We're in Pittsburgh!

Ain’t much difference between yinz and you’uns, far as I can tell. Y’all is not native to East TN, it’s an import from further South. You’uns is the true Appalachian dialect. I wonder how people in PA ended up saying something similar…a mountain thing, perhaps?
Y’all is Middle and West TN.. we don’t say ‘you’uns’ or ‘bare’ for bear or ‘h’aint’ 😂 .. it’s cute, though, and not too harsh on the ears lol.. I can listen to a fellow native Tennesseean talk and tell where you are from in about 5-10 minutes lol.. we were settled by three distinct groups of settlers and somehow developed twang (East), twang-drawl (Middle), and drawl (West).. it’s really interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Wouldn’t be surprised to see 10k+ Vol fans in Pittsburgh. On 71 through Ohio as we speak (different route than most fans around Knox are taking) and we’re still seeing a bunch of TN tags.

Y’all is Middle and West TN.. we don’t say ‘you’uns’ or ‘bare’ for bear or ‘h’aint’ 😂 .. it’s cute, though, and not too harsh on the ears lol.. I can listen to a fellow native Tennesseean talk and tell where you are from in about 5-10 minutes lol.. we were settled by three distinct groups of settlers and somehow developed twang (East), twang-drawl (Middle), and drawl (West).. it’s really interesting
It’s truly fascinating. My father and my uncle on my Mom’s side have noticeably different dialects…and they grew up in the same county. 😂

Wouldn’t be surprised to see 10k+ Vol fans in Pittsburgh. On 71 through Ohio as we speak (different route than most fans around Knox are taking) and we’re still seeing a bunch of TN tags.
Safe travels through Buckeye Nation! Anyone coming through Northern Kentucky, give me a big orange holler as you pass by the "Florence Y'all" water tower.

We are certainly making a trip of it. Lunch with family up here tomorrow, Pirates/Cardinals game tomorrow night, Big Orange on Saturday and Kennywood (for my son) on Sunday if it doesn't rain.

I have so many good memories of Kennywood.

Last edited:
Safe travels through Buckeye Nation! Anyone coming through Northern Kentucky, give me a big orange holler as you pass by the "Florence Y'all" water tower.
Just passed not too long ago. Here’s your big orange holler!

Reactions: BOC
Never gets old seeing how many true fans travel, one of many reasons we are the most passionate. To whoever replied about Oklahoma and Oregon fans I agree with you they were very hospitable

Your fans have been talking about how “cheap” and “bush league” it is that we run the style of offense we do. What is actually bush league is players faking cramps. What we do is part of the game, faking injuries to alter the game is true bush league.
I just said I don't condone it.

But I still expect it to happen. As it will with every opponent UT plays.

Expect closer to 20k in PITT

Lol. Iron City has a bad rap but it’s as good as any other cheap drinker. But there are a whole lot better options for local beer in Pittsburgh.
Many years ago (back in the last millennium) I attended a training seminar in Pittsburg. One of the instructors told us that Iron City had always been the working man's beer in Pittsburg - similar to Old Style in Chicago - but when foundries started cutting back and shutting down the company fell on hard times. So they hired a PR firm, changed the labeling, created the Iron City Lite, doubled the prices and targeted the yuppy crowd. It worked!

Reactions: Hacksaw
Many years ago (back in the last millennium) I attended a training seminar in Pittsburg. One of the instructors told us that Iron City had always been the working man's beer in Pittsburg - similar to Old Style in Chicago - but when foundries started cutting back and shutting down the company fell on hard times. So they hired a PR firm, changed the labeling, created the Iron City Lite, doubled the prices and targeted the yuppy crowd. It worked!
Iron City was definitely a Pittsburgh steelworker favorite. I think IC Light was an adaptation that most breweries had to make in the 70s - light beer - due to declining sales and more health conscious consumers. I think it and Miller Lite are two of the only light beers brewed to be that way, unlike some where water is added to the normal brew to dilute it.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Iron City was definitely a Pittsburgh steelworker favorite. I think IC Light was an adaptation that most breweries had to make in the 70s - light beer - due to declining sales and more health conscious consumers. I think it and Miller Lite are two of the only light beers brewed to be that way, unlike some where water is added to the normal brew to dilute it.

Like given for user name.

Reactions: GGAllin
and I am still calling it Heinz.

You will fit in just fine with the locals by still calling it Heinz Field. The change got some blowback. But that is kind of in our DNA. I notice many of you incorrectly refer to it as “Pittsburg”. It is spelled Pittsburgh in the Scottish traditional manor with an “h”. In 1891 they tried to standardize US cities to “burg”. Our city officially became Pittsburg, but no one actually called it that. So in 1911 they gave up and put the “h” back on the end.

You will fit in just fine with the locals by still calling it Heinz Field. The change got some blowback. But that is kind of in our DNA. I notice many of you incorrectly refer to it as “Pittsburg”. It is spelled Pittsburgh in the Scottish traditional manor with an “h”. In 1891 they tried to standardize US cities to “burg”. Our city officially became Pittsburg, but no one actually called it that. So in 1911 they gave up and put the “h” back on the end.

That is quite interesting.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

I can tell you many folks from that area were shocked when Rolling Rock became a premium, in demand beer

Reactions: Hacksaw and Sarms58

VN Store

Back