What did you have for dinner II?

My power went out from the ice taking out the lines (tree limbs coming down)here in southern Missouri. So we went to my in-laws who had power. Wife made pizzas for them and her and the kids. I made me some pintos and fried taters.

Reactions: MAD and joevol33
0533880e1cec5d0f1da91ff3d42d91e619323f-v5.jpg

Reactions: joevol33 and MAD
Beef empanadas in the air fryer.

The filling (picadillo) was good, but the Goya empanada discos turned to rock. I'm going to have to find something else for the dough (and no, I don't want to make it.)

Any air fryer users here? Have you tried to cook anything in pastry? Empanadas are (generally) a turnover with a spicy meat filling. When deep fried, they are so wonderful that you won't hear each of your arteries shutting down. Baked are OK. Air fryer ones can double as self-defense weapons, unless I can find time and temps for phyllo dough rounds.

The filling (picadillo) was good, but the Goya empanada discos turned to rock. I'm going to have to find something else for the dough (and no, I don't want to make it.)

Any air fryer users here? Have you tried to cook anything in pastry? Empanadas are (generally) a turnover with a spicy meat filling. When deep fried, they are so wonderful that you won't hear each of your arteries shutting down. Baked are OK. Air fryer ones can double as self-defense weapons, unless I can find time and temps for phyllo dough rounds.
There is a way to do everything in the air fryer, provided you could do it in an oven.

Reactions: VolNExile

- My Forking Life

This site is awesome.

Reactions: MAD and VolNExile

VN Store

Back