We Have To Clean Up Backfield or Else....

UTM scored 7 on unranked Boise State

So you would prefer Tennessee to keep starters in the entire game so we can say we won 65-7. That’s not smart play when you already have a weak secondary…it also doesn’t help getting freshman and Walk on experience. Tennessee sacrificed some points to let 3rd and 4th stringers get some experience and let UTM have a respectable showing.

We're in trouble in Athens, GA. I don't like how UT Martin was able to drive the ball downfield on their 2nd drive. I know it's 58-7 but it's concerning...

We'll beat Kentucky- for instance, get the favorable calls and alloted time to integrate players back from injury; however, Nov 5th becomes real. I think we score on UGA but they will score us. Can someone suggest how we stop their running game and TEs? We will score on them as well but not sure we have enough defense to stop their offense. the guy from Cali and #0 will be a challenge

I still think we make the playoffs. This has been an unreal season!!!!

Our pass defense has been awful all year, it’s nothing new. Our run defense has given up some plays but overall pretty solid.

Yeah I guess teams like Akron, Ball State, Central Michigan and Middle Tennessee State have recruited better in the secondary than we have huh?

If you think they are better defensively, then there is no hope for you. Don’t give me numbers either because teams have to pass on us because our offense is so good. Common sense has been lost.

Reactions: VolsSince78
The only number that matters is the number on the scoreboard. We scored 65(could have scored 90 if we wanted to), covered the spread(38 I believe) and no major injuries that I’m aware of. We know what we are at this point. A high octane offensive machine that is not going to win games with its defense. There is not a lot that is asked of the defense as we will not be in any 17-10 games just make sure we have more possessions than the other team. The only thing I have to gripe about today was the special teams(missed FG and XP and Brooks didn’t have his best day punting) and penalties(got us on the hard count a couple of times).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
There are no answers for our secondary on this roster. It's why we're taking so many in this class and probably a few more from the portal. Outside of most of our starters, this roster needs a HUGE infusion of SEC caliber talent. The drop off after our starters is much, much larger than I realized. Of course the fact that we kept starting Burrell, Flowers, etc should have been a fairly obvious clue. I just didn't want to see it.
When is the last time we started Burrell?

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Stetson Bennett has thrown 7 Total Passing TDs in 7 games. That's 1 TD a game. And it's not like Georgia has played a bunch of juggernauts. They've played teams like Kent St, Samford, Mizzou, Vandy and USCe. Yet, despite the competition Bennett had a stretch of 3 straight games without a Passing TD. I'm not overly concerned!

We're in trouble in Athens, GA. I don't like how UT Martin was able to drive the ball downfield on their 2nd drive. I know it's 58-7 but it's concerning...

We'll beat Kentucky- for instance, get the favorable calls and alloted time to integrate players back from injury; however, Nov 5th becomes real. I think we score on UGA but they will score us. Can someone suggest how we stop their running game and TEs? We will score on them as well but not sure we have enough defense to stop their offense. the guy from Cali and #0 will be a challenge

I still think we make the playoffs. This has been an unreal season!!!!

Their receiver caught 2 perfectly thrown passes for over 60 yards. They were covered closely. That long pass was over the shoulder and indefensible from behind. Their Oline had fresh legs.

I saw our starters give up 7 and the backups give up 17. Not sure what the issue is.
There really isn’t an issue. The secondary is the weakest part of our team. Every team has a weakness. Some more glaring than others. Our defense doesn’t have to be spectacular to win games, even against good teams. They do have to get a few stops along the way giving our offense extra possessions. We do need our better DBs to get on the field ASAP though. Hopefully most are available next week.

Reactions: Sivad

VN Store

Back