We need to not do with Pruitt what we did with Butch—get rid of him now—set up Petersen or Hugh Freeze and pull the trigger with the cupboards full

Is there no pandemic clause that says we can terminate que ball at anytime without owing him a ton of money??

We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

Pruitt made his bed and decided to lay down with Guarantano. It cost his job.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Get rid of him now, and let’s get a coach that will give us a shot to win.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is the guy. Pay him. And make Tennesee Great Again.

Pretty stupid post. CJP will get 5 full yrs because of all the damage he had to fix due to Botch Jones. Some of you need to get a grip on life.

When the money at Alabama got sick and tired of losing, they ponied up the money to hire Saban.

Maybe some day, the people at UT that matter will do the same.

Money talks...and the BS of Dooley, Butch and Pruitt walks (and ends up biting you in the @$$ in the long term).

Reactions: 08Vol
I'd rather get another top 10-15 recruiting class before nixing Pruitt. He's a great recruiter (outside of the QB position, apparently). Let's get 3-4 Pruitt classes first, and then replace him if need be. We don't exactly have a great roster for a new coach at the moment. But with this year's recruiting class, and perhaps one more under Pruitt, we should have a team full of studs - regardless of who ends up coaching them.
We just lost to KENTUCKY! Recruiting will go into the tank!

Last edited:
Then we are going to watch Pruitt slowly sink. The talent that we had that kept us competitive with UGA in Athens last week will graduate/leave—and we will not be able to recruit comparable talent and Pruitt leaves the cupboard empty for the next guy and we have the same exact talk 3 years later with the next guy.
We won't have to wait on them to graduate, transfer, or leave. They quit, right there on the field, today! And Pruitt was emotionless, post game!!

Pretty stupid post. CJP will get 5 full yrs because of all the damage he had to fix due to Botch Jones. Some of you need to get a grip on life.

As he holds onto “Botch Jones’” QB year after year—and it is a very mediocre-to-worse QB—it is a very legitimate question as to whether CJP has any ability to fix anything.

Why the he!! doesn’t he have HIS QB by now?

He looks to be just another problem.

No one was knocking down the door to come here when he got the job. Nick Saban was 25-22 after 4 years at Michigan state and never won more than 6 games in a year. Bill Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland And got ran off. I’m not sure who you think is gonna walk through the door so it May not hurt to give him a little more time and at least see if we turn the corner. It’s no fun for any of us right now but starting over now isn’t the answer. He is hopefully learning from his mistakes and getting better. We won’t know until a true qb walks out onto the field.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
No one was knocking down the door to come here when he got the job. Nick Saban was 25-22 after 4 years at Michigan state and never won more than 6 games in a year. Bill Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland And got ran off. I’m not sure who you think is gonna walk through the door so it May not hurt to give him a little more time and at least see if we turn the corner. It’s no fun for any of us right now but starting over now isn’t the answer. He is hopefully learning from his mistakes and getting better. We won’t know until a true qb walks out onto the field.

$$$

Reactions: 08Vol
As he holds onto “Botch Jones’” QB year after year—and it is a very mediocre-to-worse QB—it is a very legitimate question as to whether CJP has any ability to fix anything.

Why the he!! doesn’t he have HIS QB by now?

He looks to be just another problem.

Look get a grip OK. He'll get a whole 5 yrs whether you like it or not. He has had his staff poached yr after yr or upgraded in the case of the OC position. We have to be patient vs being whiny babies. Honestly he has to let Friend go. A bad swap was Rocker to Brumbaugh. I hate to say it but CJB is very bad as a technical DL coach. Rocker was a great teacher and taught guys how to be a technician.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Look get a grip OK. He'll get a whole 5 yrs whether you like it or not. He has had his staff poached yr after yr or upgraded in the case of the OC position. We have to be patient vs being whiny babies. Honestly he has to let Friend go. A bad swap was Rocker to Brumbaugh. I hate to say it but CJB is very bad as a technical DL coach. Rocker was a great teacher and taught guys how to be a technician.

Getting a grip is accepting reality, “OK”?

This is a coach that lost to a BAD Georgia State team. Whether you accept it now or later, he is on way, WAY over his head.

