We're in Pittsburgh!

We are certainly making a trip of it. Lunch with family up here tommrow, Pirates/Cardinals game tomorrow night, Big Orange on Saturday and Kennywood (for my son) on Sunday if it doesn't rain.
Kennywood is worth the trip but if your son is younger, Idlewild in Ligonier may be another option.

They have rides for the little ones and an area called Story Book Forest that has depictions of childhood Mother Goose takes like the Old Woman in the Shoe, Little Red Riding Hood and another area for Mr Roger's Neighborhhod.

Kennywood is worth the trip but if your son is younger, Idlewild in Ligonier may be another option.

They have rides for the little ones and an area called Story Book Forest that has depictions of childhood Mother Goose takes like the Old Woman in the Shoe, Little Red Riding Hood and another area for Mr Roger's Neighborhhod.
Agreed. The museum of natural history near Pitt’s campus is also a good rainy day option.

Arrived this afternoon. Ate downtown at the Foundry between PNC and I am still calling it Heinz. We ran into some Big Orange Fans eating there, too.

My son-in-law pitched for the Pirates for 4 seasons..........great town, wish the ole wifey and I could have made the trip this weekend. Have fun and be safe!

That is the Carnegie Mellon Museum. Exceptional!
It is actually the "Carnegie Museum of Natural History". It is on the border of the campuses of Pitt and Carnegie-Mellon universities. It is not affiliated with Carnegie-Mellon University, though.

Lots of things around Pittsburgh are named after Andrew Carnegie.

It is actually the "Carnegie Museum of Natural History". It is on the border of the campuses of Pitt and Carnegie-Mellon universities. It is not affiliated with Carnegie-Mellon University, though.

if anyone makes it to that area, go have a meal at Lucca on Craig St, right near the museum...hidden gem...you won't be disappointed

It's really an outstanding museum. My aunt, who passed away in 2020, was a docent there for over 30 years.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back