What is going on with Georgia fans?

You are ahead of your skis abit on that series record. It's 23-27-2. 4-5 games is nothing. If I recall correctly you guys were 4 or 5 games behind Auburn for about 30 years then you flipped it. Things can change quickly in series that close.

Dadgummit, you are correct.

My view is that the programs are very nearly equals. The comment that Georgia was historically UT's little brother is factually wrong. Between 1960-1991, which represents the (rounded) 30 year period prior to the SEC Championship game and division alignment, the two programs were separated by a mere one win. UT's record 237-110-16 vs Georgia 236-110-14. How's that for parity? Auburn and LSU are also both right there with us.

Jump to the current 30 year period and somewhat surprising details arise. This period Includes 8 straight consecutive UT wins between 1992-99 in the series. Georgia wasn't terrible during that period. They just couldn't get over UF and UT, which you could argue represented the 2 greatest stretches for either school in their history. In all of CFB during this time, UF and UT won the 3rd and 4th most games, respectively, and both won their first intellectually honest* National Titles during that same period.

Now look at CFB since divisional play started, 1992-2021. Not counting this season, Georgia has the 3rd most wins in all of CFB , trailing only Ohio St and Oklahoma. UT sits at 24th over that period, which includes the only National Title UT should be legitimately claiming in its history.

Little brother? I think not.

(*Side note: The undefeated 1951 Tennessee Vols were proclaimed national champions prior to the Sugar Bowl, which they subsequently lost to the Maryland Terrapins, 28-13.

Yet Tennessee still claims an undefeated national title over an undefeated Maryland team to whom they lost???)

Dadgummit, you are correct.

My view is that the programs are very nearly equals. The comment that Georgia was historically UT's little brother is factually wrong. Between 1960-1991, which represents the (rounded) 30 year period prior to the SEC Championship game and division alignment, the two programs were separated by a mere one win. UT's record 237-110-16 vs Georgia 236-110-14. How's that for parity? Auburn and LSU are also both right there with us.

Jump to the current 30 year period and somewhat surprising details arise. This period Includes 8 straight consecutive UT wins between 1992-99 in the series. Georgia wasn't terrible during that period. They just couldn't get over UF and UT, which you could argue represented the 2 greatest stretches for either school in their history. In all of CFB during this time, UF and UT won the 3rd and 4th most games, respectively, and both won their first intellectually honest* National Titles during that same period.

Now look at CFB since divisional play started, 1992-2021. Not counting this season, Georgia has the 3rd most wins in all of CFB , trailing only Ohio St and Oklahoma. UT sits at 24th over that period, which includes the only National Title UT should be legitimately claiming in its history.

Little brother? I think not.

(*Side note: The undefeated 1951 Tennessee Vols were proclaimed national champions prior to the Sugar Bowl, which they subsequently lost to the Maryland Terrapins, 28-13.

Yet Tennessee still claims an undefeated national title over an undefeated Maryland team to whom they lost???)

Well, we have historically had the edge on you in most categories, head to head, SEC championships, national championships, overall record, etc., but you have certainly evened it up by outperforming us significantly this century so far.
The two programs are now very close in most categories.
Screenshot_20221125-091909-293.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVolette
I have, and I noticed a bunch of you suddenly showing up trying to convince us you don't care about Tennessee. You're crying about us talking about the past, when you done it for 41 years. Now you all think you're a dynasty 🤣🤣🤣., But you're not! Soon as you realize that, the better it'll be when you come back to reality. Tennessee had a great year, got more attention than the one hit wonders, and you guys can't stand it. You think nobody should talk about anybody but Georgia. Truth is, nobody, literally nobody, cares about Georgia except for you delusional fans. You're like that dad that went away for milk, shows up 41 years later and want to act like you were there the whole time 🤣[/QUOTE
Yes UGA has had 2 NCs in 41 years and UT has had 2 NCs in 55 years...so there is that. UGA only one of 3 SEC teams to go undefeated 2 in black to back years in SEC. UGA a one hit wonder? Where have you been the last 5 years? UT unfortunately was the one hit wonder this year. A good year but will take a set back next year (purely because of loss of major talent and not enough previous recruiting to replace lost talent). UGA is a close to the next Alabama as any team but it seems you are in denial which is understandable.

Well, we have historically had the edge on you in most categories, head to head, SEC championships, national championships, overall record, etc., but you have certainly evened it up by outperforming us significantly this century so far.
The two programs are now very close in most categories.
View attachment 517711

Interesting that the SEC website only credits each school with 13 SEC titles. and the accounting of national titles is quite a bit sketchy across the board. I believe, prior to divisional play, Georgia led 10-8-2 in head to head.

Lol. Georgia fans that never showed their face here until they started winning a little bit, all of a sudden sign up and Some of Our Fans expect the rest of us to say "oh so happy you're here, you'll probably whip our ass but we hope not. Good luck and best wishes".

