What is up with all the crazy Trump supporters?

And I can type the words “I am talking about a North Carolina law, including much more than voter ID, found discriminatory by several courts, for these specific reasons” all I want but you still won’t read them
Ok.... explain to me... how this is discriminatory towards blacks and not whites:
The law cut early voting days and banned same-day voter registration, eliminated straight-ticket voting, which allows voters to choose all candidates from a single party by checking one box; and introduced more restrictions on casting provisional ballots. It prohibited pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds, who previously were allowed to indicate their intent to vote when applying for a driver’s license. The law also allowed for more poll watchers and made it easier to challenge voters or their ballots.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not sure why you're underlining when you're wrong, but you're still wrong. The below is a sample, though not all of it. Like I said, they intentionally targeted specific groups and literally said so, which is why "opponents of this bill" include the federal courts.

Court: North Carolina Voter ID Law Targeted Black Voters
Are black folks not capable of planning when to go and vote? How do white people manage to do it? Are they unable to choose who they’re voting for by each position or do they require one button with a giant D on it to be safe? This whole “it’s discriminatory “ sounds more like an insult to black folks to me.....

Not sure why you're underlining when you're wrong, but you're still wrong. The below is a sample, though not all of it. Like I said, they intentionally targeted specific groups and literally said so, which is why "opponents of this bill" include the federal courts.

Court: North Carolina Voter ID Law Targeted Black Voters
From the opinion:
“Before enacting that law, the legislature requested data on the use, by race, of a number of voting practices. Upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registration in five different ways, all of which disproportionately affected African Americans.”

From the opinion:
“Before enacting that law, the legislature requested data on the use, by race, of a number of voting practices. Upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registration in five different ways, all of which disproportionately affected African Americans.”

Yup. I’ve posted that a couple times already, and they also started making these requests the day after federal oversight preventing such discrimination was effectively removed.

They also admitted to discriminating, saying that they meant to discriminate against Democrats and any discrimination against black people was accidental (even though they requested the data by race, as mentioned above).

I’ve said all of this. This law is as obviously and intentionally discriminatory as it gets, but our resident Repubs see the words “voter ID” and get defensive without reading.

Reactions: OHvol40
But they still require them nonuts....the big scary black guns and even the little .22 pocket pistols made for people somewhat tougher than you
You're the one who needs guns to feel safe tough guy. That's the irony you people never get is that you claim that anyone who wants gun reform is soft and weak but y'all are the ones who need guns because your so scared of someone getting you. I've never needed to carry a gun in my life to feel safe.

You're the one who needs guns to feel safe tough guy. That's the irony you people never get is that you claim that anyone who wants gun reform is soft and weak but y'all are the ones who need guns because your so scared of someone getting you. I've never needed to carry a gun in my life to feel safe.

It’s not a need , it’s a right . Same as voting . You don’t have to vote , it’s your choice . The right is there if we choose to use it . Isn’t America Great . 😊

It’s not a need , it’s a right . Same as voting . You don’t have to vote , it’s your choice . The right is there if we choose to use it . Isn’t America Great . 😊
That does not mean that someone who chooses not to own a gun or who wants sensible gun reform is soft and weak.

Reactions: NashVol11
That does not mean that someone who chooses not to own a gun or who wants sensible gun reform is soft and weak.

There’s that word “ sensible “ . What’s sensible to you isn’t sensible to others . I always get a kick out of non firearm owners telling everyone what is sensible and what’s not .

But you’re afraid of responsible gun owners carrying one concealed. Just admit you’re scared of guns and that loud noise they make. It’s ok miss

Number of hunters keeps going down and violent crimes keep going down but gun sales are up. Fear is the driving force. Your lesson for the day.
I’m guessing maybe all the unchecked Bull$hit that happened over the summer played a big part in that. I know how ridiculous the couple looked in St. Louis, but people are gonna be scared when “protesters” break down gates and come in to private neighborhoods. People work hard for what they have and aren’t gonna give that up without a fight.

I’m guessing maybe all the unchecked Bull$hit that happened over the summer played a big part in that. I know how ridiculous the couple looked in St. Louis, but people are gonna be scared when “protesters” break down gates and come in to private neighborhoods. People work hard for what they have and aren’t gonna give that up without a fight.
The gates were intact when the couple were pointing their weapons at the protesters while they marched to the Democrat Mayors house to demand action. Overreaction on the scared couple's part.

Reactions: NashVol11
Exactly. They are perfectly fine with placing all sorts of impediments in the way of someone's constitutional right to vote several times and even when dead or an illegal allien, but don't want anyone to touch their 2A "rights" which requires an criminal background check and State issued ID with a photo to exercise said right.
Fyp

Reactions: bnhunt
Number of hunters keeps going down and violent crimes keep going down but gun sales are up. Fear is the driving force. Your lesson for the day.

Hunters going down , violent crimes going down , liberal policies and leadership in big urban cities pushing people to insurrection , liberal and first time gun owners starting to appreciate the 2a ... Firearm sales going up . Your lesson for the year .

Yup. I’ve posted that a couple times already, and they also started making these requests the day after federal oversight preventing such discrimination was effectively removed.

They also admitted to discriminating, saying that they meant to discriminate against Democrats and any discrimination against black people was accidental (even though they requested the data by race, as mentioned above).

I’ve said all of this. This law is as obviously and intentionally discriminatory as it gets, but our resident Repubs see the words “voter ID” and get defensive without reading.

Well, limiting stadium capacity to 25% applies evenly to all sports teams, too. We should just make that permanent.
Signed,
Vanderbilt University

1600261420703.jpeg

Ok.... explain to me... how this is discriminatory towards blacks and not whites:
The law cut early voting days and banned same-day voter registration, eliminated straight-ticket voting, which allows voters to choose all candidates from a single party by checking one box; and introduced more restrictions on casting provisional ballots. It prohibited pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds, who previously were allowed to indicate their intent to vote when applying for a driver’s license. The law also allowed for more poll watchers and made it easier to challenge voters or their ballots.

1. What is the purpose behind eliminating pre-registration for teenagers?
2. What exactly does it mean to “make it easier to challenge voters or their ballots”? Sounds subjective and has huge potential for bias.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back