We don't want no stinkin' Sonny Dykes....

Your posts are now starting to make sense to me.. what has happened? 😂

When my posts don't make sense to you, just remember, you're not alone. Sometimes they don't make sense to me either. I do like having fun, even when it is at my own expense.

Reactions: LadyVolette
No offense, but why is this being resurrected? Dykes is a good coach, but he also inherited a much better situation than Heupel did. Additionally, the rebuilding project that was supposed to take 3-4 seasons is well ahead of schedule. GBO!!

I know, it seems like some of our supposed Vol fans, or it may be trollers trying to inject discourse, but we just won 10 games, and this is a thread.

Yes. In all fairness he had actually already hired two of those candidates. But I trust that if Heupel were to leave he could expand the net.

The fact that he’d hired 2 before still means he identified them then, though.

Welp, he's in the playoffs. Should Tennessee have hired him when he was a leading candidate?
I thought he was a great candidate when at LaState, but as we know that’s where Dooley came from and that seems to always play into these things. Looking back I’m still surprised he took the Cal job. That school is off the reservation and I’d be surprised if they ever get back to success. For Dykes to do this in one year is beyond impressive. Time will tell of this was a flash in the pan. The playoff will also tell a lot.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
No offense, but why is this being resurrected? Dykes is a good coach, but he also inherited a much better situation than Heupel did. Additionally, the rebuilding project that was supposed to take 3-4 seasons is well ahead of schedule. GBO!!

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you HENDON HOOKER. Don't know who was any better to Inherit.

Lol….I THINK I understand your attempt to have a serious discussion about this…but surely you knew the cat slapping you were going to get on volnation? 😂😂. IMO ….WE CLEARLY HIRED THE RIGHT COACH!

Reactions: Samthebam
Let me start by saying that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Coach Heupel and this year is just a glimpse of what lies ahead for our program.

That said, I was one of the ones on here when the Schiano / Curry / Leach / Fulmer / Pruitt was happening that was screaming to go get Sonny Dykes.
Dykes would have done great things here with the resources UT has at its disposal.

NO! Because if TCU played in the SEC he would not be in the playoffs.

Additionally, the rebuilding project that was supposed to take 3-4 seasons is well ahead of schedule. GBO!!
Do you see us being the favorite in the East next season? That is when I'd say the rebuild project is complete. I'd say three-four years would be right about at the low end of the time it takes to build an SEC championship level program. Especially considering where UT came from talent wise, and how good of a team that's needed to win the East and then the SEC.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you HENDON HOOKER. Don't know who was any better to Inherit.
Hooker got benched prior to coming to Tennessee. Nobody knew his name prior to Huepel.

I know you felt like you made this huge point, but you didn’t. You failed miserably. You had no idea who Hendon Hooker was until Milton got hurt vs Pitt and now you wanna come in here with 20/20 hindsight like you just dropped an elbow off the top rope. Get over yourself.

VN Store

Back