What car did y'all have for your very first car?

That looks like an excellent car. I have a Honda too, but it’s just a Fit.
Honda makes a Great car, I have a 2018 Civic and one of my most fun outings is when it is time to car shop, which I will not be
doing for a very long time, but I am a car person and I love it when it is time to shop.

Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
Frist drive: 1972 Ford LTD land yacht, and 1976 Ford Granada family cars.

First owned when I turned 17. 1967 Mustang 200 sprint 4 banger 3 speed. amazing how quick that little 4 was in that thing. I topped it out at 120 one time and it still had a little left to give. And would run all week on $5 gas. It came with no AC and no headliner. We put a headliner in. Tat car serviced us a long time. I moved on to a 68 camaro. My sister and brother in law drove the mustang forever, and it just never tore up.

Reactions: Vjcvette and MAD
Frist drive: 1972 Ford LTD land yacht, and 1976 Ford Granada family cars.

First owned when I turned 17. 1967 Mustang 200 sprint 4 banger 3 speed. amazing how quick that little 4 was in that thing. I topped it out at 120 one time and it still had a little left to give. And would run all week on $5 gas. It came with no AC and no headliner. We put a headliner in. Tat car serviced us a long time. I moved on to a 68 camaro. My sister and brother in law drove the mustang forever, and it just never tore up.
The 200 cubic inch Mustang base engine was a 6 cylinder with 120 horsepower. They did not offer a 4 cylinder until Mustang II in 1974.

Reactions: Vjcvette and Guest
I got a blue/green 96 Nissan Altima in 2004. I put at least 150k on top of the 100k it already had. Drove it until 2013. No major work needed until there at the end. Alternator kept giving out.

1972 Pontiac GTO with a 400 and a Hurst 4 speed. Once again, the Lord looks after fools and little children, and I've been both of those (credit to Russ Taff). My parents were foolish to buy it for me, and I ran it in the ground it in the two years I had it before I left for college. It's a wonder I'm alive. Burying the speedometer on retread tires. Sheesh. Sure was pretty though. (Stock photo)
1589240934103417091243.png

Very nice! I'm on my 16th Corvette, but it's a 2000 Fixed Roof Coupe, and as red as that one.
16 Corvettes, I can't even imagine that. I'm not sure if that means you loved them or hated them until you found the right one, but that is an amazing history with one car model.

Reactions: Vjcvette
16 Corvettes, I can't even imagine that. I'm not sure if that means you loved them or hated them until you found the right one, but that is an amazing history with one car model.
I liked all of them. Most of mine were bought in the 1970's and 80's. All but two were stick shifts. And 12 of them were from 1965 to 72 models.

Reactions: Vjcvette
1972 Pontiac GTO with a 400 and a Hurst 4 speed. Once again, the Lord looks after fools and little children, and I've been both of those (credit to Russ Taff). My parents were foolish to buy it for me, and I ran it in the ground it in the two years I had it before I left for college. It's a wonder I'm alive. Burying the speedometer on retread tires. Sheesh. Sure was pretty though. (Stock photo)
View attachment 278715
Nice.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
Interesting how life turns out. Had a few reasonable cars early on (Camaro, Celica) and then the kids came and it was Honda Accords and SUV's for 20 years. Fortunately lately once they moved out I've been able to enjoy a Mercedes SLK roadster (Huge fun, even with a 3 liter naturally aspirated V6. Makes you want to take the long way home and find a curvy road in the mountains. Take any curve and double the speed rating and you can get through, usually without even a tire squeal.) and now an M4 convertible. Needed a back seat for the grandkids, but this one has some bite. I'm still learning how to handle all the horsepower. Doesn't corner of stop as well as the roadster, but it's the first car I've ever had with Launch Control. 😁

The 200 cubic inch Mustang base engine was a 6 cylinder with 120 horsepower. They did not offer a 4 cylinder until Mustang II in 1974.

No wonder it hit 120mph. You'd think I'd remember the engine better than that. It was a super dependable drive train. And you could sit on the fender with your legs inside to tinker with it.

nlVNEI43F0ftsES2J1yDpWImsnAozh_00DVdnf2J6uIjV-59fJYdTv4AH8TUMHoTgJPxrYmg0jDBfJ56fGAuUed2XFapWif0zj90FQncst0Eob5kSQk

Reactions: 1972 Grad

VN Store

Back