What is going on with Georgia fans?

Well, let's see. I am not having this conversation on a Georgia board because while I see it as totally a waste of time to ever visit such boards, you see it necessary to come over here and try and tell us how great you are. That seems a bit......insecure?

Just sayin'
I engage on football talk here for the same reasons I engage in football talk with friends and co-workers: I enjoy it. I haven't tried to convince you of anything and I never said UGA was great.

I engage on football talk here for the same reasons I engage in football talk with friends and co-workers: I enjoy it. I haven't tried to convince you of anything and I never said UGA was great.

I will say that as uga fans go, you and BamaDawg are more tolerable than most.

To the OPs point it’s only online where these betas have all this big mouth energy. The internet especially social media and message boards give people anonymity to speak without consequences.

I live in GA and UGA fans don’t just walk up to strangers and start barking or yelling your team is trash. It’s only online.

ROTFLMMFAO

I have never seen a better piece of evidence of just how much uga fans CRAVE affirmation.

Dude, 'admitting what Kirby has done for georgia'??? Seriously? I don't care. Seriously. And it puzzles me why you care whether we admit anything or not.

And the second bolded sentence is just pure gold. I knew this frustrates you, and shows just how much you troll for affirmation and validation. And some of the fans in here seem anxious to give it to you. Most of us don't give a rat's patootie if uga fans 'attack' CJH or not. I honestly could not possibly care less what uga fans feel about anything football related, let along what they think of Heupel. Hate him, love him, ridicule him.....I just don't care. And for some reason that frustrates the heck out of uga fans.

If Tennessee had won the NC last season, the LAST place I would be posting is a uga board demanding respect for Heupel. I'd be here, just enjoying the heck out of the run. Why aren't you on 'Dawg(Insert Noun Here)' just basically whooping it up with fellow uga fans?? The fact we have an uga infestation here is telling.

Finally, I am sure uga fans are good people, work hard, take care of your families, love your momma, etc. But as football fans, y'all are hillarious.
I wonder if Clayton is for Clayton Georgia, that would explain so much 🤣

If you read the “With Vols now out of playoffs, I have a new rooting interest” thread, it’s immediately obvious we have a reciprocal fixation with Georgia. We are more interested in Georgia not winning than who actually wins the CFP. LOL!

If you read the “With Vols now out of playoffs, I have a new rooting interest” thread, it’s immediately obvious we have a reciprocal fixation with Georgia. We are more interested in Georgia not winning than who actually wins the CFP. LOL!
Not everyone still. Many people here last year pulled for Georgia, despite me trying to tell them they already think they're a dynasty. Now after one measly title, they see them acting like they've been Alabama, and most want them to lose🤣

ROTFLMMFAO

I have never seen a better piece of evidence of just how much uga fans CRAVE affirmation.

Dude, 'admitting what Kirby has done for georgia'??? Seriously? I don't care. Seriously. And it puzzles me why you care whether we admit anything or not.

And the second bolded sentence is just pure gold. I knew this frustrates you, and shows just how much you troll for affirmation and validation. And some of the fans in here seem anxious to give it to you. Most of us don't give a rat's patootie if uga fans 'attack' CJH or not. I honestly could not possibly care less what uga fans feel about anything football related, let along what they think of Heupel. Hate him, love him, ridicule him.....I just don't care. And for some reason that frustrates the heck out of uga fans.

If Tennessee had won the NC last season, the LAST place I would be posting is a uga board demanding respect for Heupel. I'd be here, just enjoying the heck out of the run. Why aren't you on 'Dawg(Insert Noun Here)' just basically whooping it up with fellow uga fans?? The fact we have an uga infestation here is telling.

Finally, I am sure uga fans are good people, work hard, take care of your families, love your momma, etc. But as football fans, y'all are hillarious.

For the 10,000th time, it was Vol fans that invaded our boards, Twitter pages, etc. leading up to the game.