We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

Pruitt made his bed and decided to lay down with Guarantano. It cost his job.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Get rid of him now, and let’s get a coach that will give us a shot to win.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is the guy. Pay him. And make Tennesee Great Again.

This is an outstanding post and while some may laugh, it is what really needs to happen for TN to move forward. Unfortunately, we know this will not happen with Fulmer as the AD. Pruitt was his choice. I think for better or worse Pruitt will be here at least as long as Butch. Fulmer believes in his choice and will call for calm and patience. The great ADs recognize early when they don’t have the right guy and act. TN enjoyed a decade of dominance under Fulmer but he was allowed to stay a few years too long. What happened after 2008 has been a steady decline with a couple of above average seasons under Butch. Dooley never ever should have been hired. My, have the mighty fallen. TN is a completely irrelevant, poorly managed football program that lost its ways many years ago. Honestly, I don’t know if we ever recover back to respectability. This is the fourth coach since Fulmer and might end up being the worst of them. The 2nd 1/2 collapse last weekend in Athens was concerning. GA made all the adjustments and TN seemed to make none. Today, was the worst performance I’ve ever seen by a Tennessee Football team, ever. With a few exceptions, it appeared most of the team quit early. A TN team humiliated at home by a UK team who hadn’t won here since 1984. Pruitt’ list of bad losses, blowout losses, is growing rapidly...now it’s not just to GA, FL, Bama but UK blowing us out at home. It’s getting rocky early in year 3 of the Pruitt experiment. The JG story should not be a story in year 3, the problem should have been fixed in year 1 or he (JG) should have been replaced. We went through something similar with Butch & Worley before Butch gave in and turned it over to Dobbs permanently...will Pruitt finally do the same and turn it over permanently to Bailey, Shrout, Maurer? Are any of them capable of putting this team on their back and leading them like Dobbs did?

Last edited:
Getting a grip is accepting reality, “OK”?

This is a coach that lost to a BAD Georgia State team. Whether you accept it now or later, he is on way, WAY over his head.

Look he lost to them and they made and won their bowl game. Not sure where you get to describe them as BAD. 2. accept what? That this coach inherited a very bad( talent) team that was WEAK due to one of the worst s/c programs under Botch, soft as hell. Help me understand your rationale. In the words of the GREAT Bobby Bowden its about the Jimmys and Joes we're getting there but not there. Only disagreement I have is still playing JG. If you're going to lose do it developing a young qb not a raggedy ass 5th yr Sr.

A freshman QB has to have wheels to dive right in, in 2020 and be elite. Bailey doesn't bring that. His baptism will be rough, but needs to be done. If Weinke cannot get him up to speed before the Arkansas game, he needs to go.
Weinke and Chaney need to get him ready while adjusting the offense to his skill set available right this second, then move forward with that.
If the WRs don't get open, serve notice to Tee.

Osovet is a genius. I believe the hype. Let him get some of this heavy lifting done.
Coach these guys up or get fired.

Look he lost to them and they made and won their bowl game. Not sure where you get to describe them as BAD. 2. accept what? That this coach inherited a very bad( talent) team that was WEAK due to one of the worst s/c programs under Botch, soft as hell. Help me understand your rationale. In the words of the GREAT Bobby Bowden its about the Jimmys and Joes we're getting there but not there. Only disagreement I have is still playing JG. If you're going to lose do it developing a young qb not a raggedy ass 5th yr Sr.

He had better “Jimmy and Joes” today. How did that work out?

I'd rather get another top 10-15 recruiting class before nixing Pruitt. He's a great recruiter (outside of the QB position, apparently). Let's get 3-4 Pruitt classes first, and then replace him if need be. We don't exactly have a great roster for a new coach at the moment. But with this year's recruiting class, and perhaps one more under Pruitt, we should have a team full of studs - regardless of who ends up coaching them.
Many more games like the last two and I wouldn’t count on the recruiting class being all that great. You will not recruit up alongside Georgia if you start playing like Vandy.

Many more games like the last two and I wouldn’t count on the recruiting class being all that great. You will not recruit up alongside Georgia if you start playing like Vandy.

I agree 100% kids will start to flip and move on to other places

VN Store

Back