We need to not do with Pruitt what we did with Butch—get rid of him now—set up Petersen or Hugh Freeze and pull the trigger with the cupboards full

UTK

Pruitt has the rest of this year and next year. Period. Let's just hope things get better. I don't know if I can handle another coaching search around here.

OP, Butch needed time to clean up Dooley's mess.....Pruitt needs time to clean up Butch's mess......the next guy will need time to clean up Pruitt's mess.

At some point, you just have to accept UT is UT. Sadly, I don't see it changing. I will watch and cheer them on but any expectation over 8-4 in the regular season will be considered a "great year" which is sad. But that's where we are. We've witnessed nearly 2 decades of this mess.
Nailed it

SGMVols

Sophomoric Member
If Petersen ever returns to coaching, it’ll be on the west coast. Save for one year at Pitt in 1992, he’s never lived or coached east of Boise.

vegasvolfan

We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

Pruitt made his bed and decided to lay down with Guarantano. It cost his job.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Get rid of him now, and let’s get a coach that will give us a shot to win.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is the guy. Pay him. And make Tennesee Great Again.
I think JG looked plenty good enough going into the second half of the Georgia game. Considering his meltdown was against Georgia, I can see Pruitt giving him the nod against KY. Throughout the future? Not so much. It is what he does from here that will demonstrate his flexibility and authenticity when he says younger people will get a chance to play if the older guys aren’t cutting it. It just doesn’t get any worse than what we saw against Kentucky.

jackieaprilesr

leave the gun, take the cannoli
We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

ur drunk..............which QB had more snaps during the 8 game winning streak? anyone who thinks that Shrout and Maurer could win 8 games in a row is drunk as well. if anything, you can blame CJP for not having more real depth at QB, but you cant blame him for sticking with the QB that won 8 in a row

hUTch2002

Wait til next year!
OP, Butch needed time to clean up Dooley's mess.....Pruitt needs time to clean up Butch's mess......the next guy will need time to clean up Pruitt's mess.

At some point, you just have to accept UT is UT. Sadly, I don't see it changing. I will watch and cheer them on but any expectation over 8-4 in the regular season will be considered a "great year" which is sad. But that's where we are. We've witnessed nearly 2 decades of this mess.
Considering our history, saying 9-3 is a great year actually makes sense. If you look at the last 50 years we've averaged 4 losses per year. We've had more years with 5+ losses during the past 50 years (21) than we've had with 3 or fewer losses (20). What's crazy is half of those years with 3 losses or less came in an 11 year span from 1989-1999 where we had 10 of 11 years with 3 or fewer losses. In the other 39 years in only happened 10 times and not since 2004, as we all know.

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
Considering our history, saying 9-3 is a great year actually makes sense. If you look at the last 50 years we've averaged 4 losses per year. We've had more years with 5+ losses during the past 50 years (21) than we've had with 3 or fewer losses (20). What's crazy is half of those years with 3 losses or less came in an 11 year span from 1989-1999 where we had 10 of 11 years with 3 or fewer losses. In the other 39 years in only happened 10 times and not since 2004, as we all know.
Historically, most teams are in that category. Keep in mind the additional 12th game is against a "Creampuff." It's not the P5 OOC game. Those have always been on the schedule. UT used to have a couple big OOC games per year.

Regardless, 8-4 or 9-3 isn't going to get a team to ATL.

jarnol32

To be the man you gotta beat the man.

NOW.

No.

VN Store

Sponsors