What did you have for dinner II?

Hot dogs and slaw

Hot dogs were what we call Bad-Ass Hebrews* - quarter pound Hebrew National kosher beef hot dogs. I can’t find them in local stores anymore, but there they were in the Brevard, NC Ingles as I was leaving today’s final dress rehearsal, insanely expensive per usual.

*the phrase “Bad-Ass Hebrews” comes from an amazing song by James McMurtry, referring glancingly to some sort of Israeli military weaponry. (See YouTube below.) Hubs, who is Jewish, although decidedly does not keep kosher, thinks that if he ever gets a band together, it will be called <his name> and the Bad-Ass Hebrews. Since this band formation thingy seems kinda vague and in the super-distant future (he is 72), we are using it for the hot dogs for now.

Note: the song is NSFW in a few parts. I first heard it many years before meeting Hubs, and nearly put my car into a ditch on I-75 northbound in Indiana (possibly Kentucky) because I was laughing so hard. Also note: James McMurtry’s daddy was Larry McMurtry, author of Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, and Terms of Endearment, among others, so he comes by it honestly.

Lemon "mouse?"

tom-and-jerry-lick.gif
Hey. Sometimes you just gotta let autocorrect do its thing.

nearly put my car into a ditch on I-75 northbound in Indiana (possibly Kentucky) because I was laughing so hard

Best song I've heard in a long time! I'm still laughing at "strap them kids and give em a little bit of Benadryl." On family trips, Daddy like to get up before dawn to start driving. Mom would give my brother and me half a Dramamine tablet. They laid a foam rubber pallet in the back of the Biscayne station wagon. Mom made little curtains that she hung across the side windows on bungee cords. My brother and I slept for hours. It was like riding in the back of a hearse! The car looked just like this:

2-1566831362160.jpg

Hey I Love it!! You know I had a whole gang of people on me in here in a hot dog thread because I said that I put ketchup on mine......lol
I’ve gotten better! I used to not like mustard, and it was just straight ketchup on the dogs. I’ve finally developed a taste for mustard, so now it’s mostly that, with a LEETLE bit of ketchup for old times sake.

Hot dogs and slaw

Hot dogs were what we call Bad-Ass Hebrews* - quarter pound Hebrew National kosher beef hot dogs. I can’t find them in local stores anymore, but there they were in the Brevard, NC Ingles as I was leaving today’s final dress rehearsal, insanely expensive per usual.

*the phrase “Bad-Ass Hebrews” comes from an amazing song by James McMurtry, referring glancingly to some sort of Israeli military weaponry. (See YouTube below.) Hubs, who is Jewish, although decidedly does not keep kosher, thinks that if he ever gets a band together, it will be called <his name> and the Bad-Ass Hebrews. Since this band formation thingy seems kinda vague and in the super-distant future (he is 72), we are using it for the hot dogs for now.

Note: the song is NSFW in a few parts. I first heard it many years before meeting Hubs, and nearly put my car into a ditch on I-75 northbound in Indiana (possibly Kentucky) because I was laughing so hard. Also note: James McMurtry’s daddy was Larry McMurtry, author of Lonesome Dove, The Last Picture Show, and Terms of Endearment, among others, so he comes by it honestly.

The hewbrew nats are the Best!! Enjoy

Hot dogs: mayo and sweet pickle relish only. I don't eat ketchup on anything except fries and sometimes eggs.
The whole point of hotdogs is as a vehicle for whatever toppings you like. I don't let anyone tell me what I can and can't use.

My current go to is kielbasa dogs, with chili, cheese, deli mustard, and crumbled up sour cream and onion chips

Last edited:
The big meal of the day in Spain is lunch. As we’ve been riding from morning through the afternoon, we’ve not indulged. Today, our ride was over before lunchtime (~1:30pm, here). I had two beers, olives, olive oil & bread, a Moorish stew of spinach and chickpeas, and salmon wrapped prawns covered in trout eggs.
That sounds fantastic.

VN Store

Back