Westbrook tweet

Saw on her Evina's Twitter account she and Meme working out with Sean Green with Priority1 Hoops.
Coach Jumper, did you miss out on this?

No, I did see this.
I am good with it.
There is no p.e. in me when it comes to an athlete working out with another coach
I applaud Meme for her seeking out any coach that may be able to advance her

No, I did see this.
I am good with it.
There is no p.e. in me when it comes to an athlete working out with another coach
I applaud Meme for her seeking out any coach that may be able to advance her

Grand answer coach.....You are a good Lady Vol fan.

Reactions: bobkitten
She's gone because she wants to be gone. A new HC, new staff, clean slate and the chance to improve her game and be a team leader weren't enough. She opened the door and it closed behind her.
I agree with everything you said. I will venture to add to your comments that Evina is leaving because the HC who promised her a position and the freedom to play the position as Evina desired, is gone.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
She seems to really like UT. I’ve seen her all over social media with her teammates and other UT students. Zaay even made an instagram post about her. There has to be something behind the scenes that we just aren’t privy to.

Unless she has an attitude problem, I still hope she stays. She sure had an eye for open players (but too many TOs) and could take the ball to the rim. Would probably benefit from coaching.

She seems to really like UT. I’ve seen her all over social media with her teammates and other UT students. Zaay even made an instagram post about her. There has to be something behind the scenes that we just aren’t privy to.

What Instagram post? If you talking about her latest one with the video, that has nothing to do with Evina.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
No Holly! Or, no tickee (Holly) no laundry (Evina)

Unless she has an attitude problem, I still hope she stays. She sure had an eye for open players (but too many TOs) and could take the ball to the rim. Would probably benefit from coaching.
She’s not staying, in fact, she leaves campus Tomorrow.. so there’s no more hope of her staying.. Evina is happily transferring.. she’s visiting her boo thang first then flying home until she make her announcement

Did you see who we hired?

Kellie is not a bad hire.....we were going to get someone like Kellie, Banghart or maybe a top notch assistant.... all would have risks involved..... fans unrealistically thought we could hire Jeff Walz but those kind of hires rarely happen.... The coach has to be wanting to leave and a team has to be willing to over pay. I really like Kellie and her staff.... There are some things I really like about her but there are questions.... Hopefully Phil got the right answer to those questions before he pulled the trigger on the hire.

She’s not staying, in fact, she leaves campus Tomorrow.. so there’s no more hope of her staying.. Evina is happily transferring.. she’s visiting her boo thang first then flying home until she make her announcement
✌️ Best of luck to her and much success! Just not against us 😂

Reactions: Smallvol#1
But is that really a fair statement? I mean, to conclude that “she doesn’t want to be here” ? She very well could have deeply wanted to be here, but didn’t feel safe staying. The level of abuse she was getting, I believed, sufficiently scared the Westbrook family into thinking they had no choice but to leave. That is not at all the same thing as her just not wanting to be here.
What abuse? A few random fans on message boards calling her out? I'm aware of the fairly famous snit her mom got into on social media with a fan, but what sort of "abuse" was heaped on her? Not calling you out, but "abuse" makes it sound like the coaches, teammates, etc. were mentally or physically harming her.

What abuse? A few random fans on message boards calling her out? I'm aware of the fairly famous snit her mom got into on social media with a fan, but what sort of "abuse" was heaped on her? Not calling you out, but "abuse" makes it sound like the coaches, teammates, etc. were mentally or physically harming her.

It was us fans, including me, who torched her ever time we got a chance. Last year she was constantly abused. I really hope we find a way to refrain from throwing players under the bus and blaming them because we are frustrated. Coaches have to set the standard and correct bad situations. To be honest, the turnover epidemic started with the Lady Vols long before Westbrook arrived in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back