We got hosed by Ref Joe Lindsay

Show me where I blamed the refs. I just mean that you can play the what if game all night. We missed 14 foul shots and they missed 17. I don't ever remember seeing a game where 2 good foul shooting teams couldn't hit half of their free throws. I was there, and if a shot didn't hit net only, it didn't want to go in.
It is not what you said. It was your comments to the original poster djohnnyg. His point was to stop blaming the refs. You keep missing this point.

After watching game again I counted 35 Shots by Perdue in Tennessee where the player was made contact from a Defender and over half of those the ball was still in the hands of the shooter and no foul was called and you're telling me the last shot of the game contact is made the ball is out of the shooter's hand and you make a call at that point to decide the game ridiculous
After watching game again I counted 35 Shots by Perdue in Tennessee where the player was made contact from a Defender and over half of those the ball was still in the hands of the shooter and no foul was called and you're telling me the last shot of the game contact is made the ball is out of the shooter's hand and you make a call at that point to decide the game ridiculous

TAD you get a DBL LIke for telling it like is GO VOLS...………………………...

This team Has been a pleasure to follow this season. They are such a class act and to have their season taken away by an official is downright atrocious, but typical for Tennessee sports. The foul on the 3 pointer was complete BS. In addition, the ball went off their players ankle and the officials couldn't even get it right after reviewing the call. Joe Lindsay was the official that stole our Elite 8 and possible Final 4. We are now 3-3 this year in games he has called. So 3 of our 6 losses were officiated by the same official. He called 6 of our 7 fouls in the first half tonight. Joe Lindsay also called the foul on LaMonte Turner with 1 second left that let Purdue tie the game which even the pundits are already talking about what a bad call that was. Let that sink in for a minute. Thanks Joe Lindsay for ruining what was going to be an historic season in Tennessee basketball history.
the last time tennessee was in the s/sixteen we were hosed on a last second play....remember the offensive file that never happen with two michigan players fouling our player....but they call it in favor of michigan.....the vols will never go to the final four with ncaa refs..puting their fat fingers on the scale in favor of our oppositions

Reactions: 1985Vols and lynnh
vols would have to be 40points better to get past the s/16....5 points better wont get it done because the ncaa refs will put their fat thumb on the scale

Reactions: lynnh
I’ve really just decided that these leagues need to get their officiating problems fixed. It is in every sport I watch. UT got robbed on the last play twice—5 second inbound call and phantom foul on 3-point shot at end of game. Gonzaga lost a possession with the guy out of bounds. UCF got robbed for non-calls in two obvious situations by Duke. Alabama never called for holding on offensive line, Saints not getting that PI call.

I mean, these are not debatable calls. They are obvious misses (either through incompetence or bias) and are really ruining sports. If the leagues cannot show improvement, Google or Apple should just create AI to call games. Because refs are missing waaaaay too many IMPORTANT calls in games.

Rant over.

Reactions: lynnh
I’ve really just decided that these leagues need to get their officiating problems fixed. It is in every sport I watch. UT got robbed on the last play twice—5 second inbound call and phantom foul on 3-point shot at end of game. Gonzaga lost a possession with the guy out of bounds. UCF got robbed for non-calls in two obvious situations by Duke. Alabama never called for holding on offensive line, Saints not getting that PI call.

I mean, these are not debatable calls. They are obvious misses (either through incompetence or bias) and are really ruining sports. If the leagues cannot show improvement, Google or Apple should just create AI to call games. Because refs are missing waaaaay too many IMPORTANT calls in games.

Rant over.
Good post I totally agree have never saw officals so bad as this year ………………….GO VOLS

Refs are probably about the same as they've always been and may not be able to get much better. What's different is the hi-def TV that will expose every mistake.

Somebody posted that they timed the 5-second no call 3x and each was under 5 seconds. If there was no foul called on Turner the controversy would instead be that Purdue was fouled and it wasn't called.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Refs are probably about the same as they've always been and may not be able to get much better. What's different is the hi-def TV that will expose every mistake.

Somebody posted that they timed the 5-second no call 3x and each was under 5 seconds. If there was no foul called on Turner the controversy would instead be that Purdue was fouled and it wasn't called.

I actually don’t think the controversy would be nearly as loud if it was a no call. Edwards really didn’t even try to sell it with his arms. It wouldn’t have been discussed nearly as much.

That's BS. I recorded the game and have watched the inbounds pass and counted to 6 every single time. Plus the referee didn't even move his arm to count to 5, he stood there like a statue. He wasn't even counting. We got hosed!

Reactions: OneVolNation
That's BS. I recorded the game and have watched the inbounds pass and counted to 6 every single time. Plus the referee didn't even move his arm to count to 5, he stood there like a statue. He wasn't even counting. We got hosed!
I've timed it and another guy timed it 3 times. It was close, but the ball was clearly inbounded at about 4.6 seconds.

I actually don’t think the controversy would be nearly as loud if it was a no call. Edwards really didn’t even try to sell it with his arms. It wouldn’t have been discussed nearly as much.
I agree. I don't think anybody would've even brought it up. If they did, the immediate response would be no way you're getting that call at the end of the game.

VN Store

Back