What does Tyndall need to say at the presser?

I love Bruce...but "Legendary" is not a term I would use for a guy who got us to one Elite 8, and got us the #1 ranking for two whole days before we lost it.

Great coach, but "legendary" is a class that only a few deserve to be in.

When is the last time we were ranked #1 for "two hole days"?

He needs first to get with CBJ about how to address every concern of the fanbase in one paragraph.

The major 5 questions will be...

1. What will be you first move as the new head coach?

2. Why do you think you deserve the UT Head coaching job?

3. Do the fans scare you?

4. Can you recruit?

5. How will you recruit?

#3 = White. :question:

"I will try my best, every game, to rip the refs a new arshole!" :rock::rock::rock:

So, basically, "If I underachieve greatly, please don't criticize me, especially don't compare me to a legendary coach from your school. Or I may get my feelings hurt and go somewhere else."

So, Cuonzo 2.0

For starters, if you're considering Bruce Pearl a legendary coach, your standards are extremely low. He got one game deeper in the NCAA tourney than Martin did, and technically, since they both won 3 games in the tourney, they were the same. Trouble is, Martin did it in 3 years, Bruce had twice as many chances. Oh, and Martin didn't lie or cheat. If you psychos had been more patient, Martin could have done great things at UT.

I am Donnie Tyndall not Bruce Pearl, any questions ........

Maybe when Pearl gets canned after 5 or 6 mediocre seasons at Auburn, the Pearl-lovers will finally let go of him. For many, it took Lane Kiffin falling flat on his face at USC for them to finally realize he wasn't all that either.

For starters, if you're considering Bruce Pearl a legendary coach, your standards are extremely low. He got one game deeper in the NCAA tourney than Martin did, and technically, since they both won 3 games in the tourney, they were the same. Trouble is, Martin did it in 3 years, Bruce had twice as many chances. Oh, and Martin didn't lie or cheat. If you psychos had been more patient, Martin could have done great things at UT.

Haha! This post is great. You start by accusing someone of having extremely low standards and then proceed to say that making it to the Elite 8, and winning a play-in game to get to the Sweet 16 are essentially the same thing. And then end with blaming the fans for not having low enough standards that they wouldn't criticize a coach who was on his way to his 3rd straight NIT.

Oh, volnation, always good for a laugh.

I want him to say that he wants to be here. That this is a destination job for him. His dream job. I want him to say he will bring an exciting brand of basketball to UT. I want him to say we will win big and often. I want him to say that he IGNORES VolNation. That's all I want. Too much?:rock:

This, plus: I and my staff will outwork any other staff in the nation. I would like to stay and chat, but...just a moment, got a phone call.......Sorry, gotta go. 'Cruitin waits for no man. Bubye.:gone:

Bruce is legendary here because of his interactions with the fan base along with his winning. Him saying we were going to kick Florida's ass in front of the fans outside TBA, then doing it. Him standing on the tables and giving speeches to the students that made them love him. Him painting his chest Orange for Pat and her paying it back with the cheerleader routine. He's legendary because he did those things and he won, more than anyone else ever has here. Those things are why fans loved him and most will always appreciate him.

And sorry, Martin winning a play-in game to get three tourney wins isn't technically the same as getting to the elite 8.

Reactions: 2 people
You don't think that a more talented roster can cover up more mistakes of game play and coaching than an untalented roster?

Sure I do just didn't realize that's what inequities meant? I don't think CDT will have a problem game planning against most other SEC coaches.

What I hope he doesn't say is "mumble mumble shoot better, mumble mumble play defense."

"shooters got to make shots" mumble, mumble

"shooters got to score the ball" mumble, mumble

"shooters got to score the basketball mumble, mumble

Here's something he said at his presser for USM:

"My mom and dad, my girlfriend Nikki, and I have two little girls back home."

I saw that too, and apparently, he still has a wife? (or maybe not any more; not sure of the dates on that) Things you find out when you google...

Anyway, if the guy can handle a wife, a GF, and two daughters, SEC basketball should be a breeze. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back