What did you have for dinner II?

Just giving my pub friends a heads up on "hey grandpa whats for dinner"? You old farts will know what that's from...
Rooster and Dumplings is gonna be on Mrs Bags menu soon... We were out feeding up all our laying hens and getting ready for our delivery of meat chickens next week and the big beautiful rooster that she hand feeds kept attacking her when she was gathering eggs as in drew blood twice. She was kicking at him and he was bowing up like he was gonna spur her. Gonna be interesting here cause my wife is much more cold hearted than I am (even being a huge hunter and killing lots of cows pigs etc for food). We have two rooster and shes gonna send a message to the other one too LOL
She wants to kill off the NAMED hens we have that have slowed down laying cause they are 3 years old.
Me: but we cant eat them if we named them...
Her: Its time for them to go and we are gonna kill that damn rooster too.
me: but we named them! that's against the rules in the chicken farm 101 book somewhere! Thusly i never name the food chickens.
Her: You'll never know which one you're eating when they go into the pot.
If I post chicken dumplings, chicken Jambalaya, or Coq au Vin for dinner in the next couple of weeks take your hat off and say a little prayer cause, the rooster, he gone.
Well this guy, he gone.3AD32C4A-F369-4A83-9980-EAFFE59C844C.jpeg
Turned into this guy
23C6D5AA-22D9-4379-9596-5DDAE4B691CC.jpeg
And tonight coq au vin. I warned y’all it was coming.... The old boy made the wife fall down a few weeks ago when he spurred her and as his last mistake on my farm he Bowed up on the granddaughter in the stroller. He looked like this tonight with a side of pasta and tomato sauce,fresh green salad and grape maters,cucumbers, and avacado with olive oil and balsamic. DAA30F82-D6B1-4473-8FD2-3DFDE173B437.jpeg

VN Store

Back