Reactions: Clayton and PADAWG
For the 10,000th time, it was Vol fans that invaded our boards, Twitter pages, etc. leading up to the game.

Yet, the game is long over, and you're still here. And uga fans are here year-round. You never leave.

Still upset we aren't giving Flobee McSupercuts enough love??

LMAO

Do you work really hard to put a negative spin on UGA is entertaining but that's all it is because it's not based on reality. Kirby Smart has the fourth highest winning percentage of active coaches. He has won five out of the six bowl games he has been to. He lost five games his first year as a coach and after that has never lost more than three and only did that once. He is either lost once or twice per year. And that's where you know you've turned the corner is win every year you expect to win at all just like Alabama does. Anything short of a championship is a disappointment for Alabama fans and it has also become that way for Georgia fans now. They start every season with a realistic expectation to enter the college football playoffs and to compete for the national championship. What about that do you not understand? Kirby has created a higher standard at Georgia just like Nick Saban did at Alabama. UGA fans are happy to win games but now they're at the point with Kirby Smart that they want to be in the college playoffs every year and compete for the national championship and that doesn't happen there is disappointment. You are excited to have a potential 10 win or more season for the first time in almost 20 years and you should be excited for that. Georgia is used the 10 win seasons over the last 20 years or more but since Kirby Smart took over 10 wins is not enough as they expect to compete for national championship just like Alabama does. You may want to ignore it but all the national sports networks and reporters have pointed it out repeatedly last year and this year in that Georgia has become on equal ground with Alabama. And you were right about the fact that only one team to win a national championship each year and all the others that were close their season will come crashing down and disappointment but the difference is for some teams like Alabama (most years) and UGA for instance Ken really saying we'll get them next year and potentially do it. They're not having one off years is the point. To your last point how many UT fans would be happy with a coach that could produce 10 win average seasons as well as compete for a national title in two the last four years and maybe another this year.
So do you clean Kirby’s shoes also…🤪

And we're just going to believe you, a Georgia fan on a Tennessee board? I can say anything, doesn't make it true. Go look at anything Tennessee on social media for this entire season, and it's constantly Georgia fans butthurt because Tennessee was getting attention. Where are all these Tennessee fans on your boards? Georgia is my number one hated team, even before your one hit wonder last year. I've never been on a Georgia board, don't have Twitter, and only engage the ones on Facebook who are on Tennessee sites. Just like here. Tell us who they are, call them out, dox them. If it was as bad as you're crying about, surely you can provide hundreds of examples?

IMO, TN is one of the few teams that can actually beat them. Granted the defense can't be playing like they just did....but it does have the potential to beat GA.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I wonder if Clayton is for Clayton Georgia, that would explain so much 🤣
I admire accomplishments. I'll be the first to say that I think Nick Saban is the greatest college coach of all time. Everyone can hate on them as much as they want but if you actually listen to what he says and even read his books you'll see just how brilliant he is. I Also love discipline and that's what Nick preaches. He is a winner no matter how much other people want to hate that. He has built quite the machine at Alabama. Now with that said I can also admire what his most trusted assistant coach has done with the University of Georgia. Kirby has brought that same degree of discipline and accountability to Georgia that Saban instilled at Alabama. The university is Georgia is as close to the next Alabama as anyone could be right now. Now to be quite honest I was also a big Spurrier when he was at Florida even though I hated Florida. He literally changed the game and he knew how to win. So even though some of these coaches may coach team that are bitter rivals I can still admire what they do even though I may hate their team. No matter what the team sometimes we should give credit where credit is due.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
When you are #1...the only way out is down....and they will go down. Could also be all the politics going on in GA....the curse of a "toss up" state. Or the Braves not making the World Series. Plenty to make GA fans unhappy.

