What is going on with Georgia fans?

What's your basis for concluding Tennessee can beat Georgia?

Because when we're on....we have the potential to out score you. Offense to offense....on equal footing, we have the potential to beat you points wise. I can't say that about too many other teams. If our defense was reasonable, and it's not, the potential is there.

If GA loses....your offense will have let you down. It's tried to do that already this year.

Because when we're on....we have the potential to out score you. Offense to offense....on equal footing, we have the potential to beat you points wise. I can't say that about too many other teams. If our defense was reasonable, and it's not, the potential is there.

If GA loses....your offense will have let you down. It's tried to do that already this year.

Of course, Tennessee's offense would never be "on" against Georgia because it's the best defense in the country.

Also, Vols secondary would never be able to slow down the Georgia offense as the roster stands right now.

Vols can't match up with the Dawgs on either side of the ball. (just fact)

Regardless, great season for CJH and the Vols, you guys were fun to watch. Now, will you be able to retain your coach? That dude is a magician.

Of course, Tennessee's offense would never be "on" against Georgia because it's the best defense in the country.

Also, Vols secondary would never be able to slow down the Georgia offense as the roster stands right now.

Regardless, great season for CJH and the Vols, you guys were fun to watch. Now, will you be able to retain your coach? That dude is a magician.

Vols are too imbalanced right now....but on a good defensive day....they'll definitely give anyone a run.

I don't see CJH going anywhere for awhile....he has too much potential right where he is. And I think he knows it. All he needs to do is address his defensive woes, and it's game on. He's dug outta this hole faster than anyone expected....and he could've done even better. That's scary......

Because many VOL fans say the outcome of our game with them was just because of playing there, crowd noise, or rain, etc.. They take that as disrespect and they don’t like being disrespected.
I say, Piss on Georgia. Respect my decision.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Nah. We don’t need another East team getting back to back program defining wins. **** em

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.
because that is what rivals do

Maybe it’s because of all the smack talk Voltwitter put out before the Georgia game? That we were gonna “hang 100” on them… and the. After the Loss blaming it on the crowd boise and saying we’d “hang 100” on them in a rematch in the playoffs, which we are no longer going to.

Reactions: Clayton
Just have fun with it. To the victor go the spoils!
How old are you folks who are complaining about opposing teams fans? Old enough to remember when UT was relevant between 1992 and 2001? I've witnessed more than my fair share of obnoxious Vols, but I don't hold that against everyone. Heck, I even married a Vol.

UGA has been ever so close many times over the years, only to suffer a heartbreaking loss like the one the Vols recently experienced vs USC. Well, maybe not a total beat down with everything on the line like the one USC handed out, but tough losses nonetheless. The 1992 team lost to UF and UT by a combined 5 pts, which began a long run of finishing 3rd to UF and UT in the East. There was a 2002 loss to Florida that was the only blemish keeping Georgia from playing for the Natty. A 2007 loss to UT kept Georgia from playing in the SECC and was the reasoning used by Herbstreit and the rest of ESPN's Big10 gameday crew to keep UGA, which finished #2 in the final poll, out of the NC conversation. The 2012 Dawgs finished 2 yards away from upsetting Alabama and playing an undermanned Notre Dame for the Natty. We all remember the heartbreak of 2017 vs Alabama. The blowout vs LSU in 2019.

One thing stands out in common for each of the above events. Fans from Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and even pitiful Georgia Tech would post memes of skeletons "Georgia fans waiting for another championship", or "The nice thing about dating a Georgia fan? She won't expect a ring." Another with a picture of a wrinkled of lady, captioned "This is Pam. She was a cheerleader at Georgia the last time they won a championship."

For 40 years Vols, Gators, Tigers, etc relished in every heartbreak for the Georgia Bulldogs, and jumped at the opportunity to pour salt on the open wound.

Then this season, after just two wins over mistake prone LSU and Bama teams, there were the UT fans all over the place already talking TRASH before the game was even played. So yeah - It's more than fair to point out that 1998 is approaching 25 years ago, and that your nearly generational QB who led you to a nearly fantastic season is now off to the NFL, and prospects for next year are looking dimmer. That's just what comes with the territory, and what opposing fans in the SEC do to one another. Just be glad you're relevant enough to tease because not many are talking smack to Vandy, MSU, or Kentucky.

Reactions: Zone4Dawg

Absolute solid facts!

