What happened to Jimmy Clausen?

Mark my words people, he isnt going to win ONE national championship. Remember, all the other ND quarterbacks were the "second coming." I think he is good in the sense of being able to read defenses already.

he was already touted as the best Californian QB since John Elway... BEFORE he committed to Notre Dame.

I don't know about you, but I am going to be realistic: Notre Dame's coach + their 2 current recruiting classes is going to make the Irish a national title contender for years to come. we can only deny it so much, dawson, before you have to come to terms and say, "yeah, notre dame is going to be good again." hard as it is to say that, let's not deceive ourselves...

Weiss is proving to be a very good recruiter and JC is going to be awesome. He's the lynchpin of their football future. If he comes in as a freshman and has some success, look out for ND.

If ND wins their first game against "Directional State A&M Tech Community College" then you and I all know that ESPN will say National Championship. It happens with them every year. Their talent at ND is no better than ours.

actually... the computers are ranking the irish higher than the human polls are.

as far as media hype and television spots... yeah ND gets insanely over-hype.

as far as human pollsters go, there seems to be a media-backlash bias since the irish are always ranked lower in human polls than in computer polls. does that mean the humans are wrong? no. were people wrong at the beginning of this year to peg them at #1? obviously. but, to the pollsters defense, notre dame sat at #12 after the michigan loss all season (and only moved up 1 spot to #11 after rolling off 6 consecutive wins, while getting passed up by idle teams such as CAL and UF -- remember the hamburgers quote?) and only moved up due to others ahead of them losing.

VN Store

Back