Westbrook Gone

ORRRR I’m allowing parents to worry about their own children instead of acting as if I know each of them personally. If you feel attacked then maybe it’s you who’s in family business that doesn’t necessarily concern you. There was obviously a reason the Westbrook’s were unhappy with holly and UT and obviously it had nothings to do with playing time.

You and all of these posters attacking her and these other ladies are the problem with Tennessee. And idc about calling it out. It’s 2019, no one cares about how things were done in the 70s/80s where people just shut up and took crap.

Well, in the 70's & 80's, we didn't have message boards, so stuff among the team, their families and the coaches stayed among them. And fans duked it out in the stands rather than on Volnation.

So parents are definitely not going to put a sock in it about their children. Period. Maybe the fans should put a sock in it when it comes to speaking on the character of players and their families. Y’all have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, no matter who tf you know.

These are college students. Adults. I think it's time for parents to butt out and make them be adults, unless something illegal is going on.

These are college students. Adults. I think it's time for parents to butt out and make them be adults, unless something illegal is going on.
And they are still someone's baby. She's what 19 or 20 dang near still a kid. When your criticism goes beyond basketball and start going at a persons character then you and I got a problem. I've seen countless times throughout the season of posters saying Evina had a bad attitude and she was selfish, and they deduced all that from watching a 2 and half hour game on tv. In which I saw the opposite, when she was suspended she was on the sideline before the game giving Jaz encouraging words and giving her tips all throughout the game. When she sat she was cheering on her teammates. I don't fault Mrs. Westbrook defending her child at all from adults on the internet, because Evina sure as hell doesn't have rights to defend herself from the unwarranted attacks.

Well, in the 70's & 80's, we didn't have message boards, so stuff among the team, their families and the coaches stayed among them. And fans duked it out in the stands rather than on Volnation.

Right, but do y’all honestly think things were perfect then? Because I’m sure some of the great players and not so great y’all love had family issues as well.. Evina’s mom was protecting her child and has every right to. If Evina got online and went at these trolls the way they come at her and attack her character people would say she’s disrespectful.

Enjoy the product being put on the floor and don’t worry about the business end of it. If the product sucks then don’t watch but some of you are so invested in this team that you’re literally tearing down young ladies behind a screeen name and a computer. Because if they met her none of the crap regarding her character would be mentioned. Because 1, I’m sure she’s extremely sweet and would have a conversation with a fan and 2 I’m sure she would go all the way off if she was tried like that.

So do you want Evina to respond to you all or do you think no one should say anything when fans get out of pocket?

No, y’all are humans just like they are and can learn to be respectful. If not, then yes her mother had every right to tear you a new one. If the university won’t step in with regards to disrespectful fans then why not her mother?

The hate for Evina is sickening and truly needs to end. If you want this team to be successful, then you want E on it.

I would say it is about 50/50 fault as Holly has to take part of the blame for never correcting it and continuing to support her style of play. She should've been benched after the second or third bad pass in any game she played. You can't let the same player keep making the same mistake game after game. A lot of the turnovers were bad passes and many others were players inability to catch the ball. Holly would sometime get in a spell of must get the ball inside and players were making a lot of bad passes trying to do what she asked. Overall 169 assist and 101 turnovers which is a 1.7 to 1 which most consider great but I never want any player to commit 100 turnovers in a season.
Excellent analysis, Volfan2012.

fulmer went cheap! you get what you pay for. five more years of the same!!! Holly warlick in disguise?

Coming from you, that is a very worrisome prediction! You have proven yourself to be Vol Nation's Nostradamus. I only wish I had placed $ on some of your infallible visions of the future, like this one:

Our AD is a joke! He will never fire Holly.

Once Harper talks to all the players and staff she'll have a pretty good idea of what the dynamics and issues are and what she wants to happen. If she wants to keep Westbrook she'll try to make it happen. If there are strings attached -- on either side -- they'll have to be worked out. But if either Harper or Westbrook don't believe things can be reconciled going forward, then Evina is gone, and should be. The same goes for any of the players. Harper can survive a rebuilding year if she has to. She can't survive continued team dysfunction.

