Western Kentucky at Vanderbilt, Thursday at 8pm on SECN

Assuming you watched Kentucky get hosed by WKU two years ago, can you give us any insight into what Vandy can expect, especially in terms of WKU rubbing it in at the end of the game?

Did you mean housed?

1. Have emails handy regarding new uniforms
2. "Dont s**T your pants"
3. Pray
4. Play 80 players.
5. get some new walkons from the frat house on Sunday.
6. Do not punt to Sutton.

Reactions: 2 people
Everybody better watch out. Mason has found the missing piece.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs...has_mason_better_prepared_for_game_situations

Even though the second-year coach has added the role of defensive coordinator to his duties for 2015, Mason said Tuesday he feels better prepared for whatever happens in a game because of a recent discovery he made in his personal football library.

“I had a sheet that I had been looking for for the last 18 months,” Mason said. “Lo and behold, about two weeks ago, it popped up. I found it in my library of football books.”

What he found was a detailed list of game situations and what he should do in each of them. According to his timeline, he had it when he accepted the job at Vanderbilt last January (or shortly thereafter). He was without it, though, when the Commodores went 3-9 and failed to win an SEC game for the first time in five years.

“I had already gone through that list and really remembered a couple of items on there that needed to be checked off,” Mason said. “Now, I feel really good about what we’re doing and where we’re at.”

He noted that the ‘gameday checklist’ he has produced for this season includes 65 items “and it covers everything I need to know.”

“I’m never going to go into a game unprepared for the situation at hand,” Mason said. “Some things come up, but with that I’ve got to be charged with making good decisions and making sure our football team goes forward.”

Dude is pathetic.

Hey Vandy, this guy is coming for you tonight:

hilltopper1.gif

541e44a2c785f.image.jpg

"That's not on the list...."

Reactions: 1 person
Everybody better watch out. Mason has found the missing piece.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs...has_mason_better_prepared_for_game_situations

Even though the second-year coach has added the role of defensive coordinator to his duties for 2015, Mason said Tuesday he feels better prepared for whatever happens in a game because of a recent discovery he made in his personal football library.

“I had a sheet that I had been looking for for the last 18 months,” Mason said. “Lo and behold, about two weeks ago, it popped up. I found it in my library of football books.”

What he found was a detailed list of game situations and what he should do in each of them. According to his timeline, he had it when he accepted the job at Vanderbilt last January (or shortly thereafter). He was without it, though, when the Commodores went 3-9 and failed to win an SEC game for the first time in five years.

“I had already gone through that list and really remembered a couple of items on there that needed to be checked off,” Mason said. “Now, I feel really good about what we’re doing and where we’re at.”

He noted that the ‘gameday checklist’ he has produced for this season includes 65 items “and it covers everything I need to know.”

“I’m never going to go into a game unprepared for the situation at hand,” Mason said. “Some things come up, but with that I’ve got to be charged with making good decisions and making sure our football team goes forward.”

Wow :eek:lol:

I'm actually of the opinion that if vandys defense doesnt improve greatly that Mason was probably not the reason for Stanfords success on defense. The man has shown no reason thus far to believe he knows anything about coaching football.
E

Be fair. He lost his notes.

I just hope they take player safety into consideration if this game gets out of hand early.

#VandyLivesMatter

Reactions: 1 person
The whole notes thing is strangly reminiscent of the Waterboy and how the Mud Dawgs coach lost his ability to coach when he lost his playbook. this all just feels like a dumb movie plot device.

VN Store

Back