When you are #1...the only way out is down....and they will go down. Could also be all the politics going on in GA....the curse of a "toss up" state. Or the Braves not making the World Series. Plenty to make GA fans unhappy.
Of course UGA will go down just like Alabama does not win the national championship every year but in most years they are competing for one. That's really the success that teams like UGA and Alabama are looking for and that is the simply be in the conversation year in and year out and have a team that could potentially be in the playoffs every year and win a national championship. Not even the most diehard UGA fan or Alabama fan will say they can win the national championship every single year. But every year Alabama enters the year knowing that they for the most part will be in the conversation at the end of the year and that's what every team should want or aspire to and that includes the university of Tennessee. Imagine if you had this year almost every year but only better without the loss to UGA or South Carolina and knowing you were gonna be in the playoffs. You would be extremely happy as a fan if that occurred every year or even every other year. Just being in the mix brings excitement

UGA fans seem to have such a victim/persecution complex and a very obvious obsession with Tennessee.

"OH NOES SOME PEOPLE CAME ON OUR BOARD AND TALKED TRASH" - like that doesn't happen to every other board, this one included.

"OH NOES SOME GUYS ONLINE SAID SOMETHING I DIDN'T LIKE" - complaining about a form of media whose entire existence is based around generating controversy for pageviews/exposure is the dumbest thing ever.

"I DIDN'T LIKE THAT YOU SUCKED FOR MOST OF MY UGA FANDOM AND DON'T THINK YOU DESERVE TO BE CONFIDENT/ARROGANT" - this is getting to the root of it. It's why ND and GT can flip our fans off without recourse in baseball but when we do it, we're just 'new money trash'.

I haven't really had many problems with UGA fans in person and I've gone to 2 games @Sanford and quite a few @neyland. But I swear this new wave of UGA fans are the whiniest and thinnest skin group I've ever come across and I lived in Alabama for a spell.

I have a suggestion - stay the hell off of stupid social media sites and comment sections where you have to engage trash talking idiots. Otherwise, you're getting what you're asking for.
Exactly. “I stepped into a sh@tstorm and got dirty”. Who could’ve guessed!

Reactions: sami
Exactly. “I stepped into a sh@tstorm and got dirty”. Who could’ve guessed!

The whole trash talking thing is ridiculous. And going on other teams' forums to talk trash has to be the epitome of pathetic - what's the point, anyway?

Reactions: VAVol85
We said the same thing about Butch and Pruitt wait a tic Butch actually beat Georgia twice

Butch was never considered a great playcaller while he was here. Maybe a great recruiter for a year or two, and maybe even a good motivator, but his RPO system he heavily leaned upon was never really that good. The fanbase with Butch and Pruitt were happy just to be bowl eligible in year 2. Huepel had a #1 rated team, beat Bama, and had us in the CFP conversation until last week in year 2. There is no comparison. Not even close.

Plus, Georgia wasn't good during those Butch years. So if we did think we would overtake the East that wasn't saying much.

nobody is scared
Really?! You cant be serious. Have you listened to other coaches rave about our #1/#2 offense in the country? They know where Pruitt left the program when he left. They know we are just beginning to recruit and NIL favors a program like ours with a large fanbases.

Reactions: mayneland
Really?! You cant be serious. Have you listened to other coaches rave about our #1/#2 offense in the country? They know where Pruitt left the program when he left. They know we are just beginning to recruit and NIL favors a program like ours with a large fanbases.
You have to be delusional to think anyone is actually scared. Did South Carolina look scared to you last Saturday? Do you think Alabama is scared of you? Do you think Georgia is scared of you? What in the world would make you think anyone is scared of you. Alabama once again has the number one recruiting class in the country and believe me they are not scared of anyone. What you're finding out is that just having a good old fence is not adequate enough to win championships. You have to have a good offense and defense year in and year out like Alabama and Georgia to compete year in and year out. Tennessee is much improved but part of that improvement this year coincided with the rest of the SEC being down. Unfortunately, with the loss of hooker and your best wide receivers next year is going to be a lot more difficult to repeat what you did this year. That's just being honest and looking at the talent that you are losing. Now the difference in recruiting over the last several years is what will separate teams like Alabama and Georgia from teams like Tennessee presently. Alabama and Georgia literally fill in four and five stars with other four and five stars because they have had top three recruiting classes every year. Unfortunately Tennessee does not have that reserve next year.

