What car did y'all have for your very first car?

1985 Toyota Supra in 1992. Loved that car, but so did my dad. He was rear ended by a drunk driver and it was totaled.

1967 GTO known as "Satan's Chariot" on the show car circuit. It had a 400 bored 40 over. It was a hoss. Snapped the cross member over the rear end twice and a rear frame rail once from the torque. You had to feather foot it in first if trying to go fast or you wouldn't move. It would still light up the tires in second for 50 feet but 3rd gear is where money was made. My dad drove it one time to town with mom, came back and handed me the keys and said never again. He was going to pass a dump truck on a 2 lane into town and made the mistake of flooring it before pulling out from behind the truck. He about ran over the truck. No idea why I ever sold it. Just young and stupid.

1982 Honda Prelude. Navy Blue, beige interior. Spent the next day putting in a new stereo system. Got it with 76K miles on it. I paid half, dad paid half. Rode that bad boy to 312K miles.

1970 Impala. That car was a tank!

BTW- here is a good Neil Young song which he wrote about his car that died.

First car my dad helped me pick out was a 1980 Chevy Monza...paid it off and then bought my first me decision car 1982 200SX
download (1).jpegimages.jpeg

Reactions: Vjcvette and MAD
Car I learned to drive on My dads 1976 Mercedes 300D
My First car 1978 VW Golf
First brand new car 1987 Nissan Sentra
My dream car was a used Cadillac Deville, forgot the year, but didn’t keep it long, too much to repair all that needed to be done.

Reactions: Vjcvette
1972 Volkswagen in 1975
My history professor said his brother was in the army and bought a VW in Germany and had it shipped for free back to the US...he said he hitchhiked from Ohio to Florida to pick it up...was still driving it 20 years later..maybe the best car ever made

Car I learned to drive on My dads 1976 Mercedes 300D
My First car 1978 VW Golf
First brand new car 1987 Nissan Sentra
My dream car was a used Cadillac Deville, forgot the year, but didn’t keep it long, too much to repair all that needed to be done.
My dream car in the 80's was a corvette and I had a 1984 corvette in 1987

Reactions: MAD
My history professor said his brother was in the army and bought a VW in Germany and had it shipped for free back to the US...he said he hitchhiked from Ohio to Florida to pick it up...was still driving it 20 years later..maybe the best car ever made
We lived in a Germany and did the same thing, our VW looked like this.
9B2581F1-5CEE-4BD5-BE66-2A2F912CFBF0.jpeg

And remember the Karmann Ghia's, I love those too
Oh man, I was never in one but I always thought it was fun.
I always loved cars, my favorite time of year back in the 70’s living in Knoxville was when West Town Mall would have the huge annual Auto Show.

That must have been fun. I would have felt cool driving that car.
Here is a picture of it, my Dad was getting ready to go play golf and I ask him to go stand by my car and I would take his
picture, the funny thing is that he had to borrow it one day and take a banker to look at some property and when he got
back he said "you need to get rid of this car" because I gave him so many stipulations to drive it....

Attachments

• My 1984 Corvette.jpg
    My 1984 Corvette.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
Here is a picture of it, my Dad was getting ready to go play golf and I ask him to go stand by my car and I would take his
picture, the funny thing is that he had to borrow it one day and take a banker to look at some property and when he got
back he said "you need to get rid of this car" because I gave him so many stipulations to drive it....
Lol funny story, but wow, that is a great looking car.

VN Store

Back