What does it take?

Did you really expect to win this game? No one has figured out how to beat this GA team with more talent than us. GA left their starters on the field and we still scored more points than anyone else all season. And fought at the end to do so. It became a battle at the end. GA was trying to keep the streak alive and we were trying to break it. We fought and we won that battle and did what no one else has been able to do. This team has shown more pride this season and has fought to the end of games more than any of our teams for the last 10 years.
He did. He was one of a handful of guys on here this week who were not living anywhere close to reality. I'm proud of the team and the coaches for their fight. UGA is really good. You'd have to be an idiot not to see that this team is in much better hands down now than it was a year ago, and our team mentally and from a competitive standpoint is in a much, much better place.

Last edited:
What were you expecting, OP, an upset win with an o-line that literally had a kid from Sullivan East playing on it about 3 weeks ago and a defense that has about as much depth as a high school squad? We have the starting talent to compete, but if you know anything about the SEC, it doesn’t matter how good the starting talent is, it’s what’s sitting on the bench to sub in that counts. We aren’t there yet. This isn’t Disney where you can have some amazing halftime speech and come out to a 30 second montage of 80s music and win the game. Pride means nothing if you don’t have the depth.

Why? Played like absolute dog ****.

No.....we played like absolute dog ****.

You played a superior opponent and lost. They may be the eventual national champion.

Tennessee has gotten better throughout the year and is looking at a 7-5 record. It would be 8-4 if the Florida game were in November.

If you honestly don't think things are better now than a year ago, I don't know what to tell you. And that's with the NCAA thing still hanging around.

You played a superior opponent and lost. They may be the eventual national champion.

Tennessee has gotten better throughout the year and is looking at a 7-5 record. It would be 8-4 if the Florida game were in November.

If you honestly don't think things are better now than a year ago, I don't know what to tell you. And that's with the NCAA thing still hanging around.
I said I wouldn’t do this very often, but I’m giving you a like.
GBO!!

He did. He was one of a handful of guys on here this week who was not living anywhere close to reality. I'm proud of the team and the coaches for their fight. UGA is really good. You'd have to be an idiot not to see that this team is in much better hands down now than it was a year ago, and our team mentally and from a competitive standpoint is in a much, much better place.
Great post .. admittedly, I had a hard time seeing UT playing this competitively with all the guys that left for the portal and being so short on scholarship players but guys like Hooker have made a big difference. This time last year if you all would have been told with a new coach you would see Harrison Bailey in the portal and still be considered one of the better teams in the SEC, who would have believe it .. especially after being told that like 20 of your players would be hitting the portal.

Honest question, wtf is going on in Gainesville?
GBO!!

Reactions: FlVols
We lost to one of the worst Florida teams in the last 40 years by 24 points I never expected a win today over a much superior and better opponent but some fans actually did. But I never thought in the off-season that we would have a chance at winning 8 games this year so let’s happy with that.
7-5 with a nice bowl win.... Hell yeah I will take that. NOBODY expected that when e'rrybody jumped ship and we announced CJH as the new head man. (Yep... I am eating crow. He has done a fabulous job) Josh for COTY. He's done more with less than anybody in the SEC.

Honest question, wtf is going on in Gainesville?
GBO!!

I have no idea. Made the comment in the Florida-Samford thread in Around the NCAA.

I've seen injuries derail a season. I've seen some kind of horrific event derail a season. Some other things too.

I have never seen a team (and really the whole program as recruiting has become a joke) go from competent to incompetent in a month and half without an obvious smoking gun.

I don't know where the team that played Alabama and Tennessee went, but it's dead and gone.

So is Mullen.

Georgia averages scoring 39 points per game

They had averaged giving up 6.5 point per.

Tennessee allowed 2 points over and Georgia gave up 11.5 more than normal.

Georgia is simply that good, and Tennessee is clearly not there yet on a talent level…….and heck Tennessee could easily have had 6 more points…….but those wouldn’t have mattered……so they went for it and at least “tried.”

Not sure what some folks are smoking……I’d even bet “some” of those complaining predicted the score to be like this or worse.

Kirby and nick — recruiting fanatics — it’s all about the talent. Coaching is 30% of the equation.
You can mask offense (which Josh has done a great job of) when you lack talent because of all the rules that help the offense (pas interference, targeting, touching a Qb, etc.). Defense comes down to being big, quick, fast, and having football savvy. Can’t mask having 5 stars on one side and 3 stars on the other.

Kirby and nick — recruiting fanatics — it’s all about the talent. Coaching is 30% of the equation.

That's it, Saban said it himself when Moore hired him. He couldn't turn it around unless they could get the "players". The only school that has consistently recruited at the level of Bama the last 5 years is GA followed by maybe Ohio St and it shows on the field.

Lol

Pride? Seriously that’s all they need.

Hard to beat one of if not the very best Georgia team in my lifetime………without much talent……..no matter how much “pride” you have.

Tennessee needs talent.
Vandy, Ky, Mizzou, Bowling Green, Tenn Tech, S Car, and South Alabama say hello. Also Pitt and Ole Miss. UT is rated 19th in talent. They have three 5 stars (More than all teams I listed combined) and twenty four 4 stars. I agree GA is a very good team. But they have 5 starters out with injuries and are playing a walk on QB. That was a butt whippin! And once again we lose to FL, GA, and ALA by 20+ points. Better days ahead though. GBO!!!

Last edited:
With little top talent, injuries and playing a well coached team loaded with 5 star recruits — UT had no chance in this game

41-17 is a respectable score against the No. 1 team in the country and where the program was 11 months ago. Heupel and the team have exceeded my expectations at the beginning of the year. I am encouraged by Heupel and hope he can plug the holes in the roster for UT to get even better.

I am not going to say our kids didnt play hard. They did. But beyond obvious that Georgia has more players. Kirby gets credit for national recruiting but look at this his roster of stars is primarily from Georgia. So he only has to sprinkle in from rest of country. Tennessee doesn’t have near enough kids from our own state that are high level. But just being from your own state in a border rivalry game in general you tend to play with extra pride.
Screenshot_20211113-201044_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201054_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201107_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201119_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201137_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201137_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201239_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201256_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201311_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211113-201325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back