What do think next years lineup will be?

Lineup

C: Paul Skenes/Charlie Taylor
1B: Blake Burke/Kavares Tears
2B: Christian Moore/Chase Valentine
SS: Maui Ahuna/Dakota Harris
3B: Logan Steenstra/Christian Moore
LF: Jared Dickey/Kavares Tears
CF: Seth Stevenson/Christian Scott
RF: Kyle Booker/Colby Backus
DH: Logan Chambers/Colby Backus

Weekend Starters

Chase Dollander-RHP
Chase Burns-RHP
Drew Beam-RHP

Midweek Starter

Zander Sechrist-LHP

Bullpen

Will Mabrey-LHP
Mark McLaughlin-RHP
Wyatt Evans-LHP
Hollis Fanning-RHP
Ethan Smith-RHP
Jake Fitzgibbons-LHP

Closers

Kirby Connell-LHP
Seth Halvorsen-RHP

Thanks for posting this. Great start for discussion.

Does Booker have the arm for RF? I notice that Tears was a LHP in HS. I bet he's got the arm for it?

Would be nice to have a L/R platoon possibility for every outfield position.

Lineup

Weekend Starters

Chase Dollander-RHP
Chase Burns-RHP
Drew Beam-RHP

Midweek Starter

Zander Sechrist-LHP

Bullpen

Will Mabrey-LHP
Mark McLaughlin-RHP
Wyatt Evans-LHP
Hollis Fanning-RHP
Ethan Smith-RHP
Jake Fitzgibbons-LHP

Closers

Kirby Connell-LHP
Seth Halvorsen-RHP
I think Doollander is gone to the draft

Dollander was a sophomore this season. Heā€™s not draft eligible. He will return next year and be eligible for the 2023 draft.
Players attending four-year colleges are eligible to be drafted upon completing their junior year or turning 21 years old.

How old is Dollander? Is it 21 before the draft or before the following season starts?

Reactions: VolPack22
Thanks for posting this. Great start for discussion.

Does Booker have the arm for RF? I notice that Tears was a LHP in HS. I bet he's got the arm for it?

Would be nice to have a L/R platoon possibility for every outfield position.

Yes, Booker has an outstanding arm. He showed it off at one point this year throwing out a base runner with a bullet.

I believe Tears has a good arm too. He could play OF or 1B. Depending on his development, maybe we see him at 1B and Burke at DH. Iā€™m excited to see how he develops because heā€™s a guy with a lot of upside who came in raw.

Players attending four-year colleges are eligible to be drafted upon completing their junior year or turning 21 years old.

How old is Dollander? Is it 21 before the draft or before the following season starts?
I thought it was 21 before the draft.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
His bat in in the lineup regardless. LF, Catcher, or DH
Yes I know he will be in the lineup. Iā€™m just talking about defensively. Dickey will be in the majors one day and Iā€™m sure Tony will try to preserve his knees by not putting him behind the plate. Tony actually cares about his players unlike some coaches.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Lineup

Weekend Starters

Chase Dollander-RHP
Chase Burns-RHP
Drew Beam-RHP

Midweek Starter

Zander Sechrist-LHP

Bullpen

Will Mabrey-LHP
Mark McLaughlin-RHP
Wyatt Evans-LHP
Hollis Fanning-RHP
Ethan Smith-RHP
Jake Fitzgibbons-LHP

Closers

Kirby Connell-LHP
Seth Halvorsen-RHP
If Backus signs with us, I believe he will be the first baseman.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yes, Booker has an outstanding arm. He showed it off at one point this year throwing out a base runner with a bullet.

I believe Tears has a good arm too. He could play OF or 1B. Depending on his development, maybe we see him at 1B and Burke at DH. Iā€™m excited to see how he develops because heā€™s a guy with a lot of upside who came in raw.
Imagine the speed and defensive prowess of an outfield of Stevenson, Booker, and Scott. In our small ballpark, very few opponent hitters would get a gapper all the way to the wall.

Last edited:
Imagine the speed and defensive prowess of an outfield of Stevenson, Booker, and Scott. In our small ballpark, very few opponent hitters would get a gapper all the way to the wall.
Not enough power out of those 3 ... Scott I think will be in same role or spell Stephenson .. we have a couple HS of's committed I think that have promise

Not enough power out of those 3 ... Scott I think will be in same role or spell Stephenson .. we have a couple HS of's committed I think that have promise

I'm thinking of late inning defense when we have the lead. I think you're correct about the power aspect. We play in a small ballpark, we need to take advantage. The other teams will.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Stanwich and who is the other HS OF youā€™re referring to? Guessing Backus will have the best opportunity to start as a newcomer, but heā€™s a JUCO.

VN Store

Back