What did you have for dinner II?

Yep, beach front with a water park, mini golf, a store, food trucks, the works. Not been to crowded this week. But they're starting to come in for the holiday weekend today.
Used to vacation in the adjacent campground to the north 40-50 years ago. Back when parents felt safe to turn kids loose for the day. Hanging on the beach with friends, walking to the game room and pool, the girls all looked a little better with that copper tone tan - good times!

Used to vacation in the adjacent campground to the north 40-50 years ago. Back when parents felt safe to turn kids loose for the day. Hanging on the beach with friends, walking to the game room and pool, the girls all looked a little better with that copper tone tan - good times!
You still see it here a fair bit. Lots of packs of kids on bikes roaming around.

Pork egg foo young and house special mei fun from local Chinese-American take out
Had the worst Chinese -> Asian takeout EVER the other day. How do you screw up sesame chicken, beef with broccoli, and pad Thai?? And burnt egg rolls????? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I only tried this place (in Denver) because we just don’t have a nice tacky old skool Chinese restaurant around here (Asheville.) I don’t want authentic Chinese cooking, dammit; I want Murican Chinese!

Bummer, Exie. My food was good.
I am coming to the conclusion that either a city needs to have a university with a lot of foreign students, or be in an area with a lot of Asians, in order to have decent Chinese food.

Asheville is great, but having forty-‘leven James Beard chefs plating with tweezers does not seem to result in a reliable greasy spoon Chinese takeout place.

Miss these guys in Point Richmond. @NorCalVol67

1622249560947.png

I am coming to the conclusion that either a city needs to have a university with a lot of foreign students, or be in an area with a lot of Asians, in order to have decent Chinese food.

Asheville is great, but having forty-‘leven James Beard chefs plating with tweezers does not seem to result in a reliable greasy spoon Chinese takeout place.

Miss these guys in Point Richmond. @NorCalVol67

View attachment 370720

That place was good.

I miss my spot on Russian Hill.

Reactions: VolNExile
Had the worst Chinese -> Asian takeout EVER the other day. How do you screw up sesame chicken, beef with broccoli, and pad Thai?? And burnt egg rolls????? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I only tried this place (in Denver) because we just don’t have a nice tacky old skool Chinese restaurant around here (Asheville.) I don’t want authentic Chinese cooking, dammit; I want Murican Chinese!
Come to CLT.

MVIMG_20200627_181509.jpg

VN Store

Back