Once Harper talks to all the players and staff she'll have a pretty good idea of what the dynamics and issues are and what she wants to happen. If she wants to keep Westbrook she'll try to make it happen. If there are strings attached -- on either side -- they'll have to be worked out. But if either Harper or Westbrook don't believe things can be reconciled going forward, then Evina is gone, and should be. The same goes for any of the players. Harper can survive a rebuilding year if she has to. She can't survive continued team dysfunction.

Great post!
Going back to the interview after the UCLA game, are reporters allowed one on one access to players without any supervision?

Reactions: T_Vol376
Westbrook and her mama both have swollen heads now. They are saying, 'look what we helped bring about'.
Really. And how do you know this? Give me a break. You dislike the Westbrook’s and Evina’s play. Move on. You’ve made your point, over and over and over... It’s getting old.

P.S. I read this site almost daily and rarely speak—respect for all until I just can’t stand it anymore. I’m there now. Stop bashing our players. Nobody turns the ball over on purpose, misses a shot on purpose, etc. We were better with her than without her. Does she need to improve? You betcha. As do all players and not just the ones in orange. Now I understand why there is an ignore button. SMH

We will all know what kind of heart these LADYS have after KEllie has a heart to heart with each one, and a team meeting. .they will have the desire to be a b a Lady Vol and all that goes with it. Real coaching real rules, n real practice, or they will b gone

Reactions: Silence Dogood
So do you want Evina to respond to you all or do you think no one should say anything when fans get out of pocket?

No, y’all are humans just like they are and can learn to be respectful. If not, then yes her mother had every right to tear you a new one. If the university won’t step in with regards to disrespectful fans then why not her mother?

The hate for Evina is sickening and truly needs to end. If you want this team to be successful, then you want E on it.

What? I never said anything about any specific player, and certainly nothing hateful toward Evina. I don't hate players, or coaches for that matter. I appreciate all UT players and coaches. I made a general statement about a general problem. I apologize if by responding to your post it confused you or anyone else. Why would I have a problem if Evina or anyone else responds to me? That's what adults do, in an appropriate way. All I said is parents need to let these students be the adults they should be.

We have enough helicopter parenting and it's stunting the growth of their kids. I'm a high school teacher and I've found that in most cases whatever problems there are with students it's because of their parents. Parents are more of a problem for teachers and coaches than the students/players are. I'm sure there are times when a parent just must intervene, but not nearly as often as they do.

What? I never said anything about any specific player, and certainly nothing hateful toward Evina. I don't hate players, or coaches for that matter. I appreciate all UT players and coaches. I made a general statement about a general problem. I apologize if by responding to your post it confused you or anyone else. Why would I have a problem if Evina or anyone else responds to me? That's what adults do, in an appropriate way. All I said is parents need to let these students be the adults they should be.

We have enough helicopter parenting and it's stunting the growth of their kids. I'm a high school teacher and I've found that in most cases whatever problems there are with students it's because of their parents. Parents are more of a problem for teachers and coaches than the students/players are. I'm sure there are times when a parent just must intervene, but not nearly as often as they do.

Great Post

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Evina Westbook, PLEASE know that the vast majority of Lady Vol fans are hoping and praying that you decide to finish your college career as a member of the exclusive Lady Vol sorority.

But if you decide to transfer, you will be loved and appreciated absolutely NO less by those of us who are truly understanding of your dilemma. Thank you for coming to Tennessee. I sincerely hope and pray that you choose to stay to be coached by Kellie, because I honestly feel like doing so will be magical.

Really. And how do you know this? Give me a break. You dislike the Westbrook’s and Evina’s play. Move on. You’ve made your point, over and over and over... It’s getting old.

P.S. I read this site almost daily and rarely speak—respect for all until I just can’t stand it anymore. I’m there now. Stop bashing our players. Nobody turns the ball over on purpose, misses a shot on purpose, etc. We were better with her than without her. Does she need to improve? You betcha. As do all players and not just the ones in orange. Now I understand why there is an ignore button. SMH
Well said Chipperbones...👍🏀🧡

Evina Westbook, PLEASE know that the vast majority of Lady Vol fans are hoping and praying that you decide to finish your college career as a member of the exclusive Lady Vol sorority.

But if you decide to transfer, you will be loved and appreciated absolutely NO less by those of us who are truly understanding of your dilemma. Thank you for coming to Tennessee. I sincerely hope and pray that you choose to stay to be coached by Kellie, because I honestly feel like doing so will be magical.

Where do I co sign?!

VN Store

Back