What did you have for dinner II?

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
I lived in Jackson Hole for a long time and the number of idiots that would mess with Bison was staggering. They do not have a sense of humor.
I disagree ... I have seen them numerous times standing over the curb stomped bodies of stupid tourists laughing their lil bison arses off.
There are 4 things in the western US/ Canada you don't screw with imo... cougars, grizz, bison, and moose during rut. Most anything else I'll take on with a dull pocket knife. Come to think of it, a pissed off wolverine would whoop all of them.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I am a 40 year old that got into hunting 6 years ago. My daughter's wanted to do it so I took it up to take them. We would get venison from others the years before but it felt like cheating. This past year was my first time going bow hunting, which I enjoy the challenge of. I too wing it many times with the recipes but I like trying new things especially things accomplished chefs and hunters recommend. Good luck this morning.
Awesome! And great that your girls wanted to be a part of it. We caught about 60 stripers today and had a great time given the water temp was 40 when we started at 9am .

Reactions: joevol33
Crunchy tacos with seasoned beef, medium cheddar, sliced grape tomatoes, and shredded spinach

The missus wanted these again

Cracker Barrell catfish dinner yesterday, and pit roast with mashed potatoes, green beans, and cream corn today

Venison and rabbit Shepard pie with portebella shrooms, parsnips, redskin taters, carrots, a port wine "beef gravy" and some green peas. Topped with the wife's pastry crust. For the side dish brown sugar bacon, carmelized onions an Brussel sprouts cooked down.

VN Store

Back