We're in Pittsburgh!

if anyone makes it to that area, go have a meal at Lucca on Craig St, right near the museum...hidden gem...you won't be disappointed

Hey, appreciate you and the other Pitt fans who have come over to join in the game discussion and for handing out the local’s advice. This has always been one of the great things about college football.

Some past home and aways have stood out as great traveling experiences because of the interactions with the opposing team’s fan base. Oregon and Oklahoma, for example. I think Pittsburgh will fit that category for the people making the trip.

90 mph all day long. Snap that Ball every 13 seconds!
While I am not defending the practice.... as long as it is still legal, expect Pitt (and other teams) to have defensive players down on the field with a "cramp" at key moments of UT's drives to slow down the tempo.

The NCAA hasn't done anything to stop teams from doing it - so expect teams to keep doing it.

Reactions: VolDave53
While I am not defending the practice.... as long as it is still legal, expect Pitt (and other teams) to have defensive players down on the field with a "cramp" at key moments of UT's drives to slow down the tempo.

The NCAA hasn't done anything to stop teams from doing it - so expect teams to keep doing it.
Your fans have been talking about how “cheap” and “bush league” it is that we run the style of offense we do. What is actually bush league is players faking cramps. What we do is part of the game, faking injuries to alter the game is true bush league.

Yinzers* get a kick outta Tennessee- speak, too!

* Yinz going to the game?
Ain’t much difference between yinz and you’uns, far as I can tell. Y’all is not native to East TN, it’s an import from further South. You’uns is the true Appalachian dialect. I wonder how people in PA ended up saying something similar…a mountain thing, perhaps?

Reactions: feathersax
It is actually the "Carnegie Museum of Natural History". It is on the border of the campuses of Pitt and Carnegie-Mellon universities. It is not affiliated with Carnegie-Mellon University, though.

Lots of things around Pittsburgh are named after Andrew Carnegie.
my BIL is a descendant of Andrew Carnegie. Gots lots of mu-la.

Ain’t much difference between yinz and you’uns, far as I can tell. Y’all is not native to East TN, it’s an import from further South. You’uns is the true Appalachian dialect. I wonder how people in PA ended up saying something similar…a mountain thing, perhaps?
Because the two are distinctly different and have nothing in common.

A lot of the Pittsburgh dialect originates from Scotch Irish immigrants including yinz, jagoff, nebby, etc.

Reactions: volinbham
Yinzers* get a kick outta Tennessee- speak, too!

* Yinz going to the game?
What is funny is how different the dialect developed in the three parts of the state here, we all speak differently in Tennessee depending on where you are from.. Y’all be safe travelin’ ! 😂

Last edited:

VN Store

Back