Western Kentucky at Vanderbilt, Thursday at 8pm on SECN

Vandymania is quite confident about this game. They feel that WKU doesn't have the horses to keep up with them and that this is the most talented Vandy team to ever take the field.

Watch the game with that idea in mind and know how crushing this loss will be for them.

Reactions: 1 person
Vandymania is quite confident about this game. They feel that WKU doesn't have the horses to keep up with them and that this is the most talented Vandy team to ever take the field.

Watch the game with that idea in mind and know how crushing this loss will be for them.

Operation Western takeover on West End begins in less than 12 hours. Stand up and cheer, stand up and cheer for Dear old Western!

It's football time in Nashville, Tennessee!

VU-EKU4.JPG

Reactions: 9 people

I opened this thread hoping that it would become a busy game thread with plenty of commentary, and that it will be linked to Vandymania so that they can follow along with us. I also hope that we copy/paste/quote Vandymania's game thread so much that Don Yates tries to ban us from our own message board.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm actually of the opinion that vandy will be improved on defense. Mason is struggling something awful as a HC, but he knows defense.

I'm actually of the opinion that if vandys defense doesnt improve greatly that Mason was probably not the reason for Stanfords success on defense. The man has shown no reason thus far to believe he knows anything about coaching football.

I think Vandys best chance will be to sit on the ball on limit WKUs possessions. They do not have the horses to compete with their offensive firepower.

You have to think WKU is more pumped up for this one

I decided to head over to Vandymania on the day of their game.

I left the place dumber than I was before.

This gold about the MTSU game:

I wasn't for scheduling this game, however, I will be there supporting the team and I hope you will too. * Here's where to go to order your tickets. *Don't worry about a section, there will be Vandy fans all over the stadium. **

1. MTSU owns Vanderbilt's ass in football.

2. My personal message to Don Yates: I hope you read this board sometime Don, you scared *****. Of course you didn't want to play MTSU. You know you're going to get boat raced. MTSU will have more fans than vanderbilt does. Don, you're a ******* coward.

Reactions: 3 people
Our former troll: immyaxl

So the Midday 180 was trashing CDM on his head coaching checklist today. Not that this suprised me but when is enough enough. If I'm CDM or any other Vandy coach I'd never go on either of the clown car sports stations in this town. George Plaster was trashing CDM on not naming a starter publicly yesterday. Half the teams in the country haven't named one yet. Sports radio in this town is a joke. I've been as critical as anyone about CDM but this is a new season. I'll give him until after the game tomorrow to Have an opinion on this years team.

Whiny SOB.

Reactions: 1 person
I decided to head over to Vandymania on the day of their game.

I left the place dumber than I was before.

This gold about the MTSU game:

1. MTSU owns Vanderbilt's ass in football.

2. My personal message to Don Yates: I hope you read this board sometime Don, you scared *****. Of course you didn't want to play MTSU. You know you're going to get boat raced. MTSU will have more fans than vanderbilt does. Don, you're a ******* coward.

Vandy fans all over MTSU's stadium? They can't even get Vandy fans all over THEIR OWN stadium, nor could they get them to drive 10 minutes further to Nissan Stadium (then LP Field) to watch them play Ole Miss. This idiot actually thinks they're going to dive 30-40 minutes to Murfreesboro?

Vandy is a home underdog vs Western Kentucky. Curious how many times an SEC team has been a home dog vs a C-USA program in past 10 yrs.

Probably a few years when Louisville was in CUSA playing at UK.

Any of you think the AD at Vandy pulls a USCw and fires Mason if WKU lays 60+ on 'em? Or does the AD give him unti the end of the season?

Note- I hope they give Mason a lifetime contract written in blood that is unbreakable by the laws of man....

Any of you think the AD at Vandy pulls a USCw and fires Mason if WKU lays 60+ on 'em? Or does the AD give him unti the end of the season?

Note- I hope they give Mason a lifetime contract written in blood that is unbreakable by the laws of man....

I think he lets him stay through the season. Someone has to pilot the ship. Anchor down. Avast. etc.

Been looking forward to this game all week. I can't wait to see Vanderbilt implode tonight. It'll be hilarious.

Probably a few years when Louisville was in CUSA playing at UK.

Assuming you watched Kentucky get hosed by WKU two years ago, can you give us any insight into what Vandy can expect, especially in terms of WKU rubbing it in at the end of the game?

Everybody better watch out. Mason has found the missing piece.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs...has_mason_better_prepared_for_game_situations

Even though the second-year coach has added the role of defensive coordinator to his duties for 2015, Mason said Tuesday he feels better prepared for whatever happens in a game because of a recent discovery he made in his personal football library.

“I had a sheet that I had been looking for for the last 18 months,” Mason said. “Lo and behold, about two weeks ago, it popped up. I found it in my library of football books.”

What he found was a detailed list of game situations and what he should do in each of them. According to his timeline, he had it when he accepted the job at Vanderbilt last January (or shortly thereafter). He was without it, though, when the Commodores went 3-9 and failed to win an SEC game for the first time in five years.

“I had already gone through that list and really remembered a couple of items on there that needed to be checked off,” Mason said. “Now, I feel really good about what we’re doing and where we’re at.”

He noted that the ‘gameday checklist’ he has produced for this season includes 65 items “and it covers everything I need to know.”

“I’m never going to go into a game unprepared for the situation at hand,” Mason said. “Some things come up, but with that I’ve got to be charged with making good decisions and making sure our football team goes forward.”

VN Store

Back