What is the Pitt game telling us...

I expect us to run a lot of misdirection next week. WVU ate them up on the ground. If we run the ball, the play action gets going and that Pitt D will have a long afternoon.

Run the damn ball.

Yup if WVU can put up 31 we can put up 45 no problem

Yep. Last we saw West Virginia before tonight they were only able to score 6 on a mediocre Minnesota team.

West Virginia averaged around 6 yards per carry tonight and blew the game late with a blown assignment on D and a crushing turnover.

People are calling Pitt physical and I can't figure out why. They averaged 2 yards per carry tonight and West Virginia ran it down their throats.

I think it's going to be a dog fight between their Defense and our Offense.

Reactions: CR-vol
I’m glad Pitt win so we can bear a rank opponent. It will be a test but think we open up the play book and win in the 4th
Heupel will throw the kitchen sink if need be. This we know. The aggressive play calling is refreshing. Hooker wasn’t his best tonight, but he doesn’t make many mistakes.

Very possible that this isn’t a game by half next week. WVU gifted this game to Pitt, through a combination of coaching mistakes and a receiver not being able to catch a 15 yard pass. Pitt’s d-line is very active against the pass but man they are going to have a hard time with our receivers on the back end. They nearly gave up 200 yards rushing to a mediocre offensive line and a freshman running back. Bottom line is, they are slightly better than last year, at best, but doubtful. Tennessee would have won by 2 scores last year had Milton not overthrow touchdown passes by 15 yards. Tennessee is definitely a better team this year on both sides of the ball.

I honestly don't see us winning. Pitt looked way more physical than we we did tonight and Pitt actually played a decent team. Not trying to be a negavol but I'm worried
They gave up 200 yards rushing to a horrible rushing team. They also rushed for like 2 yards a carry. There pash rush is quite literally the only thing that looked physical besides there pash rush they looked really bad

Our biggest mistake of the off season was not finding a replacement at that position.
Seriously. I mean my heavens, just about every completed pass they had was to burrells guy. Seldom remember hadden getting thrown at, except when he deflected a pass and picked one off. How in the world do we not have someone better than him?

My eyes. You’ve been bitching all night at the slightest criticism that anyone has of the team. It’s ok to be objective.
We didn’t really learn a lot from our game tonight. We were in control the whole time and we didn’t have to open up the playbook really. Defense is concerning, but mainly it is Burrell getting targeted.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
They gave up 200 yards rushing to a horrible rushing team. They also rushed for like 2 yards a carry. There pash rush is quite literally the only thing that looked physical besides there pash rush they looked really bad
We gave up 343 yards to Ball State. Pitt has a much better offense that Ball, they will avg more than 2 ypc against us guaranteed. Like I said, I'm not trying to be negative I just don't look at things through orange tinted glasses. I believe I'm justified in having worries about next week's game

We gave up 343 yards to Ball State. Pitt has a much better offense that Ball, they will avg more than 2 ypc against us guaranteed. Like I said, I'm not trying to be negative I just don't look at things through orange tinted glasses. I believe I'm justified in having worries about next week's game
I agree with worrying, it’s not a easy game. I just think saying they are so much more physical just based on tonight’s performance is incorrect

Next saturday,get first downs,play fast,get third down stops.Don't let them breathe. On defense,a couple of third down stops,back to the offense and wear the defense out by the middle of the third qtr.Then in the fourth qtr.,Fast scores,defensive stops, score again,gas their asses.Do NOT let up,keep playing fast.Make them surrender.Then, on to the Zips.

How much of that 343 was on first team?

I honestly don't see us winning. Pitt looked way more physical than we we did tonight and Pitt actually played a decent team. Not trying to be a negavol but I'm worried

Describe the physical play? Was it West Virginia running it down their throat where they were physical or their offensive line getting beat up to the tune of them averaging 2 yards per carry while giving up multiple sacks?

Keep in mind, WVA was a sub .500 team last year in a mediocre conference who got dominated by the likes of Kansas State and Minnesota last season.

Based on we have one of the best offenses in the country and Pittsburgh's D got steam rolled by a below average WV offense. 45-20 Vols next week and it won't really be that close
Steam rolled? You know they won right? Pitt allowed 50 more yards than we did against mighty Ball State.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

VN Store

Back