Reactions: DawgBite
Just have fun with it. To the victor go the spoils!
How old are you folks who are complaining about opposing teams fans? Old enough to remember when UT was relevant between 1992 and 2001? I've witnessed more than my fair share of obnoxious Vols, but I don't hold that against everyone. Heck, I even married a Vol.

UGA has been ever so close many times over the years, only to suffer a heartbreaking loss like the one the Vols recently experienced vs USC. Well, maybe not a total beat down with everything on the line like the one USC handed out, but tough losses nonetheless. The 1992 team lost to UF and UT by a combined 5 pts, which began a long run of finishing 3rd to UF and UT in the East. There was a 2002 loss to Florida that was the only blemish keeping Georgia from playing for the Natty. A 2007 loss to UT kept Georgia from playing in the SECC and was the reasoning used by Herbstreit and the rest of ESPN's Big10 gameday crew to keep UGA, which finished #2 in the final poll, out of the NC conversation. The 2012 Dawgs finished 2 yards away from upsetting Alabama and playing an undermanned Notre Dame for the Natty. We all remember the heartbreak of 2017 vs Alabama. The blowout vs LSU in 2019.

One thing stands out in common for each of the above events. Fans from Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and even pitiful Georgia Tech would post memes of skeletons "Georgia fans waiting for another championship", or "The nice thing about dating a Georgia fan? She won't expect a ring." Another with a picture of a wrinkled of lady, captioned "This is Pam. She was a cheerleader at Georgia the last time they won a championship."

For 40 years Vols, Gators, Tigers, etc relished in every heartbreak for the Georgia Bulldogs, and jumped at the opportunity to pour salt on the open wound.

Then this season, after just two wins over mistake prone LSU and Bama teams, there were the UT fans all over the place already talking TRASH before the game was even played. So yeah - It's more than fair to point out that 1998 is approaching 25 years ago, and that your nearly generational QB who led you to a nearly fantastic season is now off to the NFL, and prospects for next year are looking dimmer. That's just what comes with the territory, and what opposing fans in the SEC do to one another. Just be glad you're relevant enough to tease because not many are talking smack to Vandy, MSU, or Kentucky.
Best post I have read all year

Retain him? Tennessee isnt a stepping stone job. Regardless what some might think. You can draw a 6hour circle from knoxville and hit every recruiting hot bed east of the Mississippi. TN has the resources to pay him anything he wants if he warrants it.

Georgia fans hate Tennessee more than any other team. Lou can't go a video without throwing shade at UT. Just watch and you will see exactly what I'm talking about
They hate Florida more than us. Go to their boards the week we play Florida. A clear majority root for us that week. They probably hate us more than anyone else though.

They hate Florida more than us. Go to their boards the week we play Florida. A clear majority root for us that week. They probably hate us more than anyone else though.

100% Florida Gators, except Lou does not properly represent Georgia faithful. He is the kind of guy who will start making videos critical of Georgia players when the worm eventually turns. He is not unlike the folks here calling for dismissing UT players for their performance against USCe. Please disregard that inbred.

I'd put Awburn slightly ahead of UT on the hate scale, just out of respect for the long running rivalry. The only reason UGA fans would dislike UT more would be because of the behavior of UT fans during the 90's.

Don't confuse that with fear.

In reality, most despise Clemson more than Tennessee.

Reactions: OrangeInMyHeart
100% Florida Gators, except Lou does not properly represent Georgia faithful. He is the kind of guy who will start making videos critical of Georgia players when the worm eventually turns. He is not unlike the folks here calling for dismissing UT players for their performance against USCe. Please disregard that inbred.

I'd put Awburn slightly ahead of UT on the hate scale, just out of respect for the long running rivalry. The only reason UGA fans would dislike UT more would be because of the behavior of UT fans during the 90's.

Don't confuse that with fear.

In reality, most despise Clemson more than Tennessee.
Well for myself and likely a majority of UGA fans, I would absolutely say we hate the Gators more. Don’t get me wrong, I became a die hard GA fan as a kid in the early 90’s, so yes I hated the Vols. I mean you guys owned us the whole decade, but FL had the Ol Ball Coach. We absolutely hated losing to Steve.

Also, I grew up in South GA where tons of FSU fans are. They were insufferable back then. As much as I didn’t like TN, I pulled hard for them against the Seminoles. And honestly, even before Tee Martin and the NC, I always liked Manning. Had Manning been a Gator I probably would have hated him and missed out on pulling for him during his amazing NFL career.

And yes, I’m not a fan of Uncle Lou. I watched him a few times last season and I think my IQ dropped a few points for it. Haven’t watched him since and don’t care to.

