What did you have for dinner II?

@JCHateSteve with all his Japanese food making me get a craving. I applied for a couple jobs in Japan in the last week and have an interview for one of them soon. Hope I get it!

I had sushi, a huge Kirin beer, and some hot sake (nihonshu is the right name but whatever) last night.
Good luck. You make it sound great over there. It makes me want to see it even more than I already wanted too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ButchPlz
Good luck. You make it sound great over there. It makes me wasn't to see it even more than I already wanted too.
Now is the time to start looking honestly. We bought our flights on sale and then saved and paid for lodging, etc. in chunks for about 7 or 8 months before we went. We don't make a lot of money but smart planning made it happen!

EDIT: for example I just saw flights to Japan out of Raleigh for around $350 round trip, and out of Roanoke for around $400!

Now is the time to start looking honestly. We bought our flights on sale and then saved and paid for lodging, etc. in chunks for about 7 or 8 months before we went. We don't make a lot of money but smart planning made it happen!

EDIT: for example I just saw flights to Japan out of Raleigh for around $350 round trip, and out of Roanoke for around $400!
Flights at that price want last.
We have a nephew that was stationed in Japan, and decided to quit the Marines while there. He got his education, a good job, and recently got married. He obviously loves it.

Because @JCHateSteve made me, I made Japanese curry with baked katsu chicken again tonight, this time with the hot level. A 3-Kleenex meal! But at least I timed things right this time, so the chicken was a lot better.

Steamed asparagus tips instead of rice, after the appalling damage to the bathroom scales after the beach and lake trips.

Trying to explain “Japanese curry” to the Ingles manager was challenging.

Chick-fil-A tonight. Take your chicken breast and throw it back in the bag (or in a tupperware bowl with lid if you're at home), shake it up with 1 pack CFA sauce, 1 pack BBQ, and 1 pack sweet & spicy Sriracha. Throw it back on the bun. Dip your fries in the leftover sauce. You'll never eat a CFA sandwich any other way I can almost guarantee.

Because @JCHateSteve made me, I made Japanese curry with baked katsu chicken again tonight, this time with the hot level. A 3-Kleenex meal! But at least I timed things right this time, so the chicken was a lot better.

Steamed asparagus tips instead of rice, after the appalling damage to the bathroom scales after the beach and lake trips.

Trying to explain “Japanese curry” to the Ingles manager was challenging.
giphy (36).gif

Hadn’t been on this thread in a while. Hope all is well and everyone is eating good!

Anyone made white chicken chili in a slow cooker? My wife make good white chicken chili but hasn’t in a slow cooker. Is it good or better than in a pot?
I’ve made white chili back in the day, but I’ve completely forgotten the ingredients and how I cooked them. But it was good. 🤪

I’m hoping for some good responses to this!

Reactions: Vjcvette

VN Store

Back