We need UT football back in the worst way

VOL 4 Life 83

Vols Men’s b-ball is a good team, and has made strides, but seems to always fall short

Women’s b-ball is struggling....

But we are a football school, always have been. We need our beloved Vols to start making some noise in the worst way. The Butch Jones era was fools gold, and we all know the pain of the Dooley era.

I have faith in Pruitt and the coaching staff but we desperately need to make a bowl and start winning on a regular basis....and that means being in contention for an SEC championship. Hopefully this year we turn it around and get back to where we were 20 years ago. Not sure why, but felt like this needed to be said. What say you?

At least Phil cut Holly loose. Pruitt will have football better. We are just starved for something as fans. Sweet 16 is a disappointment when you are ranked top 10 for most of year.

I actually want us to be good at anything.

Fixed. Because i just wanted them to be great at something( don't matter the sport) that will give us an an SEC and or an NCAA

Reactions: tbh
The big challenge is that apathy has set in for a fairly large swath of the fan base. Attendance numbers are down. Expectations are in the cellar. I have become fairly numb to our losing - hell, I generally expect a loss now - or at least a lackluster performance (hate to admit it) - almost every time our guys are on the field.

Been a VOL since I was a youngster (born in 1975), so I have seen the highs and now the really bad lows. It’s going to take more than a good win or two to break thru the negative expectations. Thinking that a win or Vandy or UK is a big deal won’t cut it.

Yes, we need REAL Tennessee football back. So far, we haven’t seen anything remotely close. Butch Hones, Derek Dooley, Mike Hamilton, Dave Hart, and John Currie did immeasurable damage. I wouldn’t pee on any of them if they were on fire - figuratively speaking, of course.

Fixed. Because i just wanted them to be great at something( don't matter the sport) that will give us an an SEC and or an NCAA

Bro, if you don’t think we had a great basketball season, I don’t know what to tell you.

Yes, they lost tonight, but to a team that shot lights out. And, FT shooting aside, we shout 50% from the field, too. That was a great game.

Bro, if you don’t think we had a great basketball season, I don’t know what to tell you.

Yes, they lost tonight, but to a team that shot lights out. And, FT shooting aside, we shout 50% from the field, too. That was a great game.

Yes, However even you gotta feel frustrated that this awesome group of guys have nothing to show for it

Reactions: CA_Vol
The second half of that game tonight was played at an NBA offensive level. We outscored them 54-42 (and that does not include overtime). Sometimes another team gets hot and your best isn’t good enough. See Georgetown-Villanova as a prime example.

Yes, I wish we played better in the first half and shot better from the line, but it’s not like we crapped the bed.

Vols Men’s b-ball is a good team, and has made strides, but seems to always fall short

Women’s b-ball is struggling....

But we are a football school, always have been. We need our beloved Vols to start making some noise in the worst way. The Butch Jones era was fools gold, and we all know the pain of the Dooley era.

I have faith in Pruitt and the coaching staff but we desperately need to make a bowl and start winning on a regular basis....and that means being in contention for an SEC championship. Hopefully this year we turn it around and get back to where we were 20 years ago. Not sure why, but felt like this needed to be said. What say you?
no reason they couldnt make a bowl last season but they quit at Vanderbilt

No doubt! That loss tonight made me hope we have a bad A$$ hard hitting chaos creating defense!

Perhaps we'll get more football news since the dance is over, unfortunately. Possibly, CJP keeps it low key while the round ball team had the court. Time to start generating some football excitement. And, congratulations to Rick Barnes and the team for a great run. Go Vols!

Reactions: diehardvolsfan

VN Store

Back