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.

Some fans forget and the millennials weren't around, but once we started playing them regularly in the late 80's, we owned their sorry ass.
Majors and Fulmer had won 9 straight by the time Georgia finally beat us in Athens in 2000, after which they tore their goal posts down.
Vols continued to get big wins into the 2000's even with our slow decline and their improvement under Mark Richt.
Historically, they have always been our little brother in football.
So ................. they are obsessed with Tennessee and all the pain we have dispensed to their fan base, especially in the last 30+ years.

Some fans forget and the millennials weren't around, but once we started playing them regularly in the late 80's, we owned their sorry ass.
Majors and Fulmer had won 9 straight by the time Georgia finally beat us in Athens in 2000, after which they tore their goal posts down.
Vols continued to get big wins into the 2000's even with our slow decline and their improvement under Mark Richt.
So ................. they are obsessed with Tennessee and all the pain we have dispensed to their fan base, especially in the last 30+ years.

Good one. Thats actually very amusing. The current All Time Series Record?
Georgia 28. Tennessee 23. Ties. 2.

Care to explain the above?

Georgia has THUMPED Tennessee since 2001. Georgia leads 15 - 6 this century.

Someone in another thread made the comment that Clemson's rise led to UT's downfall. Actually, the arrival of Mark Richt led to UT's down fall. That was the end of Tennessee getting the best players out of Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Those players are now consistently Dawgs.

I agree with some of what you say here. Except for the little brother comment. I don’t think there is cause to call either team “little brother” in this rivalry. I will however admit that those 9 straight TN wins early in this modern rivalry were daunting for every GA fan that remembers. As said before, I remember them well. But since then TN has won 6 times. GA has won 16 or 17? So it’s pretty even as far as historically goes.

As far as biggest rivalry goes. For me it’s FL. I want to beat them as bad as we possibly can every year. Of coarse that hating can change from year to year a bit. Historically I probably hate Auburn more than TN. But this year it was certainly TN. Only bc you guys are very dangerous with that crazy good offense. I’ll admit that offense was scary with QBHH and those great receivers. Not to mention a very good running game.

As a GA fan I was worried about TN this year bc like most of us I was thinking “what the hell, how are they this good this quick?” I knew Hooker was good, but you guys certainly caught us by surprise. So maybe that kinda explains GA fans ragging on TN a little. CJH is a good coach, and GA fans wouldn’t talk trash so much if they weren’t at least a bit worried. Obviously, some of us older guys are just getting back for the 90’s.😂. I’m looking forward to the rivalry being renewed. I like having someone else to hate other than those stinking swamp lizards!

Someone in another thread made the comment that Clemson's rise led to UT's downfall. Actually, the arrival of Mark Richt led to UT's down fall. That was the end of Tennessee getting the best players out of Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Those players are now consistently Dawgs.
Oh look, another Georgia fan"not worried about Tennessee", who has shown up on our board to convince us he's not worried 🤣. If Georgia owns us, and you guys aren't worried about us, then why all the effort to come here and tell us?

PS, Georgia sucks

Oh look, another Georgia fan"not worried about Tennessee", who has shown up on our board to convince us he's not worried 🤣. If Georgia owns us, and you guys aren't worried about us, then why all the effort to come here and tell us?

PS, Georgia sucks

Have you actually read the comments in this thread?. If so, then you can answer your own question.

Is it true Betty White was a Vol cheerleader the last time UT won anything?

Reactions: OrangeInMyHeart
Have you actually read the comments in this thread?. If so, then you can answer your own question.

Is it true Betty White was a Vol cheerleader the last time UT won anything?
I have, and I noticed a bunch of you suddenly showing up trying to convince us you don't care about Tennessee. You're crying about us talking about the past, when you done it for 41 years. Now you all think you're a dynasty 🤣🤣🤣., But you're not! Soon as you realize that, the better it'll be when you come back to reality. Tennessee had a great year, got more attention than the one hit wonders, and you guys can't stand it. You think nobody should talk about anybody but Georgia. Truth is, nobody, literally nobody, cares about Georgia except for you delusional fans. You're like that dad that went away for milk, shows up 41 years later and want to act like you were there the whole time 🤣

You are ahead of your skis abit on that series record. It's 23-27-2. 4-5 games is nothing. If I recall correctly you guys were 4 or 5 games behind Auburn for about 30 years then you flipped it. Things can change quickly in series that close.

VN Store

Back