What did you have for dinner II?

Got an air fryer for xmas. and did some chicken legs and thighs in it twice and were real good. Wife likes it better than grilled. The fried okra was horrible. then step son said don't do anything breaded in it cause it won't be good. love fried okra, so nest time will bock into skillet.

Decided to test something else. so last night did pork chops in the thing. They were excellent. Of course an air fryer is merely a compact convection oven. So, the meats come out looking like a grill/oven roast cross. What I learned over the course of the cook...thin sliced chops at 370 for 10-12 minutes is perfect. Added bush's baked beans for my son and a can of triple succotash for me.

And if you're not in the know on baked beans...Always use Bush's. For the large can add a small drizzle each of mustard, bbq sauce of choice, and honey. About a TBSP brown sugar, and a dusting of cinnamin, and simmer down till liquid about half gone. If baking in oven...I use 3 large cans, an appropriate squiggly line of the mustard, bbq and honey, a couple extra spoons of brown sugar (or cane sugar), dusting of that cinnamin word, diced onion, bell pepper, and topped with quartered bacon slices. Bake about an hour on 350. you will come back and thank me. I'm not against adding browned ground beef or left over BBQ pork, but my wife not too hot on added meat.

Reactions: VolNExile
Ok.

Ground beef patty, with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles.

So, do you wrap the lettuce where it's like the bun. I've had one or two that way before and wasn't bad. Can't say I missed the bun, but never made a regular out of it that way.

So, do you wrap the lettuce where it's like the bun. I've had one or two that way before and wasn't bad. Can't say I missed the bun, but never made a regular out of it that way.
No. I just ate it witha knife and fork.😁

Also discovered baking bacon in the oven instead of pan frying. Great weekday time saver. Line cookie sheet with foil and turn edges up to keep from having to wash pan. Layout whatever will fit. Put in cold oven, then set oven to 400. probably takes 15 minutes. I remove mine to paper towel. Still get pan fried taste, unlike the nuker, doesn't seem to be as much grease even though it is crisp. And you can do other things while it cooks. along with boiled eggs, makes a low time investment work morning breakfast. When grease cools and solidifies, wad up foil and throw away. No fuss.

Linguine with onion, red bell pepper, sundried tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, baby spinach, pecorino romano, Parmesan, and something I’ve forgotten.

Can you tell that I needed to use up a bunch of vegetables? Looks like I’ll be gnawing on this for a while. I may crumble up some bacon next time around.

1582849482161.jpeg

VN Store

Back