What is Florida talking about?...

Manufactured?

“Yeah, Da’Rick Rogers, there was a lot of bickering going on back and forth, but that’s just the game,” Elam said. “He was saying, you know, he's bigger than all us, so ‘You too small,’ and things like that. I kept telling him ‘You gonna get hit. You gonna get hit.' I was just trying to hit him, that’s all.”

If you didn't watch the game and only read that article, you'd think the Florida secondary played flawlessly.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
Let him talk. He has to come defend both of those receivers next year, not just one. Might need to blow that up into some posters and hang it on Tennessee's lockers for next years game.

Reactions: 1 person
Elam had a pick that sailed right into his arms. But he didn't stop Da'Rick.

BTW, **** ESPN and that manufactured bull****. They were running those dickhead articles before the game. Matt Elam should try laying a hit on Chris Lowe.

Reactions: 2 people
Elam tried to hit Rogers a few times and he looked like a little *****. That one in the endzone didn't even faze Da'Rick

Reactions: 2 people
Ok, so Hunter goes out on his first catch without anyone touching him.

The DBs get called for nearly a record number of pass interference calls.

Tyler Bray is able to pass to 8 different receivers during the game, despite losing his number 1 receiver.

We have no running game so there was no doubt we would be passing.

The interception at the start of the 2nd half was a good play by a DB. Bray thought he had it high enough but the guy made a good play. One of only a few by their DBs.

Yeah, we made a lot of mistakes and let a bunch of plays get away from us, but it was really a guy named Rainey who won the game for the gators, their DBs did not "take care of that situation" and if they think so, they are deluding themselves. Once they meet a team that has both a running and a passing game, they'll get blown away.

Reactions: 6 people
The only pass defense they played was to blatantly interfere any chance they got. As for Elam's pick? Most of us could have picked that off. It was thrown right at him. We lost that game and were terribly outplayed, but not because of Florida's secondary.

manufactured or not, victor goes the spoils. in this case, getting the last word
-----------------
Um, no.
The rest of the sec gets the last laugh on the gators, now that the vols -- a man short-- exposed the uf d- backs.

Okay, here's what you get when you suck as a DB. I used to play that position and if you truly cant cover the person, you do everything to keep the ball out of the wide receivers hands i.e. pass int. That's why they got called so much...they suck! They had to do something or they would have gotten burned all day long! nuff said!

Ok, so Hunter goes out on his first catch without anyone touching him.

The DBs get called for nearly a record number of pass interference calls.

Tyler Bray is able to pass to 8 different receivers during the game, despite losing his number 1 receiver.

We have no running game so there was no doubt we would be passing.

The interception at the start of the 2nd half was a good play by a DB. Bray thought he had it high enough but the guy made a good play. One of only a few by their DBs.

Yeah, we made a lot of mistakes and let a bunch of plays get away from us, but it was really a guy named Rainey who won the game for the gators, their DBs did not "take care of that situation" and if they think so, they are deluding themselves. Once they meet a team that has both a running and a passing game, they'll get blown away.

That interception to start the second half was by a LB, not a DB. Their DB's can't catch or hit.

Wow, it's just pathetic that FL has to make up stuff just to get their team motivated. It'll come back to bite them in the :moon2: one day soon.

I liked when Elam tried to hit Da'Rick in the endzone. Was funny.

Did Da'Rick or Hunter say what was on the poster?

I liked when Elam tried to hit Da'Rick in the endzone. Was funny.

Did Da'Rick or Hunter say what was on the poster?

No, it was a ploy by FL coaches to get their DBs fired up. The only actual talk during the week was b/t Rodgers and Elam. Elam got on twitter and said something to the effect of "wow, TN WR are talking trash" and then something about how they weren't going to be playing a Montana or Cincy this weekend. Rodgers responded to the second part by taking what Elam said and adding "says a scared DB".

Really was too bad/frustrating how the game played out. FL is not 10 points better than us. Our youth on D showed several times and FL took advantage(hurts now, will eventually be a good thing). Our offense struggled b/c our number 1 threat went down, and we couldn't run the ball(RBs don't hit the hole they get to the hole and stop and try to jump to another gap, hate to say it but watch Rainey, he gets the ball and hits the hole before trying to juke), and they have a really good DL that was getting pressure pretty consistently. A blind monkey could have called defensive plays at that point. Double Rodgers and make an unproven freshman WR and a TE beat you all while the qb has hands in his face. Hard to do, but much kudos to the team for fighting back

Last edited:
our DB's weren't that great in 07 either their young but this exp will make them better and if the change is anything like 07 to 08 that would be awesome :)

our DB's weren't that great in 07 either their young but this exp will make them better and if the change is anything like 07 to 08 that would be awesome :)

Playing the young guys is normally never a bad thing. You just hope it's during blow outs like we had in weeks 1 and 2. You have to expect some lumps playing them as much as we are, but they will definitely learn quicker...just hope the lumps are kept at a minimum(and that they don't turn into 83yrd td's from a 2yd pass).

Elam is a joke and he know deep down in places he doesn't like to talk about that Hunter burns him 98% of the time.

Manufactured?

Elam said he was upset with the chatter the coaches said the Vols directed to the Gators' secondary last week.

“Coach was in our ear all week saying, 'They talking trash, they are not coming into our house and talking trash,'" Elam said.
It was manufactured by this magnificent chucklehead:

will-muschamp.jpg

Read comprehension is fun! A lot of words though! I bolded the parts that I felt might help you understand. Your DBs also sucked. Rogers beat coverage at least 6 times while being double covered all game. If Hunter (or Hunger? You Florida guys are so poignantly accurate!) was in and Rogers was single covered? Well, have fun with that one. You have your times of rational clarity.

This isn't one.

I suggest standing down.

VN Store

Back