We don't want no stinkin' Sonny Dykes....

10-2 in SEC vs 12-1 in B-12

TCU SOS = 25
Tennessee SOS = 8

TCU gives up 22 points per game
Tennessee gives up 23 points per game

TCU scores 40 per game
Tennessee scores 47 per game

For the first time in a long, long time Tennessee has the right coach.

No offense, but why is this being resurrected? Dykes is a good coach, but he also inherited a much better situation than Heupel did. Additionally, the rebuilding project that was supposed to take 3-4 seasons is well ahead of schedule. GBO!!

The answer to your questions is this. We have a faction of fans who, apparently, enjoy burdening their minds with one form of misery or another. So much so, if necessary they will invent the misery, drag it out of the past, and if dead, resurrect it. I call it the Dr. Frankenstein Syndrome. My lady, says it's zombification. We got a Heupie, all hail the Heupie. Heup, Heup, Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCU’s program overall in the last 15 has been no where close to Tennessee’s. They’ve had some down years, but Dyke’s walked into a much more stable program than Heupel—nine 11 win seasons since 2005 (undefeated in 2010) with 3 NY6 games.

It’s really not comparable to what Heupel inherited.

Reactions: sami
It doesn’t matter now that we have Heupel but I recall reading some pretty ridiculous statements against him at the time we were looking for a new coach. He seems like a good football coach.

He did quite poorly at Cal and was just OK at Louisiana Tech. He may have just caught lightning in a bottle this year.
I like our coach but lots on here were saying the same about Heupel 2 years ago. Either one would have been a good hire obviously

Welp, he's in the playoffs. Should Tennessee have hired him when he was a leading candidate?
I see what you are smoking is very potent. Did you watch the TCU K St game? What I saw was an extraordinary effort from Max Duggan to keep them from losing in regulation. Sure, Sonny has a decent record right now; however, that team was set up as he stepped in. Duggan deserves the accolades for this team's success. Mark my words, they will be slaughtered by Michigan.

I like our coach but lots on here were saying the same about Heupel 2 years ago. Either one would have been a good hire obviously
Heupel never had a long run of failure like Dykes had at Cal. The knock on Josh was uncertainty as to whether or not he could build success or just sustain it.

Welp, he's in the playoffs. Should Tennessee have hired him when he was a leading candidate?
Did he lose 30 players to the portal too? If UT's defense was a top 30 defense, we would be too. It is not our turn.

Be happy with the 10-2 record, don't go down that dark road of would've, could've, should've. It is what it is.

Go Vols! beat Clemson.

Duggan appears half dead at that point.
He was a man on a mission. It's two feet ( maybe) . Put him under center and push him over the line.
I would have bet the house he scores right there. They finish 13-0 , a conference championship and he is a serious contender for the Heisman.
If you watched the sec championship Brian Kelly did the same stupid thing and got stuffed

From 3-7 to 10-2 with Orange Bowl Berth in two seasons and a Heisman contending QB and you’re having regrets about hiring Heupel?

I'm not having regrets. I was wondering if anyone on VolNation thinks we should have hired Sonny Dykes. Why you so mad?

The answer to your questions is this. We have a faction of fans who, apparently, enjoy burdening their minds with one form of misery or another. So much so, if necessary they will invent the misery, drag it out of the past, and if dead, resurrect it. I call it the Dr. Frankenstein Syndrome. My lady, says it's zombification. We got a Heupie, all hail the Heupie. Heup, Heup, Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

VN Store

Back