What’s up with the announcers from last night?

The biggest problem I had with the announcers was how Bama always “made a mistake” and rarely gave us any credit.

I know we’re not on Bama’s level but at least give credit where it’s due.

They gave plenty of credit to Heupel and Tennessee’s play. This is just another butthurt excuse to post a worthless thread.

I have no problem with McElroy - what did you want him to say and why is it so important that the sports media love Tennessee? I thought after this past week with all the toxic fan base narrative that the media was garbage anyway, and now everyone wants in air love from them???

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Quality TV announcers are slim pickings these days. In the past we had people like Musburger and color analysts who played in NFL. Nowadays we get the likes of Stinchcomb, Pollack, Jordan Rodgers and McElroy- all bottom feeders who loathe UT.
Musberger was terrible as a game announcer. He was a studio host for NFL today on CBS until he got canned from that position. Then he became a game announcer and was bad at that

CJH was not interviewed by ESPN in either Bama or Ole Miss games. ESPN did not show CJH face onTV, at all, until 4-5 minutes left in the first period of the Ole Miss game. In both games the half time field reporter said “we talked to coach at half and he says….” We we’re down 7 at half against Bama, not 47….I think our fans deserved to hear directly from our coach.

Win games and ESPN will care about you. Lose, and you are a punchline. Pretty simple. I’m not concerned about ESPN being biased, I just want them to give our coach equal coverage during a game.

With that said, I loved ESPN showing CJH barking “BS”at the refs repeatedly. Absolutely. Loved. It. And I bet the team did too. This team is giving everything it’s got for this coach.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I watched 2 games this past week from the 1997 season. The ESPN announcers were giving us nothing but love. Your first statement is 100% false.
It's not. Been complaining about it forever and and I'm nowhere near the only one. Even in the National Title game they were slobbering all over FSU and our scores were met with silence more often than not. We've never got the sane treatment as other ranked teams even when we were ranked ourselves.

It's not. Been complaining about it forever a and I'm nowhere near the only one. Even in the National Title game they were slobbering all over FSU and our scores were met with silence more often than not. We've never got the sane treatment as other tanked teams even when we were ranked ourselves.
False narrative derived from thin skin and a victim mentality. Sorry. ESPN announcers would froth at the mouth for us when we were a national power. It's a fact. Sorry

False narrative derived from thin skin and a victim mentality. Sorry. ESPN announcers would froth at the mouth for us when we were a national power. It's a fact. Sorry
Lol, It's your opinion, and a bad one. I didn't even single out ESPN. But keep slobbing them if it makes you happy.

I'm not slobbing them. I'm stating a fact. Go back and watch the games from the 90s. It's clearly on the record
No point is arguing with someone that can't tell the difference between fact and opinion. You thought the commentary was fair, I didn't, it's totally subjective. All I know is the number of times I switch to the radio because I was disgusted with them commentary, which was nearly everytime we played a ranked team in the 90s.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
No point is arguing with someone that can't tell the difference between fact and opinion. You thought the commentary was fair, I didn't, it's totally subjective. All I know is the number of times I switch to the radio because I was disgusted with them commentary, which was nearly everytime we played a ranked team in the 90s.
Maybe you should check that razor thin skin

I thought you meant the radio announcing for a moment. I didn't watch the game, but from what I listened to I couldn't tell which team Kesling was getting his paycheck from.

Tennessee touchdown = blown coverage

Alabama touchdown = amazing play calls with the QB throwing dimes, and running backs running over folks.

It's been happening for decades. Even when we were winning 10-12 games a year, Tennessee always gets the short end of the commentary. When John Ward was on our call I'd just mute the TV and listen to him. But I have a hard time listening to Kesling. Hopefully the next radio guy is better and I can quit listening to the TV commentary again.
Mike Keith….

Tennessee touchdown = blown coverage

Alabama touchdown = amazing play calls with the QB throwing dimes, and running backs running over folks.
Pretty accurate analysis from last night. Sorry. Truth can sting sometimes especially with thin skin. Our first touchdown last night was because of a blown coverage by them

VN Store

Back