back to Pulaski where they cut them into 4 inch pieces and mounted them each on a plaque. We were on about the 10th row where the Bear stood by the goalposts and watched his team warm up in Neyland for the last time. Johnnie Jones ran wild that day! Great memory:)

Thats easy, being at the 86' Sugar Bowl with 1,500 Miami fans who were nowhere to be found after the game.

I am actually watching the pregame. They said they had 12,000. Does that mean UT had about 60,000? LOL =) Jim Kelly being intervied before the 86 Sugar Bowl said he may have went to UT had UT not had Jimmy Streater! WOW!!!

VN Store

Back