What are you doing in quarantine?

I can do a limited amount of work at home. Some of my work is considered essential - updating data and running reports for ongoing clinical trials in Type 1 diabetes and vasculitis. The clinicians need these reports to manage their patients so I go into my office 1 day a week to update and generate these reports.

At home, I avoid watching too much news as it is depressing. Helping out more in housekeeping and cleaning. Exercise about 30-60 minutes each day. Reading a little more. If this is what retirement looks like, it sucks.

Reactions: gule
Going to work
EUFlKxGUwAM72GI.jpg

Been working as normal but this week started doing 5 days on/ 5 days off. Helping my oldest with his homework and taking the kids on bike rides on the rare day we don’t get rain.

Putting a dent on the 24 hours of SECN Tennessee day that I recorded.

Keeping the warehouse open as long as I'm not falling off the forklift; staying here pretty much 24/7 now except for a weekly trip to Kroger and to get laundry done (should have put in a washer & dryer here). Orders have slowed to a trickle which gives me a little more time for maintenance and gardening. Had FedEx Freight pick up 6 pallets of alumina beads in Natchez, MS last week; they were supposed to deliver it here today but this morning they emailed me it won't come until tomorrow (it was a "volume deal" which gives them the right to take as long as they want). One customer, a small landfill in Louisiana, is supposed to get me a PO for 1 drum of silica gel... and there's a couple shipments of silica gel from my supplier in Germany that are supposed to arrive in Houston in the next few weeks. Also a potential for a huge order from a fertilizer complex in Iowa that is hoping they can limp along a few more weeks until my competitor can deliver a platinum catalyst otherwise if they have to shutdown before that catalyst can be shipped I am their fallback with a palladium product that would cost them almost twice what the platinum does. They asked me to give them Right of First Refusal on the palladium 3 weeks ago...

while you are in 'quarantine'? I stole this idea from another board I read, and I thought it might be fun here to see what VN is doing with all this spare time. Pictures are encouraged as well.

I'll start...
Guitar practice... lots of it.
Guns... doing a little practice there as well.
Getting some of the Honey Do stuff done (Not a lot, but some. I'm too lazy still)
Riding bikes with the Missus since the gym is closed.
Working and basically not getting paid.

Working at home, but frankly there's not a lot to do. People are not asking for much and I'm not the sort of person who's going to invent crap to do so I can appear to be busy. I found out yesterday that my office will be closed at least two additional weeks, which means we will have been gone at least four weeks when we return.

Realizing how boring life in these conditions SO, smoking a bit, drinking wine and riding bike thru the country!
Since they've close the beaches in FL where I've never sat closer to anyone than 20 yards in over three years...…..:mad::mad::mad:

I work from home anyway so most everything is the same. I just don't get to go to the coffee shop once a week now.

With the field I'm in, though, I imagine I'm about to be in SHTF mode, so I've been moving at a nice easy pace to save energy in anticipation for the rest of this week.

Day Job...Go to work every day.

Part-time job...Go to bowling center 3 days a week. (It finally closed for 2.5 weeks, but have plenty of re-model work to help with so not losing $$).

Going to work
Me too..... everyone in the office is working from home so I’m like the last man on earth. Plus all of my girls are at home and there’s no way I could be on the phone as much as I am with all those sore tail cats around

Reactions: hog88
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Notice the wus is wearing a Vandy sweatshirt.

VN Store

Back