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.
Because the were afraid we would beat them this year and are afraid we will be back and beat them next year in Knoxville as well many times in the future.

You have to be delusional to think anyone is actually scared. Did South Carolina look scared to you last Saturday? Do you think Alabama is scared of you? Do you think Georgia is scared of you? What in the world would make you think anyone is scared of you. Alabama once again has the number one recruiting class in the country and believe me they are not scared of anyone. What you're finding out is that just having a good old fence is not adequate enough to win championships. You have to have a good offense and defense year in and year out like Alabama and Georgia to compete year in and year out. Tennessee is much improved but part of that improvement this year coincided with the rest of the SEC being down. Unfortunately, with the loss of hooker and your best wide receivers next year is going to be a lot more difficult to repeat what you did this year. That's just being honest and looking at the talent that you are losing. Now the difference in recruiting over the last several years is what will separate teams like Alabama and Georgia from teams like Tennessee presently. Alabama and Georgia literally fill in four and five stars with other four and five stars because they have had top three recruiting classes every year. Unfortunately Tennessee does not have that reserve next year.

Couldn’t the same be said about UGA? UGAs rise to the top coincided with Auburn, TN, and Florida being dumpster fires over the past few years, some longer than others.

I am not denying that UGA is good both on the field and recruiting, but it’s not like you have been playing a murders row of a schedule.

The reason TN the as rankings 1 in the initial CFP wasn’t cause the media was disrespecting UGA it was because you had played and beaten one team of any caliber (Oregon) from a conference that UGA fans say is weak yet hold onto that win and the TN win yet still say both teams are trash.

UGA should want Aub, TN, and Florida to be at least decent and ranked as high as possible, it boosts your resume when you get the win.

Your 2023 is weak as hell right now since the SEC made you drop OK. Unless Auburn makes a fast turnaround and Napier makes the second year step, you will have a Clemson/ Ohio ST schedule until week 10 when you close with ole miss (if Kiffin doesn’t leave) and then TN (if Heupel can maintain).

Believe what you want about SOS, it will defiantly matter if there are a bunch of unseated teams when the CFP rankings come out in 2023.

Couldn’t the same be said about UGA? UGAs rise to the top coincided with Auburn, TN, and Florida being dumpster fires over the past few years, some longer than others.

I am not denying that UGA is good both on the field and recruiting, but it’s not like you have been playing a murders row of a schedule.

The reason TN the as rankings 1 in the initial CFP wasn’t cause the media was disrespecting UGA it was because you had played and beaten one team of any caliber (Oregon) from a conference that UGA fans say is weak yet hold onto that win and the TN win yet still say both teams are trash.

UGA should want Aub, TN, and Florida to be at least decent and ranked as high as possible, it boosts your resume when you get the win.

Your 2023 is weak as hell right now since the SEC made you drop OK. Unless Auburn makes a fast turnaround and Napier makes the second year step, you will have a Clemson/ Ohio ST schedule until week 10 when you close with ole miss (if Kiffin doesn’t leave) and then TN (if Heupel can maintain).

Believe what you want about SOS, it will defiantly matter if there are a bunch of unseated teams when the CFP rankings come out in 2023.
Points are well taken but you win the games that are put on your plate. Georgia has lost a regular season game in two years. They've been to the playoffs now if we count this year three out of the last four years. They played in the national championship twice and of course winning at once and we will see what this year brings. My point being is that they had to get through their SEC schedule and then they had to win some games in the playoffs against some very good opponents. And speaking of nonconference games they did open with Notre Dame couple years back as well as with Clemson and then this year with Oregon. It's not like they tried to dodge anybody. But your points are well taken but what you found out last weekend against South Carolina is just going undefeated in the SEC is quite the accomplishment.

Reactions: SLODAWG

VN Store

Back