Welcome to College Football 2024!

Players also lost the privilege to remain in college and play if officially caught taking money.
What's so hypocritical in this is the "I miss the old days when the players came to a school because they wanted to play for the team"...... yeah, right. They feared the team getting sanctioned by the NCAA if they showed the money they were given.

"I miss the old days when the players stayed at their school because they were loyal"..... yeah, right. They were illegally prevented from being able to easily transfer by the NCAA.

It's comical how people want to berate the NCAA for being inept (and they are) one day then whine about the rules the NCAA had in place not being in place the next day.

Are yall aware archeologists/Egyptologists have found papyrus where the older generation of Egyptians are lamenting the respect level, work ethic, etc of younger Egyptians?
That's what yall are doing. The game hasnt changed. Athletes are now able to be paid openly rather than hidden. Every other scholarship type (academic, music, leadership) allows students to work and earn money if they want. Athletic scholarships should be no different.

Are yall aware archeologists/Egyptologists have found papyrus where the older generation of Egyptians are lamenting the respect level, work ethic, etc of younger Egyptians?
That's what yall are doing. The game hasnt changed. Athletes are now able to be paid openly rather than hidden. Every other scholarship type (academic, music, leadership) allows students to work and earn money if they want. Athletic scholarships should be no different.
It's true that people always have complained about others, often younger generations. Sometimes those complaints are valid though and sometimes they aren't. The trick is knowing which and when. The Egyptian civilization did not last, so at some point concerns about decline/complacency were valid ones, and were ignored.

Reactions: mercuryvol
All of which DIDN'T cover their value to the program so boosters paid them even more.

Your point?
Here you go most intelligent one. The guys who make more are of more value? Because the qb, wr and rb aren’t any good if the OL isn’t doing their jobs. So an OL “value” should be just as high. No? Also it’s called a team. So why shouldn’t all players be paid the same? With scholarships, they are. And they “all” are representing the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Can go on but I would
Think you see my point by now. If not, bless your heart,is all I can say.

Here you go most intelligent one. The guys who make more are of more value? Because the qb, wr and rb aren’t any good if the OL isn’t doing their jobs. So an OL “value” should be just as high. No? Also it’s called a team. So why shouldn’t all players be paid the same? With scholarships, they are. And they “all” are representing the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Can go on but I would
Think you see my point by now. If not, bless your heart,is all I can say.
Ah, so that's how it works in pro sports, eh?

Guards make every bit as much as Peyton did? Not close. Keep digging your hole.

Comrade, let me ask, if the trashman or secretary at a big corporation, let's say Amazon, isn't doing their job, the CEO can't do their job so they're just as valuable? I see where your heart is, comrade.

The fact is: Peyton Manning played with some very good teammates at UT, but the Colts paid Peyton an $11M signing bonus just a few months after he left UT. You've got a LONG, LONG journey proving that UT education and exposure was worth anywhere near that $11M Peyton received just a few months after "being compensated" by UT.

VN Store

Back