We're comin'

I don't care about being rah rah for the future or being dour, just realism. The "true fan" or "negavol" silliness is empty message board talk. I heard nonsense about how we were coming under Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt when it was obvious somewhat early on all three there were serious concerns. The best thing I can say about Heupel is I don't find anything obviously problematic on those levels and he has a locker room solidified in a singular purpose, playing beyond their level. I'm optimistic.

Still, there are a few questions I have which remain to be answered and will be in due time. Sometimes, visiting the previous coach's previous stop message board to get some indication of his abilities and seeing if it matches the product on the field can be instructive. The worrying stuff from the C. Florida boards were tired defenses, poor third down rate for the defense, numerous running plays off tackle with little creativity, and subpar recruiting, all which have been issues, so far, on some level (There were also items like divided locker rooms, which doesn't seem to be an issue in the least here). The rest was bitter fan jealousy over a lost coach stuff, but I have still have some reservations about surefire success under Heupel, even if if this concern is lessening as the season develops.

So, is it "We're coming!"? I don't know. I'm still not 100% convinced the offensive style is conducive to winning titles, particularly as I see tired defenses and injuries piling up. I'm waiting on recruiting. I do know I like him a hell of a lot more than Dooley or Jones, from the get go, and definitely Pruitt (After a brief feeling of hopefulness with that Gump). It's good to feel positive, but I'm not interested in phony hope. Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic and feel he's done a very good job, thus far.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back