What’s The Worst Officiating Moment In Sports History?

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
What are some of the worst referee decisions or maybe even ‘non-calls’ in sports?

Was the ref wanting to make sure the guy was dead before he stopped the fight?

Reactions: Border Vol
Detroit Lions vs Dallas Cowboys playoffs 2014
Interference called
Interference announced
Interference picked up

781e52d74e9c76f815f2f83facba8cbc.gif

That's a great one, and one that gets forgotten about.

Not only is that just a terrible, terrible error in officiating but it had huge implications, as Colorado won a split national title that year. If they lost that game, it would have given them 2 losses (plus a tie) and Colorado wouldn't have been in the conversation.
Yeah that kept GT being named National Champion by both Polls.

That's a great one, and one that gets forgotten about.

Not only is that just a terrible, terrible error in officiating but it had huge implications, as Colorado won a split national title that year. If they lost that game, it would have given them 2 losses (plus a tie) and Colorado wouldn't have been in the conversation.

I don't get why nobody was keeping up with it. Maybe they were but to me if I were a Missouri coach I would have run out of the field screaming that that was 4th down. Did they have any TOs? Just seems like something that bad would have caused all hell to break lose before they got that 5th play off.

JABAR GAFFNEY !!!

Funny co-incidence. I lived in Atlanta then and that Monday went to a CE class on Financial planning. Of all people there was SEC official Billy Schroer. I didnt realize at the time but he was the Head Linesman in the game. Most people dont remember but Florida scored the play before the Gaffney catch and Billy flagged them for illegal formation.

Obviously I wasnt going to put him on the line to criticize a fellow official but it was pretty apparent he thought it was a bad call. As we were leaving I asked him if he had any more games scheduled in Knoxville and his reply was, "I dont think we will be back to Knoxville for awhile.":)

VN Store

Back