What about high school football?

Nope.

The death rate has been decreasing every week since it's peak back on the week of 4/18. The GF riots / protests started 4 weeks ago and we are still seeing a decline.

Go back to your bubble.

Aren't you the one, yessir you are, that recently said: "I'll never understand the seat belt law. "

Credibility is zero after that.

Nope.

The death rate has been decreasing every week since it's peak back on the week of 4/18. The GF riots / protests started 4 weeks ago and we are still seeing a decline.

Go back to your bubble.
Hey I hope the deaths do not happen but with the current spikes after Labor Day and the July 4th holidays it is naive to think the cases and deaths would not increase if Fall spectator sports go on as usual. Does the public have the stomach for it? Maybe you should go back to your bubble.

Edit-Daily Deaths are about 1000/day compared to 200/300 about a month ago. That is the real number everyone should be concerned about. The graph is still going up , the curve is not flattening In the Summer like the experts predicted.

Last edited:
Reactions: fifties fan
Imagine your a coach of a high school team and god forbid a player on your team gets the virus and dies it will be lawsuits up the ass from the parents.

We signed an acknowledgement that COVID is a virus, and listed the steps they are taking based on Ohio guidelines. Son is playing, daughter is cheering . Taking all of the available info and applying my own common sense, I made my decision to let them play. Season could be called tomorrow, but that would be out of our control of course. If someone doesn’t want to participate, then they shouldn’t and that is their right but don’t take it away from the kids that do want to participate, after carefully weighing the consequences and making their own decision.

I don’t have high school aged kids, so those who do, what are you hearing about high school football and other sports?

Our school district has elected to delay the start of school and go 100% virtual for at least the first month. They have not made a decision on extracurricular activities, but I’m doubtful they will approve those if they won’t even allow kids into school. What are y’all hearing in your towns?

It would really suck for these kids to have their season cancelled. I would imagine it would also have upstream effects with regards to recruits missing a season of play and development. Hopefully we don’t get a class full of J.J. Peterson’s.

WA just announced school districts will make the final call but looks like virtual learning for the foreseeable future. Fall sprots pushed to at least Dec......

We signed an acknowledgement that COVID is a virus, and listed the steps they are taking based on Ohio guidelines. Son is playing, daughter is cheering . Taking all of the available info and applying my own common sense, I made my decision to let them play. Season could be called tomorrow, but that would be out of our control of course. If someone doesn’t want to participate, then they shouldn’t and that is their right but don’t take it away from the kids that do want to participate, after carefully weighing the consequences and making their own decision.
I agree 100% ..... let my daughter play basketball this year

Reactions: Kdbnab1 and 24/7vol
I personally believe schools should be open and the decision of sports should be left up to the parents, players, and coaches. But I don’t see how schools can justify having sports with the amount of modifications taking place. If it’s not safe for kids to be in school, then it’s not safe for them to be playing school sanctioned sports.

I personally believe schools should be open and the decision of sports should be left up to the parents, players, and coaches. But I don’t see how schools can justify having sports with the amount of modifications taking place. If it’s not safe for kids to be in school, then it’s not safe for them to be playing school sanctioned sports.
I am totally good with the unsanctioned ones, like cock fighting, taking place like previous years.

Real talk. If this was a real pandemic why didnt it wipe out homeless community. They dont social distance nor wear mask. Not to mention hygiene nor proper healthcare. Not bashing them at all but its valid points. I’ll hang up & listen

But then again some were forced into medical Fema camps at Nashville fairgrounds & 1 escaped charged with criminal offense. Not conspiracy theory but fact posted in Tennessean

Last edited:
If the NFL and they are, along with many high school programs, and they are, find a way to play football this fall, you can be sure many college programs will also be playing football this fall.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Incorrect. Seat belts do much more than just save your a##. Look it up.
They save auto insurance companies money. I choose to wear a seatbelt but like many I’m starting to feel too many of my personal freedoms are being taken away by big brother. One thing the BLM movement has helped me realize is there are too many police with impunity roaming around the streets in east TN looking for some petty reasons to issue a traffic citation. Those resources should be redirected towards something more beneficial to society. IMHO

Reactions: Smellvin
If the NFL and they are, along with many high school programs, and they are, find a way to play football this fall, you can be sure many college programs will also be playing football this fall.

Everyone will give it their best effort. The real question mark is what to do and what are the quarantine and contact tracing requirements for each level of football since it’s a certainty there will be infected football players at all levels once practice resumes.

Dishonest then. I watched a health professional state on TV a couple of days ago that anyone claiming a medical condition for not wearing a mask would not be in good enough health to venture out.
And OSHA has had rules for a long time requiring a mask policy if you require people to wear masks. That policy must include paying for a screening followed by routine check ups. OSHA rules are almost always precipitated by injuries or illnesses. The screenings are specifically designed to assure there are no unknown issues... sort of like the VERY remote possibility of catching Covid through casual contact with an asymptomatic carrier in Walmart.

I guess you believe it would be your decision to drive while intoxicated. Sorry but your argument fails.
Do you have a statistics based study proving that having 330 million healthy people wear masks is an effective way of preventing the spread of a virus they do not have? Otherwise... your argument fails.

Your comparison is non-sense. Apples to anvils. The only way it becomes comparable is if you said that no one had the right to drive if ANYONE might be driving drunk and cause an accident. You literally trying to compel 330 million people who have NO chance of spreading the virus because they do not have it in masks.

There are places and situations where the spread is KNOWN to occur. Control those FIRST. Just requiring bars and restaurants to install air purification systems would do FAR more than mask wearing to stop the spread... but somehow it doesn't seem to occur to our "professionals" that the best way to stop the virus is to kill it before it has an opportunity to infect someone.

VN Store

Back