Lol. Georgia fans that never showed their face here until they started winning a little bit, all of a sudden sign up and Some of Our Fans expect the rest of us to say "oh so happy you're here, you'll probably whip our ass but we hope not. Good luck and best wishes".
yes
and don't forget
"Classy post"

Okay, my sweet wife said I was being too mean. She said it could be possible that some of these Georgia fans are people we know, work with, go to church with, etc. So I'm gonna go out of my way, and say something nice..

Georgia sucks just a little bit less than Satan, and Georgia fans are just a tad smarter than a dead possum in the middle of the road.

Sheesh, I feel dirty even saying that 👀🥷🤣

Okay, my sweet wife said I was being too mean. She said it could be possible that some of these Georgia fans are people we know, work with, go to church with, etc. So I'm gonna go out of my way, and say something nice..

Georgia sucks just a little bit less than Satan, and Georgia fans are just a tad smarter than a dead possum in the middle of the road.

Sheesh, I feel dirty even saying that 👀🥷🤣
Aww thanks Joe! Knew you were a UGA fan at heart!

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.

All you have to do is read your post and read this thread for the answer to your question. Insufferable clueless posts that are easy to mock.

All you have to do is read your post and read this thread for the answer to your question. Insufferable clueless posts that are easy to mock.
So Tennessee fans shouldn't say anything about Georgia on a Tennessee board, so we don't hurt any troll feelings?

They are fearful of what can be done at Tennessee pure and simple.

We live in their heads 24/7 rent free.

I literally post the same thing on every dm on Twitter when they show up. It will have absolutely nothing to do with them and yet they have to comment. If it were the other way around, I wouldn’t give 2 flips what Jawja had to say. You’re right. Rent free.

I don’t think they’re scared? It seems like they’re enjoying their time on the top. We need to knock them off of it. Don’t delude yourself into thinking they’re scared of a team they’ve beat 6 years in a row.

Reactions: Grouse Stalker
I don’t think they’re scared? It seems like they’re enjoying their time on the top. We need to knock them off of it. Don’t delude yourself into thinking they’re scared of a team they’ve beat 6 years in a row.
You don't think they're worried about what Heupel has done in two years? In year two, we were more talked about than the undefeated defending champs. They see what's coming, and can't stand us getting attention. No other reason for them being here with every post about how great they are. Nobody cares about them, at all. One was here crying how they're the closest thing to what Alabama has been, with one title 🤣🤣. LSU has more of a dynasty recently, Clemson has more of a dynasty. They're on our board crying because they're not getting attention, and they know soon they'll be an afterthought.

You don't think they're worried about what Heupel has done in two years? In year two, we were more talked about than the undefeated defending champs. They see what's coming, and can't stand us getting attention. No other reason for them being here with every post about how great they are. Nobody cares about them, at all. One was here crying how they're the closest thing to what Alabama has been, with one title 🤣🤣. LSU has more of a dynasty recently, Clemson has more of a dynasty. They're on our board crying because they're not getting attention, and they know soon they'll be an afterthought.
I know several Georgia fans and yes they were worried about us before the game against them a few weeks ago. They’re not as concerned now and we need to change that.

I know several Georgia fans and yes they were worried about us before the game against them a few weeks ago. They’re not as concerned now and we need to change that.
I sincerely think they are still concerned, about the future. Why they signing up for Volnation, and constantly posting how they're not worried, if they're not worried? They're not even bragging about winning that game, it's a constant cry about them being the best thing ever

I sincerely think they are still concerned, about the future. Why they signing up for Volnation, and constantly posting how they're not worried, if they're not worried? They're not even bragging about winning that game, it's a constant cry about them being the best thing ever
Well I want to see them actually lose. Clearly not happening today but maybe LSU can pull it off.

Reactions: joevol33
I agree with some of what you say here. Except for the little brother comment. I don’t think there is cause to call either team “little brother” in this rivalry. I will however admit that those 9 straight TN wins early in this modern rivalry were daunting for every GA fan that remembers. As said before, I remember them well. But since then TN has won 6 times. GA has won 16 or 17? So it’s pretty even as far as historically goes.

As far as biggest rivalry goes. For me it’s FL. I want to beat them as bad as we possibly can every year. Of coarse that hating can change from year to year a bit. Historically I probably hate Auburn more than TN. But this year it was certainly TN. Only bc you guys are very dangerous with that crazy good offense. I’ll admit that offense was scary with QBHH and those great receivers. Not to mention a very good running game.

People don't understand the word "historically."

I am referring to college football at least as far back as the 30's when national rankings started to be important, not the last 20 or even 30 years.
Tennessee is big brother to those other successful programs in the SEC (GA, LSU, AUB, FLA) in terms of all-time wins, all-time win %, bowl games, SEC titles, national titles.
I hate the fact that we all have to look at Alabama as the big brother of the conference, but Tennessee has always been 2nd to them all-time in the SEC.

VN Store

Back