What Former Volunteer Basketball Player Would You Add To This Roster For A Deep Tournament Run?

I know the question asked for one, but I would add two: Kennedy Chandler and Bernard King. They would address almost every issue this team currently has.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Allan Houston... One of the great shooters and a solid overall game... Was an average defender so Barnes would prolly not play him much

Reactions: Pennheel
Bernard King or Dale Ellis. While there are other former great players such as Lofton and Houston, it’s not even close between these players and Ellis and King. Ellis would be impossible to guard in todays game because he could shoot the 3 or take you down low.

On this particular team I'm going with a PG, so either Chandler or CJ Watson. Maybe Dale Ellis as he could certainly score in bunches.
I think there are two position where we need help. I would love to have Chandler at the point and Borewinkle at the 5

It’s Chris Lofton…and it’s not even close. Tennessee needs a 3 threat that can take over the game to advance in the tournament. That offensive output would cover up defensive inconsistencies and take pressure off JJJ and SV. Tennessee has not had that threat from beyond the arc since Chris Lofton.

I'm going to give you all a curveball and this guy elevated his game big time under Barnes.

Kevin Punter

Wayne Chism or Ron Slay, Haislip or Victor! This team needs ALPHA Posts!!!
Ron Slay is one of my all time favorite Vols! He mastered the art of trash talking and living rent free in your mind all night. If we had anyone like Marcus, Isaiah, Ron, Wayne, Grant, CJ in the post we would be nasty. Everybody would be on a Slay ride to the final 4 baby!! For guards give me Tony Harris or Bone at Point, Lofton at 2, some alpha combo guard like Tony White or a Jajuan Smith type and let’s go. I tried to refrain from Ernie, Bernie, Houston, etc as those are low hanging fruit but had to add Lofton bc of todays game and how pure he was.

Reactions: nalliszing
Tony White for me. Given our PG issues, he'd be the guy I'd peg.

Reactions: rgvol

VN Store

Back