What Former Volunteer Basketball Player Would You Add To This Roster For A Deep Tournament Run?

Obvious answer is King. However, I'd love to see Jordan McRae on this team. We need somebody that can attack the rim and get easy buckets and draw fouls. Plus his length on D would be a bonus.

Reactions: Volfan1000
King and Houston; those two take away a lot of wrongs. Put those two on the floor at the same time and we could win it all. We need scorers that can take over a game. Both could take over games and carry a team when no one else could score. They also could mask not having a great point guard. No question on who I’d want on my team.

Anyone that says they’d choose someone other than a guy that averaged 25 points and 14 boards a game for his career need to re-examine their knowledge of TN basketball history and the sport as a whole. It’s that simple.

Anyone that says they’d choose someone other than a guy that averaged 25 points and 14 boards a game for his career need to re-examine their knowledge of TN basketball history and the sport as a whole. It’s that simple.

And, we would not have lost to Kentucky twice this year

I love King, and he’s the best to ever play at UT, but Ellis would be dynamic today with the 3 point line…..

Has no one mentioned Lofton? I mean not my pick but i figured id see his bane at keast 5 times on page 1. I agree with the PG picks though. Maze, Watson, Chandler and Bone either one would make a huge difference also the wild Card is Allan Houston. We habe a logjam at wing 2/3 but he would fill the single biggest weakness on this team, unstoppable scoring. With him Vescovi would get plenty of open looks. King I dont think would help as much as some think without a PG hed be a 3/4 in this system also he was a terrible 3 point shooter though the 3 pointer was introduced to the NBA in 79..they didn't have it when he was in college. His career average was 17% and he only shot over 28.8% once...most centers shoot well over 25% these days. For me its Kennedy Chandler, Allan Houston or my best choice ZZ.

Steve Hamer
Allan Houston
Ernie Grunfeld
Bernard King

These would be my choices,

How about you?
Anyone before 1985 would be terrible strictly because those guys dont shoot 3s it didnt exist. Most pre 90s players games just would not translate over. Its not that todays players are better perse its that they grew up shooting threes and having a shot-clock

Give me Chris Lofton on this team with the defense we play and we could win a championship. He would average at least 25ppg in today’s game.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back